Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The little things we have to remember

Banned Read only

The little things we have to remember

There are so many little things that can get us caught, and I was discussing the kind of checks I have to do with a friend, and she was totally blown away - apparently she was feeling a sweat just thinking about how stressful it is.

Thought maybe it might be a good thread to have some examples, and maybe some of the things that have been noticed. I'm not thinking clothes, because they're a dead obvious giveaway - i'm thinking the unusual things that we need to keep on top of.

- Lipstick marks on mugs or glasses
    - Unusual colour hair around the house or in a hairbrush
    - Wig caps, which are really easy to drop
    - Earrings and earring backs. I wear magnetics, and they are a nightmare!
    - Buttons on outfits, which can easily pop if you've put on a few COVID lbs.
    - Makeup brushes, which are round, and therefore roll away!
    - High heel marks on the floor

Any others?

You can add eyebrow pencils falling out of my laundry basket.

Marks on the skin left by a bra, holdups or those left on feet by strappy heels. As for wig caps, they can leave a mark across your forehead if you're not careful.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    occupational hazards?

Banned Read only
    Opinion was that those of us who are successful in hiding in plain sight are like undercover spies. I can see that comparison

Don't forget those who wore mom's or sis' clothes.

Put everything back EXACTLY where it came from.
    Make sure there are no marks from deodorant in the underarm areas.
    God forbid you get a run wearing Her stockings.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Marks on the skin left by a bra, holdups or those left on feet by strappy heels. As for wig caps, they can leave a mark across your forehead if you're not careful.
    Helen, I had to chuckle at this although when it happened to me in the mid 1960's it was traumatic. I dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw. I love her open bottom girdles. Loved the tight feel as it held up a pair of her stockings. She and my brother and sister were gone for the day to upstate New York. I wore her girdle all morning. When I took it off in the late morning it was "oh, shit." The seams were imbedded on my skin. I had an appointment for a physical to work a part time job for the United Parcel Service. I spent as much time as possible kneading my skin trying to remove those lines. I really did not know if I was successful as I could not see my butt at the physical. It was a thorough physical......I did not get the job. See other postings on what is was like to wear women's clothing in the 1960's.

And my problem: press-on (and even glued-on) nails popping off into some black hole to be found by your better half. Cheryl, you could write those for SO's, too, before telling.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Which is why DADT properly discussed and organized, can be so freeing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I had a false eyelash fall off one time and tore the house up looking for it. It is something that would be hard to explain seeing how my wife has never worn any before.

Sandi

Reality Check
    Before I introduced my wife to my little "hobby", she went out of town for a week. Before she returned I had to clean the house in case of any of those little giveaways and then make it messy again so she wouldn't know I had vacuumed.

It's so much better now.
    Krisi

Charlotte, it sounds like you are in a just don't relationship instead af DADT. My feelings are DADT has some "grace" for the missed clothing or jewelry. DADT to me she knows but doesn't want to see you dressed. It is damned hard to keep it all undercover.

Banned Read only
    It's certainly DADT rather than Don't. I am very confident that I left an office style dress out recently - either she put it away, or I put it in a very unusual place, and I am so OCD that I wouldn't have put it where I did. She didn't say anything, and we've been fine.

My 'cover ups' included clearing the snow off the deck (I enjoy stepping out, even in winter, and having a smoke and looking at my reflection in the sliding glass doors) so the heel prints won't show, watching for make up dust, and trying to clean the wash cloth from washing off the make up. I do most all the laundry, so when there are make up stains on the neck of my undershirt, she won't see. When I wash my work clothes, I toss in the panties, but have to be sure to put the clothes in, and take them out of the dryer myself.

Interesting topic for some of us. A number of these are all too familiar, as I have had close calls with several: the eyelashes/missing stick on nail, the marks on the skin (bra straps, corset marks, and the wig cap line), etc.

I wish I didn't have the issue but that is a discussion for another thread.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

In an attempt to make a useful contribution to that important topic, here is a list of severe bloopers that will give you away even to the most unsuspecting wife:
    - Remembering your wife's birthday
    - Selecting your wife's Netflix profile and only realizing after a minute
    - Remembering that the Smiths are coming for dinner tonight
    - Nailing a color or floral pattern match
    - Putting a Kleenex box and a bottle of water in your car (a classic that works it's magic even without the spare pair of pantyhose in the glove compartment)
    - Noticing your wife's new haircut
    - Making a detour to avoid a walk in a park at 3am
    - Leaving your jeans pockets empty
    - Remembering which dress your wife wore the day before
    Stay away from these glaring mistakes that
    will tell you every single time.
    You've been warned!

Leaving a pair of heels and a bra in the wardrobe.... that did it....

Having sequins fall off a dress and hide in the carpet. They only reflect light from one direction, which makes them particularly hard to find.

Clothing tags that escape.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-26-2021 at 08:46 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

The bra and waist clincher marks can be challenging I also made the mistake in the early dressing years of dressing before a dermatologist appointment and was panicking over the bra marks on my shoulders since then I of course bought a property fitting bra to help eliminate the marks. Makeup dust in the extra bathroom also caught my wife?s attention when she was cleaning the sink I told her I had no idea what that red colored dust was.

Those early breast forms ( 2 baggies filled with rice) left out. Or, mascara even days later she can just feel it’s presence.

I have had many of those "oh heck I missed that" moments like others have mentioned ....lost nails, long hairs on the brush, lipstick marks on a glass but my worst fail was not completely removing eyeliner and mascara . My daughters came over after a dressing session and asked.....dad are you wearing mascara? Well I some how created the excuse of all time and got away with it.

But over the years I have hundreds of "tells" and am so happy that I finally had "the talk" and no longer have to hide the evidence of my desires. I am one lucky person to have a wife who makes effort to understand my desire and still loves me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I have a helpful and supportive wife and I buy her clothing ocassionslly. when she wears them out and her friends ask where she got it, she isn't bashful about telling them that I got it for her. She says I have a better taste in clothes for her than she does. She asked me ( ages ago) how I do it, it's easy I pick out clothes I think would look good on her.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteCD View Post
    Opinion was that those of us who are successful in hiding in plain sight are like undercover spies. I can see that comparison
    At work when a woman stops by your desk to ask, “Do you have eye shadow on?”

And then going to the bathroom and discovering yes, you do still have blue eye shadow you somehow didn’t remove last night.....

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    I remember well the tell tale marks of a bra and suspender belt, they do take a while to disappear .
    I was caught out by badly removed makeup .
    Shaved body parts , very hard to disguise .
    Errant earrings , if they could talk they'd be shouting , " look at me I'm hiding under this chair !"
    Going for a drive and panic sets in when were're miles from home , " What if I break down or someone runs into me ?"

It feels so good to have all that behind me , I guess you could call it a " Bootcamp " for CDers , I did my training and passed with flying colours !

Steffi,
    The point about sequins is an ineteresting one . The Klass company and I would guess others now give a disclaimer about the shedding of sequins . A SA in the Klass shop was telling it came about because an irrate husband complained when the dress of a lady he was having a fling with left sequins on his clothes , his wife eventually divorced him .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-28-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Banned Read only
    I have unending sympathy for a cd'er caught due to a shed sequin, but a cheating spouse? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. No sympathy here.