Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever turn yourself on?

Hi Julie, I never bought the autogynephilia theory because it wasn't scientifically backed and I love that GretchenM is providing interesting information about it (interesting because at least her explanation makes some sense, compared to the many ludicrous analysis I stumbled on so far on the Net).

As for being aroused by looking at your own pictures, I think what GretchenM says too (in the first section of her post), it can be explained by the bringing back of memories of an experience that may have turned you on at the time.
    Also, my personal opinion, I find it difficult to believe that you can be sexually attracted to yourself, our brains have been wired to be looking for mates since (ok, a little after) dinos walked the Earth, habits so long in the making are hard to give up, and the inescapable proof of this is that a biped can't tickle himself as you probably know. I suspect that members attracted to themselves in car rear view mirrors or other types of reflective or capturing devices are reacting to the female cues their image is sending, and your imagination does the rest to build this feminine creature or concept that sends butterflies to your belly.
    Last edited by DianeT; 01-25-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Ladies, this is more common, and complicated than I realized. I find many threads on CD.com to be light and polite. So I didn't expect this much response, to a, perhaps, fringe topic within our fringe CD world. Also, I expected some adversarial replies, given the social media environment of late. Overall, I'm appreciating all the responses, especially the research info. I have some homework to do.
    Julie

Looking at photos,,,, Maybe years ago.... but lately I require a lot more external stimulation! lol A LOT!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Autogynephilia translates as to "love yourself as a woman ", It is a complex subject revealed by people who continued and improved the basic work by Blanchard . I'm not prepared to reveal the professionals I contacted about tgis subject but I received a great deal of information dealing with AGP from a TG perspective , that is when the penny dropped with me . As I mentioned I now accept the label might apply to me but on a daily basis it doesn't affect me .

I also accept that being out in public or meeting other TGs sex doesn't enter my head .

Diane,
    There is a grerat deal of BS connected with AGP on ther internet , like there is with many trans issues . I contacted the professionals directly and received some very useful information . If something doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it's not valid to others .

Stevie,
    That is still part of the whole picture but basically what you say is right . The problem was Blanchard associated it with TSs and many aren't sexually maotivated as he suggested , you could say it applies more to many CDers .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-25-2021 at 03:03 PM.

I used to believe I was your average garden variety crossdresser but after reading these responses, I’d now have to say no definitely not. I have previously posted about being a fetish dresser, I think it was a docrobbysherry post; “Where are my fetish dressers at” or something like that.

I am a very sexual person (happily married!) and definitely get turned on every.. single..time.. I dress. I believe I have some non TS form of AGP (if that exists) since I love to see and get turned on by myself dressed up. As I‘ve posted before, when I go out to dinner or clubbing to dance with my wife, I prefer venues with mirrors so I can occasionally catch a glimpse of myself in said mirror. It must be some deep seated validation at some level I imagine. I have absolutely no intentions of transitioning, it just feels like I’m a creative artist that trying to take a male body and transform that male image into that of a sexy woman.

Also with my wife’s full support, I will also admit to taking a lot of lingerie photo/video shoots that absolutely turn me on. So my answer to the OP’s question is a definite Yas Queen! Maybe it’s my non Anglo Spanish/Italian ethnicity or maybe it was my liberal Uni experience but I have never been a conservative person. Again, these previous responses make me feel that I may be in the minority but I will wave the fetish flag proudly!
    Last edited by Lux; 01-25-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    Like many of the other girls, I dont get turned on by seeing myself in the mirror while dressed as I am not passable at all from the neck up. By the time I get enough makeup on to make me look passable, the day is over with.

Another Google search shows

Michael Aaron, author of Modern Sexuality: The Truth About Sex And Relationships, told Refinery29 that feeling turned on by yourself is quite common: "Some experience it more like an orientation, in that they feel more aroused by themselves than by others, and they are called autosexuals."May 20, 2019
    Love
    Lisa
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Hi Julie,

Well I never thought about kissing myself in the mirror, but If my looks were as good as Lux, I might have to think about it. Haha. I actually get a bigger thrill about people being attracted to me , but that?s another thing.

Sandi

I'm not sure if this totally or directly answers the original question but there are times that I look at certain things I'm wearing and I do get a little "tingle" from what I see...

Lacy PJs

yes .

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I used to believe I was your average garden variety crossdresser but after reading these responses,

You are far above the garden variety crossdresser!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I too got a tingle dressed, depending on what I am wearing. I know my new Roanyer breastplate certainly messes with my mind. It is one thing to have fake boobs balloon forms, but another thing when you look down and see realistic looking breasts!

In the beginning of 2020 I read a lot on Blanchards theory of Autogynephilia. I was trying to find the label to explain my behaviors. I read the book Men trapped in men's bodies written by Dr. Anne Lawrence psychologist, sexologist, anesthesiologist and a trans woman. I found a lot of similarities to myself in the theory. But, I feel that Dr. Lawrence and Blanchard mistook the tree for the forest. But I also feel that many who discount the theory do so for two reasons the first being that the theory may not check off all of their own particular boxes and the fact that the theory runs counter to the accepted belief that there are only trans women and perverts.

