Thread: CD Blocked

CD Blocked

Let me start by saying my wife has fantastic, very accepting, and very helpful until last year. After living in Florida for 20 years, 2019 saw some big changes. I turned 65, sold our business, sold the building, we eventually sold the house and moved back north for family. My wife survived a simultaneous heart attack and stroke, but has recovered well, but still has her struggles. Last year did present a lot of challenges. Stress from the move, physical exertion of packing, routines being upset have all made life more difficult for her.

Last March just before Covid, we took a cruise for a niece's wedding. I grew a beard for the wedding, my wife liked it. After the cruise she asked me to keep it a while longer, because she really liked it. We got backed to MD, surrounded by family that the beard fit in with, brothers, son and nephews, all with hairy faces. My wife asked me keep it through the Holidays. During this time I underdressed, wore in between outfits, bided my time letting my wife get comfortable being back home.

Finally at new years, I asked her to sit and have a discussion, about the beard and about fully dressing again. We had a good conversation and she realized being home made her afraid of family finding out about my dressing. We had a good discussion about limits and expectations. I appreciate the support she gives me and respect her fears and needs. Today was the second time she spent the day in Marguarite's company. I felt great and hopefully looked good. (trying to upload pics in Gallery). I gave her a big Hug and Kiss, and fixed a heck of a dinner.

Congratulations on the big move, take your time for as you stated your wife has a full plate without the dressing. I wish you all the best I would say the most important thing is communicating with her and earning trust on both sides. Don?t betray that trust ever and I think you?ll both be great .

Gold Member
    That's great that your wife is OK with your dressing. Remember her fear, and respect them.
    Try to work out a schedule for Marguarite time that fits both of your needs.
    Good luck. make sure you take care of her.

First I hope your wife’s health keeps improving. Considering everything that has gone in both of your lives you are doing very good. I can understand your wife’s fears as my wife is the same. It does sound like you have turned the corner so just keep doing what you are doing and show her your appreciation every day.
    It is good to have another Maryland sister!
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 02-01-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    I think most wives fear their husbands will be found out to a cross dresser. You never know what anyone's reaction will be. All is not peaches and cream.

Wow, some big changes in your lives and you wife's medical issues is maybe the largest. It appears you have dealt with it all quite well. But now it is time to give Marguarite some attention as she is a significant part of who you are as a total person. Other than perhaps her husband being gay, I suspect the fear of people finding out he has significant gender issues is among the greatest fears wives have when gender shifts occur. Of course, if you turn the tables those same things can become of equal concern to husbands - and it does happen. In my opinion, you are doing great, but watch out for issues arising with relatives. Prepare to address those in a considerate and understanding way.

Marguarite, Thank you for sharing. Brenda

Marguarite, I belong to a meetup group in the DC area. When things open backup considering coming to our group dinners.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thank You Jamie,
    I would love to, I can't wait to be normal again.

Gosh, you and your wonderful wife have had a full docket of life Marguarite, best to slow a bit and lounge in lingerie...*giggle*
    My thoughts go out to your wife and her health, we are of that age where those things happen.
    My doc want me to take a heart test as possibly this year as my bp is just above 120/80.
    Take care to be realistic about your age limitations.
    Nice to hear you can be girly again, that always puts a smile on my face!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Frederick, MD checking in. I wouldn't mind a chance to let my hair down!

I know "Alwayshave" from the DC Group. I've been pretty much grounded for over a year. I'm a regular with the DC group, but my wife doesn't want to deal with Steffi. She doesn't even know that I've had a girl name for the past 15 years.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Nothing helps mor than alitte chat to get on the right track again.

Yep! You will just have to work around that hairy family. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I think the most common complaints a wife of a CD-er has is having nobody to talk to about it and non-approval from family, friends,coworkers and acquaintances. There's always that "She married to a cross dresser! What wrong with HER?"