Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever turn yourself on?

I had never even heard of Autogynephilia until I read about it here on this thread. I have spent the last couple of days reading as much as I can about it and have even bought a book on kindle.

I know some people are quiet sceptical about it but it certainly describes me and my mindset very well and that's after crossdressing for nearly 50 years and wondering why do I do this for most of that time. I haven't figured out which type of Autogynephilia that describes me the best but apparently they can a d do overlap.

I also do get turned on by seeing myself in photos and when I see myself in a mirror. It's always been a turn on despite the fact I am obviously male and would never pass. That doesn't matter it's seeing myself dressed that does it for me.

Banned Read only
    Mindy,
    If you feel it's right for you that's fine .

The problem I had was most of Blanchards work was associated with TSs , I received some very useful information on AGP associated with TGs and then the penny really did drop . At the time it helped me to move on , my gut instinct told me it felt right so I now ignore the comments from people who haven't done their homework .

I wouldn?t describe the feeling I get when I dress as being turned on but there is definitely a tingle. I experience what i can only describe as a mindset shift to a far more feminine me. I feel more playful. I?m more creative working. I just love the feeling.

Just got my first pair of women?s jeans so I’ve been checking out my butt in the mirror. Like, daily!
    Last edited by Alexis00; 02-03-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Hey Alexis, women's jeans are the best. I wear them every day. They are so comfy because they stretch. Will never go back to wearing men's jeans.

Wow, I thought I was alone on this one, I do enjoy seeing pics of myself and this goes back to my wife's theory. A little while back we had this discussion, I dressed up and I walked by a mirror and when I looked at myself I guess I smerked at what I saw. Not noticing my wife there she tells me that's why she's supports me just for that smile she sees and how much happier I am when dressed. Her theory is that I dress to how I want to view women, and when I achieve that look it's not like I'm looking at myself dressed I'm seeing what I want to see on women. From the first day I told my wife about the dressing she has more then anything found it interesting and you could say she sits in the wings and watches and observes.
    She observed so much that I have become predictable to her, she noticed that when we are out, I will look and go out of my way to see a women dressed mostly in a skirt. I have wrote this on other threads that when we are out and my wife sees that my eye catches something I like, she will automatically tell me that I will try to duplicate that look and once achieved I will be turned on by the image of myself dressed like that women we seen. She backs up her theory now in then and the last time was when I was driving her around doing errons and I was dressed. That day I was driving her around and I was wearing a wrap dress and I opened it up exposing a large amount of my slip. She knows how much I love slips, I don't see much of it these days but she knows that if I do see it I will go crazy, I dont know why it's my weekness. That day she pointed out to me that I would probably get more aroused seeing a few inches of lace hanging out of the bottom of a skirt then if a women was walking with her breast totally exposed. She believed that most men would rather see a women with her dress open and view a long pair of legs, but instead I'm showing slip because that's what I want to see and that's why I get arousded on my own self.
    So not to say if she's right or wrong but to answer your question, different then being arousded by the feeling of slipping those pantyhose on a pair of freshly shaves legs, I must say I do get turned on seeing pictures of my fem self. Thanks this was an interesting and educational thread.

Yup, 1 of the main drivers. I can leave for a while and seem to get pulled back, depends on how busy I am honestly, that and as many have said I feel sexy, pretty etc, in general its very distracting from everyday life and sometimes thats a good thing.
    Mykaa is me! Discovering Peace throughout from the Girl within.
    David Bowie "Don't stay in a sad place Where they don't care how you are..."
    Disturbed The Light "The truth is waiting there for you to find it
    It's not a blight, but a remedy"

Gotta reply again, I was wearing a low cut bra with minimal inserts and the flow of my boobs into the bra made me want to find a low cut top to go with the look.:-)

Found the right top and went shopping :-) :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ok, yes I did.
    But that was many years ago Many years ago when this was a very big part of my dressing.
    It was also a big part of the guilt and shame I had to overcome to be the person I am today. That excitement would happen and of course I would run with it. Then when the emotions settled I would feel all weird and guilty. I'd immediately change and hide everything swearing never again. Well we know how that goes...
    But today, no there's no excitement looking at my pictures or those of others. I suppose it's more "clinical" as I tend to view them all from afar, analyzing what makes it good from a fashion viewpoint, from a photography viewpoint, etc.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes. all too often. Nothing beats seeing a great pair of legs in hose and heels!!

yeah quite often when i look at my fetish photos. i somehow look quite sexy in pvc or latex.

Yup. I have been into photography for many moons and shot lots of female fetish models. Not much in the last few years but the photos I take of myself sometimes really do it for me lol. It's sounds big headed but it's not supposed to

Yes.....Im always turned on by "myself" when I am dressed and looking feminine and feeling sexy. Love to be out (In the pre-COVID days) and catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror at a club. Really gets me excited to see myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyJamieson View Post
    Yes.....Im always turned on by "myself" when I am dressed and looking feminine and feeling sexy. Love to be out (In the pre-COVID days) and catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror at a club. Really gets me excited to see myself.
    That is the exact same for me Courtney! You hot it right on the head. Can?t wait to be able to get that glimpse again out at a club.

Basically, this says that the AGP is attracted to himself as a woman and becomes his own girlfriend.
    That's pretty much the way things turned out for me although I had many GFs earlier in my life. But AGP is a condition one has, it isn't the person is it?

As far as photos, there are some I've taken of myself that are very stimulating and others that are OK. Then there are some that are kind of yucky!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

To put it simply. Never. I wear the clothes because I like the feel.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

If you mean ?turn on sexually? I would say that is not my response, I have more a feeling of joy and comfort.

In my 20’s and 30’s, not really since.

How could I not be? Have you seen me - I?m totally hot. ��
    Last edited by char GG; 02-06-2021 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Sorry but the video needs a "sign in" to confirm age. Having to sign in is not allowed.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Slowinski View Post
    How could I not be? Have you seen me - I?m totally hot. ��
    No arguments here!

In a word ? yes. When the lover and the loved are in the same body. I saw that phrase years ago but can?t remember the source. It seems to describe my experience.
    Vale

Oh sure, it has always been exciting to be feminine since my high school days.
    I do certain thinks to contain the constant unmentionable effects that happen when you are so excited to be able to present your inner most femininity.
    To be dry and fresh, pretty and clean, soft and supple....while luxuriously pampered is all part of turn on.
    It never subsides but never climaxes either, it is the euphoria of finally being myself and how I was raised.
    It brings back a flood of memories of my youth, how pleasant I feel about all the things that I do, to be pretty.
    Not so much sexual as it is more of a "Heavenly" feeling.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Princess Candice,
    I love that angle. Well said.
    Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Years ago maybe a little, but now not at all. I just like the way I look and feel cute and sometimes a little sexy

Every time I wear hose I always catch myself checking out my legs lol