Thread: Terms of Endearment

Terms of Endearment

On this site, and when out dressed, I get a warm and calming feeling whenever calling someone, "sweetie", "dear", "love", etc. I feel the years of self protection, hiding affection, and male armor shed, especially when I know the receiver is a male, whether CD or not. I use these terms with loved ones, but it has a new feeling when used with my new friends here, or with total strangers, while in my female skin.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    I find I'm using sweetie far more and generally use affectionate terms more openly ,there are so many aspects of living as Teresa that I enjoy .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for the reminder, Julie. At all the countless T events I attended, there's no hesitation at using terms of endearment for others. Plus, hugs r standard greetings for girls u know!

I wonder if that will change because of Covid?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Ands it's even better when your out dressed and somebody uses those same enderaments when talking to you.

Agreed.
    One rarely is addressed this way when presenting as a male. However, when I am en femme, and I hear one of these endearments targeted at me, I feel so good and accepted.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-28-2021 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I am Scandinavian. We rarely use terms of endearment.
    What about terms of reindeerment?

I find myself using terms like 'sweetie, cutie, etc.' more on this site than otherwise. I try to be a source of positive energy at work, so I may greet a female co-worker as 'sweetie' to brighten things. Over the years I adopted some phrases for lady friends like 'the ray of sunshine in my artificially lit world,' or something. I have never referred to by a term of endearment by anyone but my wife -- or on this site. It does feel good when it happens. Thank-you.

I have been very mindful, when in male mode, to avoid calling a women, in public, I interact with and do not personally know, as "Dear", "Sweetie", "or Cutie".
    Some women may take it in a way that you are showing a superiority over them with the label....honest, sad time these are.
    Hearing the terms while presenting as Candice and it is all good!
    In fact, anything to champion a honest reaction to affirm my looks and mannerisms, is wonderful! .
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

From a GG point of view, I really don't like "strangers", even SA's using terms of endearment with me. It seems so fake. I have no problem, if I know the people.

I have also heard some GG's complain to "strangers", such as "I'm NOT your honey!"

I think there is a fine line between "affirming" and "condescending". It's possibly a regional thing; but most people where I live don't use those terms unless they are speaking to an SO or child.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-30-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paula_16 View Post
    What about terms of reindeerment?
    Slay!💋 Sleigh! 🛷.

- L.

hello Julie,
    a late fiend of mine called everybody (and I mean everybody) "love" or "pet"; he was from Liverpool,
    It's a cultural thing!
    stay healthy,
    Luv J

Outside of immediate family, I never use endearments. When I hear others use them...uck. 👎 We agree with Char.

Not me... nothing endearing at all... pretty sure others think I have a potty mouth most of the time. ?Yinz get the f$#! Out of the way.... jagoff!!? Yeah... I speak Pittsburghese...

I was in Florida one time, minding my own business, sitting on a bench outside while my wife did some grocery shopping inside. I woman came by and said something to me, calling me either "sweetie". My first thought was, "How the H did she know (my secret)?" I did a quick self-check, and didn't see any obvious "tells". After my wife go finished shopping, I told her what happened, and asked her about it. She's a native Floridian. She said that's just Florida. It's like how you would say, "Hi", up north.

We were in Northern Florida, which I always thought of as culturally "South Georgia", as opposed to central or south Florida.

In short, in my case, it was cultural. I wasn't outed.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Terms of endearment always give me a positive feeling, I never look further than that.

Why worry? :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.