My personal conclusion from the research that i did is I feel that I am a bisexual cross dresser on the non-binary scale closer to the trans female side then to androgynous center. So when the transgender box did not totally fit I tried labeling my self as Autogynephilic, but that box did not fit me either. But anyway, yes there have been a few occasions that I had seen a picture of my self or seen myself in a mirror and felt some arousal at seeing myself as a woman. I think that someday I will want to transition but I am still holding back on committing to it.

Either way if you are not harming anyone then who cares. If it turns you on then enjoy it. If it makes you feel like your true self then enjoy it. Do not let anyone make you feel that you are not man enough, cross dresser enough, woman enough, or trans enough. Just because someone went to advanced schooling and gets to hang an alphabet in front of their name does not give anyone the right to invalidate YOUR feelings.

YMMV,

Rachel
    Profile pic taken with Face App gender swap.

Um - no?

When I look in the mirror, or at photos of myself, I seem to only be able to see all the "fails" - the things that still say that under it all, there is still a male body there.
    So no, I don't ever think anything like "she looks hot. I'd like to be with her"

But - I have learned that when fully en-femme, I do feel more sexual (or sensual) than when in drab. That's a dead end though. My SO isn't even remotely interested in going there!
    Hey, who can blame her? I do like women, and I wouldn't be interested in me either!

Banned Read only
    Rachel,
    I do feel we reach a point when labels need to be placed back in their boxes and put to one side . Like you I searched and searched for reasons and explanations to make sense of my gender issues , I agree even if the cap fits at some point you just have to say OK that's me and get on with life . No point in arguing the point as we are all different , what makes me tick may not apply to others , who can say what is right and what is wrong .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-26-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Aspiring Member
    When i look in the mirror I am more likely to scare myself.
    Sara

Julie, Maybe if I lost 40 pounds. When I was younger I did like looking at myself in lingerie in the mirror. But that is no longer the case.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am. And just thinking about being dressed and pretty can turn me on. The first time I wore a nice tight dress, teased my hair, put on makeup and jewelry and looked in the mirror, I gasped with glee at how hot I looked.

I fall into some degree of the AGP group. I know it's hard for some to understand that phenomena, but for a few of us it is real.
    Last edited by laura.lapinski; 08-26-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: to be more honest

Constantly.

I've been out and about en femme shopping and such. Occasionally, I see a cute chick out of the corner of my eye. Other times, I practically run full on into a cute chick. Occasionally, that "cute chick" is a reflection of me in a mirror. I'll say that qualifies.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CD Rachel View Post
    -------------------------------------
    Either way if you are not harming anyone then who cares. If it turns you on then enjoy it. If it makes you feel like your true self then enjoy it. Do not let anyone make you feel that you are not man enough, cross dresser enough, woman enough, or trans enough. Just because someone went to advanced schooling and gets to hang an alphabet in front of their name does not give anyone the right to invalidate YOUR feelings.
    YMMV,
    Rachel
    So beautifully said, Rachel. It brought tears to my eyes!
    Reminding me of when I first arrived here those many years ago. And, I naively assumed EVERYONE was turned on by their own image. But, denial was a big thing back then. And, I was demolished by many members!
    It's so nice that dressers accept threads like this now!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc Sherry,

I am surprised, well maybe not that much, that you were attacked by members here back then. The vast majority here now are very kind. There was that one mod a few years ago...

Self-acceptance, along with acceptance of others, takes time within this safe little forum, just as it does in the big, outside, cruel world.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

I'll say that I frequently LIKE what I see in the mirror but I can't say as I'm "turned on" by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I used to believe I was your average garden variety crossdresser but after reading these responses, I?d now have to say no definitely not. I have previously posted about being a fetish dresser, I think it was a docrobbysherry post; ?Where are my fetish dressers at? or something like that.

I am a very sexual person (happily married!) and definitely get turned on every.. single..time.. I dress. I believe I have some non TS form of AGP (if that exists) since I love to see and get turned on by myself dressed up. As I?ve posted before, when I go out to dinner or clubbing to dance with my wife, I prefer venues with mirrors so I can occasionally catch a glimpse of myself in said mirror. It must be some deep seated validation at some level I imagine. I have absolutely no intentions of transitioning, it just feels like I?m a creative artist that trying to take a male body and transform that male image into that of a sexy woman.

Also with my wife?s full support, I will also admit to taking a lot of lingerie photo/video shoots that absolutely turn me on. So my answer to the OP?s question is a definite Yas Queen! Maybe it?s my non Anglo Spanish/Italian ethnicity or maybe it was my liberal Uni experience but I have never been a conservative person. Again, these previous responses make me feel that I may be in the minority but I will wave the fetish flag proudly!
    I would say im very much the same as Lux (thanks for posting this) except that i dont go out clubbing, but the description matches how i feel.
    I realise now that when im dressed i always seem to be walking past the mirror and sneaking a look at myself.
    Very satisfying to see the way i look.
    Im hetero and i wouldnt dream of transitioning, but i get a real enjoyment from dressing, and it makes me relax and feel (at the time) comfortable.

So, yes, i turn myself on. Eventually, not immediately.

Never my intent, but often an ancillary result. I just think that means you feel pretty and feminine. So yes, and think it is a fun extra benefit to an already remarkable experience

Never, I see myself as a man and not a very good looking one at that,
    I am totally disgusted by my pictures.

Dressed enfemme, I can tolerate the look, The pictures are ok, but that is all.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"