Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Hair

Long Hair

My hair is getting long now, will be very reluctant to have it cut, and nobody can complain about it, and its probably going to be another 2 months before i can have it cut. Will be able to put curlers in it soon, getting excited about it. How long is your hair now ?

It's been 10 months since my last haircut. It was half an inch then and is about five and a half inches now. At that annoying stage where it's too long to leave, but too short to properly tie back. When at home i tie a really small tail at the back and use a pair of clips to pin down the hair above the ears that doesn't reach the tail. The front is left wispy.
    When i go out i wear a hat/bandana anyway, which means i can cover it up while it's nondescript.
    Want to grow it long enough for an "up-pony", which will perhaps be another year.
    Fortunately my wife is ok with my longer hair. She has given me some of her hair-ties & pins and has even offered to do me a frizzy perm when it's longer....
    Last edited by Krea; 02-06-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I am envious Debs. I would give anything to have your problem. Fifty years ago mine was so thick. Now it is still kind of thick around the sides, but peach fuzz on top. And mostly white with occasional non-conformist black hairs. (Non-conformists seem to be everywhere - even freaky men in dresses. Yikes! What a wonderful world we live in.)

Sweetie, enjoy it while you have got it. (Damn genes!)

I’m getting close to 5 years since my last cut,it’s getting long

Some years ago when long hair was in fashion for men I would get a perm and for a woman it was heavenly.

Presenting as a man the girls loved it.:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine is about 2/3 of the way down my back. Do I still wear wigs? You bet!

Banned Read only
    Debs,
    If only my hair would do that !!

I missed my haircut before the last lockdown just after Xmas now it's getting bushy at the sides and back making wearing a wig more difficult but it's still not as bad as last time when I had to wait six months .

I'm resigned to always wearing a wig but I don't mind .

My hair is non-existent. Back in my 20s I used to have long beautiful hair that came down between my shoulder blades. Even with facial hair I’d get ma’amed. But it left a long time ago. Sigh. Now I have at least a dozen wigs, so my hair can be any length or color I want.

What I wouldn't give to have a full head of hair now.
    I had let it grow but due to those "male issues" I became very disappointed and cut it very short. It's good in a way as it's such a drastic difference from that to my wigs that it certainly maintains my image.
    How I long for the days of my youth when my hair was full, thick and to the middle of my back.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

What hair? Sigh.

I wish I had the hair that I did growing up. Long and naturally curly.
    My last drivers license renewal I was officially listed as bald.

I do as well but being in the military its not allowed so I guess I have to settle for what I have.

My last haircut the hair dresser cut 9" off. I got a Man's haircut.

My wife loved it, I do not. I will let it grow again. But my hair is thin and does not look good long. I will keep it in a length that my hairdresser decides. I trust her and I will come out to her (I will wear mascara), next time I go in. I will go soon for a color and a trim. The goal is almost to my shoulders all way around, with bangs.

Platinum Member
    The last time my hair was cut was sometime in the last quarter of 2019. Covid lock down hit. The woman who usually cuts my hair is my wife's friend. She became an anti-masker, even with her husband being in a compromised group. I have no idea when I will get it cut again. I am participating in a no hair cut challenge until at least June. My gray hair is thin and I am bald on top. It is long enough to start keeping it in a pony tail is back. My wife says she likes my curls. If I had hair on top I'd keep growing it out. Otherwise, I'll be getting it cut.When I am en femme I don a gray shoulder length wig.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I was a bass player in rock bands in the 1970s when I had long hair in in my 20s
    So, a few years ago, I decided to grow it long again except for this time, I decided to have straight cut bangs which are somewhat feminizing. i just say that is because i do not like my straight hair in my eyes if anyone might ask.
    i now like to keep my straight hair a bit past my shoulders. I am now 73 years old.and I believe my natural long grey hair helps me pass .
    In male mode I just tie it back
    In any event, no one really says anything about it .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-06-2021 at 12:25 PM.

My wavy hair reaches my bra strap.

Marion

Ironically my long hair is a bit of a problem. My wife won't cut it and I am waiting until after I get vaccinated before I sit inside a salon. The problem is that it's too thin on top to look good en femme and it's so long that the ends hang out from under my wig and are difficult to stuff underneath it so it doesn't show. All will be resolved in time but right now it's not looking very good.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What Karren said!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

hello Debs,
    normally my hair is very short - but yesterday my children pointed out that I had "covid hair". I did consider growing it. I did have very long hair in my 20s.
    but today - I cut it short again, perhaps because my hair is now getting a bit thin with age and I am thinking a bald front with long at the back is not a good look ( crossdresser or not)
    stay healthy!
    here comes the snow!
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    What I wouldn't give to have a full head of hair now.
    I had let it grow but due to those "male issues" I became very disappointed and cut it very short. It's good in a way as it's such a drastic difference from that to my wigs that it certainly maintains my image.
    How I long for the days of my youth when my hair was full, thick and to the middle of my back.
    Cheryl and I think a lot alike on a lot of things, seems I am quoting her more and more.
    I too long for the days I had by hippy hair down to my shoulders.
    Today I keep it below my ears and as full as can be but I am just starting to get thin on top.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Debs you have very nice hair good for you.

My last cut was December 2019. I was at the salon i go to 10/8/20, 12/10/20 and my last 2/3/21. She did just a little clean up of the ends and color the last 3 times. My hair is just at my shoulders. Some are freaking out which are guys I know from work I get compliments from women.

I don't feel I'm feminine looking as a guy just a guy with long hair, I do like it long. Hopefully no more wigs.

My hair is currently mid back length

My hair is about 6? down the middle of my back and sides. I did have it all the same length but an accident making a fire in the fireplace I used some charcoal lighter fluid and singed parts of it. I can?t wear it all in a ponytail right now but it will grow out again. It?s been 3 years now since I?ve had it cut. I do need a trim to even things up in the rear but my roommate has promised she?ll trim it soon.

I?ve always had thin hair or rather fine hair but lucky enough there?s a lot of it. Plus being natural blond it?s always looked like it?s blended like a salon would go women. I?ve had many comments on it before from women that thought I had it done and who did it. I?ve never been one for bangs but might consider it if it doesn?t grow a bit faster. Right now the part i singed and burnt is down around my upper lip. Hoping it?ll be back to normal length by spring time or early summer.

I?m really lucky about having as much as I do it no different than like when I was younger just a little white mixing in now. I really feel for all those that cannot grow their hair in a more feminine length and or cut but they do make some really beautiful wigs nowadays to rival any cut out there and can have both worlds. Mines strictly feminine looking now but I?m okay with it. Have dressed now for the last 2 1/2 months everywhere I go 24/7. I?ve not had one comment period in that time. I?ve been everywhere too Kohl?s, JC Penney, Lowe?s, Home Depot, Walmart even auto-zone. I did get a few looks there but nothing said. I just aclike I?m me and the only thing is I haven?t worn any makeup as of yet. I usually wear leggings a pretty blouse and have a Kenneth Cole women?s knee length puffy coat on. Plus 3 pair of earrings and pretty rings and bracelets.

If I let my hair grow really long, I would have the Larry Fine look. I think I'm committed to wigging it.

Gold Member
    You are a very fortunate to have hair. My better days are way behind me.
    Rader