Thread: Pandemic weight loss

Pandemic weight loss

I have a few friends who have put on a few extra pounds during the pandemic. Like myself they are all working from home and meeting only through zoom. But I?ve had just the opposite occur. I?ve been a bit chubby since my 30?s, and it?s affected the way I look in a dress. I?d get all dolled up and look straight at myself in the mirror thinking I looked pretty good. Then I?d turn sideways and think, "My goodness, you?re so fat!" But during the pandemic I?ve lost close to 50 pounds and am just about at my ideal weight. When I turn sideways my tummy is flat, and my dresses look great. Of course everything comes at a price. My face has gotten a lot thinner too. I?ve gone from a pudgy, but smooth face to looking like a wrinkled old prune. I?d like to post a few pictures, but I?m going to need a lot more help from makeup, and I?ll wait until I see where that takes me. Just had to share.

I have lost a few pounds, not very many, but certainly haven't gained any! We used to eat at restaurants several times a week, not any more. Than has helped keep the weight under control.

I have pretty much maintained what I weighed before but I can see how easy it could be to go off the rails.
    Crissy

I've worked steadily all through the pandemic, so not gaining was simple. I determined to avoid putting on the winter flab and became more conscious of portions at supper in the fall. I decided to try to trim off some weight since thanksgiving and have trimmed about 10 - 15 toward an initial goal of 20 (partly inspired by improving Geena's figure). I plan to keep it up and slowly trim up. Congratulations to all having success in this department.

As the French women say: face or waist!
    Either the fat smooths out the face (but you are still fat) or you are thin but the wrinkles are more visible.

Not me!! I haven't skated in 11 months.... haven't played hockey in over a year..... The wife took over our exercise room for sorting photos.... probably gained 10 pounds this last year and don't know if I have the inner strength to get back into shape enough to be competitive against kids 40 years younger than I am.... Time to hit the showers.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have lost about 15 lbs. since the lockdown began last March. I was in the habit of going out for lunch very frequently before, and I believe that's been the main factor.

Platinum Member
    Cynthia, before Covid-19 and "home confinement" did you eat a lot of fast food/junk foot when out? As a retiree I have not been chained to a desk. My routine has not changed much other than no overnight trips. My diet has not changed. No weight gain or loss. Congratulations on your loss of weight.

Well done Cynthia - I have not gained weight (but have not lost much either)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Cynthia, before Covid-19 and "home confinement" did you eat a lot of fast food/junk foot when out? As a retiree I have not been chained to a desk. My routine has not changed much other than no overnight trips. My diet has not changed. No weight gain or loss. Congratulations on your loss of weight.
    Mostly my weight-loss is due to intermittent fasting. Before the lockdown I ate breakfast at breakfast time, lunch at lunch time and dinner at dinner time. Always full meals. Then with working from home and no fixed schedule I began asking myself "Am I hungry?" And "How hungry am I?" Only eating when you’re hungry enough makes meals taste better and trims the waistline.

I have good news for all those that 'Lost Weight'......
    I found it, and you an have it back anytime you want, I Do Not Need a ounce more.
    Matter of fact, could easily use to loose 20# some of it is my new found weight...

Aspiring Member
    Losing weight is extremely beneficial, congratulations on losing 50 pounds, you will feel that when you are walking you are flying and there are tremendous health benefits. I personally have gained weight I am a Truck Driver and I am personally Lazy and I over eat a lot, so the Panties I bought last Winter do not fit and my waist have go to the moon. So again Congratulations
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not me!! I haven't skated in 11 months.... haven't played hockey in over a year..... The wife took over our exercise room for sorting photos.... probably gained 10 pounds this last year and don't know if I have the inner strength to get back into shape enough to be competitive against kids 40 years younger than I am.... Time to hit the showers.....
    Karen ... why hang 'em up????
    images.jpeg
    Last edited by Claire M; 01-31-2021 at 08:31 PM.

When I got on the scale this morning it showed 202 pounds. Since the initial lockdown last March, I'm down about 18 pounds. I attribute this weight loss to having an enormous amount of time to ride my bicycle. Between April and October, I logged over 2100 miles on the gravel roads of Vermont. Then the bike went on a trainer and I bought a Zwift subscription. In addition to Zwifting (enfemme of course) some 65 to 75 miles a week, I have an rowing machine which I use a couple of times a week.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Me?

Stayed the same, about 140lbs.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Weight is a touchy subject that has been a bigger challenge than usual. Some will recall my post about dieting prior to the pandemic.....big fail.

I am 5?6.5? and currently weight 197 and finally losing weight. Last fall they weighed me at my annual and it was 7# heavier than I was at home. We realized that our old mechanical scale was shot and got a digital. Anyways I found out I was 7# heavier than I had thought and gained a bunch over holidays and lockdown.

We have a walking trail across the road but it?s icy and snowmobiles take over. In the summer walking up their makes my knees ache from the hard pavement.

Enter our new treadmill a couple weeks ago. I started at half hour a day and am now doing two miles in around 40 minutes and have lost nine pounds since reaching peak weight. I am on there every day and love the built in spring cushioning.

My low weight sixteen years ago was 150# and I looked great with my long hair and thin figure. I am not entertaining the idea of getting that thin again as I was smoking at the time and very active which made it easier. No guarantees but I would like to get down around 170# which would be realistic with the treadmill. I am eating smarter as well.

The life long struggle is real.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Pandemic or not. Loosing 50lbs is a fantastic achievement. Well done girl. Those few wrinkles will be well worth it when you're still enjoying life for many years to come.

Me I have put on around 4-5 lbs, but then I lost 35 before this all kicked off.

I've been 20 lbs over for as long as I can remember and due to the Pandemic shut down I went from 204 down to 185, so cool!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Platinum Member
    Hi Cynthia , I lost 18 lbs a couple years ago when myWife had a major heart attack
    and I am doing great keeping it off, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've lost almost 40 pounds since the pandemic started, but that is only because I started working full time at a Home Depot and walk about 8 miles a day. I needed to lose that weight, because I reached my highest weight in February.

Just to illustrate how hard it is to lose weight I used to love craft beer including heavy stouts and that sort of thing. I quit drinking over a year ago and gained weight after quitting heavy style beers. We have two craft brewery co-owners in the family so I kind of miss that. If quitting resulted in weight loss that would make more sense.

Cynthia, Congratulations on your weight loss.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".