Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wife, I think I will Keep Her!

My Wife, I think I will Keep Her!

This morning I noticed my wife got up early, I just rolled over and went back to sleep. When I got up about 7:30 I went looking for her and she was sitting in our family room looking at the internet on her computer. She told me she wanted to talk so I sat down on the couch. (At least the words "I want to talk" are much less scary than they were a few years ago!) She went on to talk about my desire to buy a wig and have her do my makeup. She then went on to say she had been do a little research and decided she wanted to buy some new makeup for herself, so she was looking for me too! Anyway, this afternoon we went shopping and picked up makeup for both of us. I told her I wanted to try match my new breastplate skin tone so we brought a piece of the neck trimmings from it to get a close match. We also looked at wigs I had picked out and ordered one this evening. We are getting this all put together and probably will wait for a winter storm or "snow day" to do my make over. I can hardly wait! I hope I don't have my hopes up too high, I probably will just look like some old dude in a wig and a dress!

Congrads on the communication and shopping event. Enjoy and let the wifey embrace and feel comfortable.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Not necessarily "old dude in a wig and a dress". If enhanced-male is what you [ plural ] want, you can have that. If you want a M2F, you can have that too. Depends on how you light & shade it.

A CDer learning M2F techniques will eventually look feminine. So if your wife does the same M2F processes on you, guess what? And she'd be starting having already mastered application fundamentals.

Seeing myself for the first time with a successful M2F attempt had an effect on me that I now realise I wasn't prepared for. It might have an effect on either or both of you too.. or it might not. You might consider it worthwhile to spend the time beforehand getting yourselves prepared in case the result turns out a bit better than either of you expect.. Or you might not 🤷.

Whatever happens, your wife's willingness at the time of writing is probably as good as can ever be hoped for. A lot of credit to her 👏.

- L.

That's great, I'm sure you will look great especially that you have your wife guiding you. Many women dont seem to realize some positive aspects of our dressing, the bonding of buying things together sharing. The other day my wife was ordering a bracelet on line and she asked me if I liked it because she was thinking of getting one for me.
    Well let's hope it snows soon so we could get some pics of your snow day adventure and I'm sure you'll look beautiful.

Pumped, I always smile reading about your wonderful wife and how far she has come with acceptance of this side of you. You are very fortunate to have her, but you know that, so just give her a hug from all of us.
    Crissy

Wow, what a wonderful development. Regarding the old dude in a wig and a dress, that may be the objective truth, but don't forget that perception tends to define our realities more than objective truth. To a large extent, beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. But, so is a lack of beauty. Enjoy the time together doing something really different and keep your perceptions connected to reality but leading the effects of what is produced and what you see. It is an emotional world as well as a world of harsh reality. But life is also supposed to be fun, so have some fun.

Always great to her stories about a crossdresser who has an understanding and supportive wife. You are very lucky. Make sure she knows how much you appreciate and love her. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    Kudos to your wife! She is definitely a keeper.
    I wish you and your wife lots of fun and good times with the makeup and wig.

What a great life
    That's wonderful I'm sure you will look nice, Have fun and enjoy yourself.

What planet's have to align for my wife to call me over to let me know she is buying me a cute wig and make-up?!?!?!!
    What a nice feel good experience....though your past bumpy road didn't toss you in the ditch and your on smooth pavement now, you might just want to cross your fingers.....
    ...when your makeup is purrrrrfect and the wig is set just right, she doesn't think you look prettier than her!
    too-cute2.jpg
    "My wife sez I look too feminine Doc! What do you think?"

Oh the pitfalls of an accepting wife.... I am of course kidding and soooo, "Green with Envy!" ....Lucky girl!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Candy, I really like that cartoon that you posted! I do see quite the similarity between YOU & that cartoon.

Back to Pumped: Good sign, its really nice when you get that kind of acceptance. Kind of like when Darla got some Christmas presents from my wife

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Old dude in a dress and wig", Pumped? Well, remember I'm 77. But, I don't want to see that in my mirror or pics!

So, I've been wearing suits, masks, and appliances for 10+ years. And, you're part way there already. Just sayin'------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Pumped, nice to see that your wife and you are getting along well on the subject.

My wife...I know I will keep her. She is always helpful and supportive. When ever I have a question or need advice or help, she?s there. When she buys makeup, she always asks if I need anything. Recently, she bought a couple tops, which I really liked. About a week later, a package arrived. She handled it to me. I couldn?t open it fast enough. Yes, two beautiful tops, which are sooo comfortable and look great. Yep..a Keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydianne View Post

Seeing myself for the first time with a successful M2F attempt had an effect on me that I now realise I wasn't prepared for. It might have an effect on either or both of you too.. or it might not. You might consider it worthwhile to spend the time beforehand getting yourselves prepared in case the result turns out a bit better than either of you expect.. Or you might not ��.

��.

- L.
    I think Lydianne makes a good point. You've only to look at some of the transformations in the boy vs girl section to see just what's possible as the vast majority of the posts are true representations and not the result of software.

When I put on makeup and then finally add the wig I'm always surprised by the change so even if it's just a casual chat about your wife being comfortable with the results being better than she's ever imagined it might just help should it turn out that way.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would say that she is a 100% beautiful woman.

It's really nice to receive some encouragement from your spouse. Congrats! Hold on to that woman!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Made my day to read your post. Thanks for sharing!

Just let your wife take the lead, she appears to be going in the right direction. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds great, wish you both much fun and luck that it turns out as you wish
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

Pumped,

She's a keeper, all of us want the same thing from our wife's. You are so fortunate, life is good...

Davina

That's awesome news Pumped, but not too surprising given how your wife has become so much more accepting in the last month or so. I can offer you a bit of help since my wife and I have done this about 6 or 7 times now. First off get that wig, you'll want it to top off the look after being made up. Hook her up with some tutorial vids, I'd recommend Nikkie tutorials;

https://www.youtube.com/c/nikkietutorials/videos
    She has tons of stuff on Youtube.

It's vitally important that you don't get discouraged at first, despite her makeup knowledge she will have to learn new tricks for you, and it's doubtful it will come together without some trial and error, and purchasing of new makeup for you specifically. The first couple of times we did it I didn't see that difference I was looking for even after putting the wig on, which always immensely enhances the makeup job. The second session wasn't much better. We started to have a breakthrough after the 3rd session, and now I've seen noticeable improvement the last 3 times we've done it. Just wait till you see the smile on her face as she has her first successes with applying your makeup, priceless.
    Be the best you, be the true you.
    That said, I love faceapp so much I change my avatar daily

https://giphy.com/gifs/l0MYEWpv7Ue0RFVaE/html5

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Good luck. The future is there to be enjoyed.

Congratulations! I am hoping this is a sign that 2021 will be a good year.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

Pumped, That sounds great. my wife as well is supportive and it makes things so much easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".