On the end of my walk yesterday I saw the guy who lives two doors away so I stopped tp ask if the water from the fields behind was giving him problems in his garden . For a moment he didn't say anything then realised who I was , the last time I spoke to him was just after I moved in three years ago when I spoke to him in male mode . The conversation then drifted round to gender issues and he mentioned a person in a wig and wearing women's clothes often drops into a garage/workshop of a friend , then he stubled saying but I don't know what to call him...her ? So I pointed out it could depend on having surgery or not , if he/she has then she should be addressed as " She " . He shrugged his shoulders saying he didn't know but the person called Maralyn doesn't really talk about the situation .

This conversation is very typical of the ones I've had before , even if we are on hormones and had sugery unless we have the need to tell people they really don't know what to call us . I've had a roasting in the past over the subject of labels on the forum , we get heated over them on the forum but it doesn't really explain it to the general public .

OK in this instance he remembered me in male mode but to save him from stumbling over what to call me I told him my name which was Terri , so then he said, " hi Terri , I'm Dave ."

I could have thrown so many labels at him but they would have been wasted , I have to smile when some members tell people , " I'm just a crossdresser !" that's really stating the obvious not unless the person has poor eyesight .