Thread: Changing course?

Changing course?

I‘ve been on and off HRT for about 2 years now. I had some concerns about the consequences at work if the changes became too apparent so I stopped. I went back and forth for a while then in November after my annual medical decided I needed to stay the course and went back on schedule.

Tonight I finally decided to dress as I haven?t since the beginning of the pandemic and when I did I was amazed at what I saw in the mirror. It was the first time I have not used hip pads or breast forms and to say it made me so happy is an understatement. I started HRT with no intention of fully transitioning due to family and work but I have to say that tonight planted a seed of doubt. Not sure what lies ahead because my head is spinning right now. I know that I can’t take that path but a girl can dream.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kara in CT; 01-27-2021 at 11:36 PM.

So cute. Thanks.

The smile says it all....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Read only
    Kara,
    At times we put others first but it still comes back to accepting oursleves , I'm so glad you have found your happy route now . Many of our fears prove to be unfounded , I use to say to my daughter when she was having a bad day , " The worse very rarely happens !" Twenty years on she remided me of saying that and she thanked me for it because it proved to be right in her case .

You look amazing ��

Aspiring Member
    Kara,
    I agree, you look like a GG and amazing. Congratulations!
    Best wishes going forward!
    Michele

Aspiring Member
    It becomes a feedback loop doesn’t it?

Sending you a dm.

Aspiring Member
    You look great! Like you I've been on and off HRT. Much for the same reasons.

Just take it one day/step at a time. Let each step take root, integrate it into your life, and then decide whether you're comfortable where you're at, or want to push out the boundaries some more, or even dial it back a bit. It really is all about YOU! And YOU is who you have the right to be.

I wish you all the best. You have what it takes, appearance-wise, to pass easily. Cherish it!

Hi Kara, I can see exactly what you are talking about, and I can also feel what you are feeling. I hope you find your comfort zone and I believe that every transition is self defined and restricted only by the limits we place upon ourselves. Keep on smiling and do what makes you happy!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Well, you look wonderful and I can understand how that can sow that seed of doubt. There will be multiple paths forward and I'm confident you will be able to find the one that works best. It may take some counseling and negotiation, but keep your head up and enjoy your gift.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi Kara,

I have a couple of questions, how did you decide to start HRT? Did a doctor prescribed it? What did you expected to start? Well it's more than a couple of questions. I see Jean has a similar experience so may be her answers would be good to hear too...

I have some doubts at week eight and quit for one week but too soon, it was so evident that to change to my previous life was a proof I was in the right path on keep HRT.
    2 years and 7 months after that episode of doubt I feel so happy, after legally change my name that old person I was once is just one more memory of the past....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Kara...keep on that path to transformation. As it has been said, we have doubts and sometime those are unfounded. You look great and very passable. Sometimes having someone that knows and can be a reasonable resource for you is good. Not so much to talk you into things or talk you out, but to help along the path. Today I continue my journey. I am starting HRT and filing to change my name legally. Whatever doubts I have, I know doing this will make me happy.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara in CT View Post
    I started HRT with no intention of fully transitioning due to family and work but I have to say that tonight planted a seed of doubt.
    I had the same thoughts and the same fears. In the end, I had no issues at work and my family still loves me. Not a guaranteed outcome by any means but not completely unreasonable. I just couldn't resist the satisfaction, the joy, the confirmation that came with leaving a genuine life.

I feel as Katya feels my fears ran my life only to find out everyone in my world was fine with me transitioning. FDR's said the only thing to fear is fear it self, its true. I am applying for my first job as Leasa, although the company who took over my accounts and the employee all know me are fine with me. Funny they are more interested in my business ability then my Gender.

Reality Check
    You make a very attractive female and I suspect people are going to notice the changes. Be ready with an explanation.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Devi SM View Post
    I have a couple of questions, how did you decide to start HRT? Did a doctor prescribed it? What did you expected to start?.
    I was seeing a therapist for a few months and she suggested I think about HRT. I visited an endocrinologist and following a discussion with my wife decided to begin taking E by injections. I really didn’t start with great expectations. I stopped for almost 6 months twice before I decided to move ahead with it. I had noticed small changes...breast tenderness, less body hair but nothing major. It was when I started eating healthier around the holidays that I started to notice a shift in my body shape. This was certainly confirmed when I had the chance to dress again. I have no plans of stopping now as long it doesn’t affect my wife and I’ll have to deal with work at some point. No possible way to come out there. All ex-military types that would never be accepting.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!! They are greatly appreciated.