Thread: Hand towels?

Hand towels?

So - I had a humorous incident this past week. I had placed an order through Amazon for some new suspenders and a Overlook Hotel tshirt a few days before so when I opened the mailbox and saw a package from Amazon and thought good, they're here. I had to get on a conference call so I walked back into my home office and set the package to the side until I finished my part of the brief for the call and then sat back with the phone muted while the next person gave theirs. While I was sitting there I grabbed the package and opened it up.

What? Instead of a tshirt and suspenders, I pulled out 5 pairs of nylon panties - pink with a lace front, blue, yellow, red, and white.
    ?? Did I click on the wrong item in my cart and not notice?

I looked at them - they were size 6, not my size, not my wife's? So I pulled Amazon up and checked the order - tshirt and suspenders still on the way, definitely not an oops on my part. Huh. So I picked up the package and looked at the label - ah, addressed to our neighbor Kelly. Wasn't the first time it had happened, their mail coming to our house or vice versa, but it was the first time I had opened one of their packages.

I put everything back in the package and waited for the call to be over. When it was done I told my wife what happened, she laughed and said she would take the package over, did I wanna go with? Sure, we?ll go for a walk afterward. So we go over and ring the bell and Kelly opens the door. My wife said hey Kelly, we got your package by mistake and - my name - opened it.

I apologized, told her I hadn't even looked at the label before I opened it. She said oh no problem, I've been on a shopping spree getting hand towels and other items for the bathroom, and I'm giving my husband headaches with the credit card bills. My wife laughed and said they were a strange choice for towels, but that I sure seemed to have liked them, especially the pink ones. Kelly looked puzzled, "The pink ones?" She looked in the package, said OMG, turned fire engine red and started laughing. My wife and her talked for a few more minutes, told her we would see her later and off we went.

It was a good laugh but you know - I really did like the pink ones.
    Last edited by Nastasha; 02-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.

LOL Poor Kelly ! Sounds like nice panties too...
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Haha ,

Funny, if they only knew just how much you liked them ; )

Sandi

A similar thing happened to me, I ordered a synthetic wig on line, back came a human hair lace wig in the selected colour.

I gave the dealer full points and said I was completely satisfied and kept the merchandise. :-)

Just because it wasn't what I ordered, it was great value.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wonder? Is Kelly lucky u don't wear size 6?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I wonder? Is Kelly lucky u don't wear size 6?
    No, if it isn't mine I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Haha ,

Funny, if they only knew just how much you liked them ; )

Sandi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa516 View Post
    LOL Poor Kelly ! Sounds like nice panties too...
    Hey Sandi - my wife knows lol, but Kelly, nope.

Lisa - The panties were awesome, especially the pink ones. Ha.

Ha ha, Somehow I think most of us here would go for the pink ones.
    Crissy

I wonder what her husband wears

Somewhere there is someone that has the same name as me. A couple of times a year I will get an order from Amazon that is addressed to me and my address, but I never ordered it. It never got billed to me either. I called and emailed amazon about it and they said it was their fault and don't worry about returning them. if I could use them OK, if not, throw them in the trash. I've gotten ear buds, bluetooths for a phone, tons of printer ink cartridges for a cheap printer, etc. Only thing I ever got that was female was a head covering with a flower made of the fabric. Still waiting on the bras and panties to show up!

@ tiffyjo

Could be brushing

Brushing is when people receive cheap, unsolicited packages in the mail from an online marketplace, such as Amazon.

But the actual seller ? the individual or company that sent you the item ? is usually a third party that uses those websites to sell its products.

The seller effectively makes a fake shopper account using your name and address, buys the product from itself, and then sends it to you.

Americans have recently reported getting sent bluetooth speakers, hair ties, car cleaning products, torches, empty jewellery bags and smart phone repair kits, to name a few.

Why are online sellers sending me free stuff?

To boost their presence ? and therefore their sales ? online.

To achieve this, the third-party seller writes a fake, five-star review of the product it has just "sold" and sent to you, using your name as the author.

More https://clark.com/shopping-retail/am...u-didnt-order/
    Last edited by Lisa516; 02-07-2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: addition link
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Platinum Member
    There was an outbreak of these unsolicited packages from China that contained seeds. The government said not to plant them...burn them...or send them in for analysis. The various departments of agriculture did not want invasive species taking hold here. It was thought to be a "brushing" scam.

While we're on issues with Amazon I stopped giving feedback on purchases from Amazon. I found reviews I had made for a seller were also later migrating to another seller. Many legitimate reviews I see for woman's wear many times state the review was posted to a particular site. I see that with products purchased at Hane's company site showing on Macy's or some other retailer. The issue I had once was something I bought for $12 when Toys R Us was on Amazon ended up later attached to someone selling the same thing for $50+. That pissed me off, so I wrote a response on the $50+ site saying I had purchased it years ago on Toys R Us for $12, not $50. My update was posted.