Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is your Covid face-mask "girly"?

I have a couple of girly masks, any mask hides a lot of sins for me.

I can even skip shaving if necessary. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The masks I have are plain black and gray Costco. Where can you buy pretty ones?
    Last edited by Blonde617; 02-07-2021 at 04:39 AM.

Platinum Member
    Especially with the new mutations it has been recommended to double up on the masks. Bill Nye the Science Guy was on Dr. Oz the other day. He demonstrated the efficiency of masks using a test using on a candle flame. It's simple. Light the candle and attempt to make the flame waiver/flicker. The more it waivers when blowing on it the worse the mask is. Bill Nye tried it with manufactured and home made masks. The recommendation was to have two layers of tightly woven material. I mentioned on this site the type my wife has made; two layers of tightly woven quilting fabric with a layer of "Wonder Under" sandwiched in between. The purpose of "Wonder Under" is to insure the two layers of fabric are bound together. It is commonly used by people who make clothes. I tried her masks and the flame did not flicker at all. Give it a try with the masks you have. I have seen some face coverings that are totally worthless.

PS: Blondie, just about any retail store carries masks. Check the construction before buying or you may be buying a false sense of security.

In boy mode I have one mask - completely utilitarian and boring. However, Julie has at least a dozen masks, and its always a question about which mask will match the outfit.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde617 View Post
    The masks I have are straight black and gray Costco. Where can you buy pretty ones?
    Wow! I didn't know that they had different masks for straight and gay people. LOL
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Slowinski View Post
    In boy mode I have one mask - completely utilitarian and boring. However, Julie has at least a dozen masks, and its always a question about which mask will match the outfit.
    Are masks the new panties?
    Crissy

Purchased a hand made colorful print mask on eBay as the sewing machine is bring difficult.

Crissy,

NO! Panties are always first. Except for my SOMA mask...

Davina

Here is mine IMG_0458.jpg

Nothing special that I use. I have two or three that don't lean either way. I am just ready to quit wearing these things.

I have a bright pink one somewhere, just can't find it. I miss it so much.
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

I do not have a feminine mask. All drab
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

jacques, my face masks all have patterns on them. Perhaps not plain like most men wear, but I'm not sure they are girly?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I guess!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I refuse to admit these masks as part of my fashion sense

IMG_4981.JPG

Not on the outside it?s a plain light gray, almost white.... however the inside is stained with my lipsticks that I?ve been wearing publicly while in male mode just get away with it! ☺️

When at work, I wear the company provided mask that is the corporate colors with the company logo. It’s not too bad really, and my customers find it amusing. When I am in man mode or out with my wife In man mode, I have a generic mask that is a neutral blue gray. As masks go it is by far the most comfortable and fits well enough. So, it really doesn’t matter what it looks like... function over aesthetics. However, on a recent solo shopping excursion, I did borrow one of my wife’s Vera Bradley masks. It was nice going out for a change having a mask that nicely completed the ensemble.

Hot pink neck gaitor at work! I also have a pink tie dye one as well... forced to wear one at ski lift I operate, I may as well have fun!! Goes great with my brown mid back hair!! And whilst skiing, my hot pink ski pants😁...

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I think so, what do u think?

Attachment 318994
    Hey Sherry! your missing one for Sunday? lol