Thread: Softening appearance for work place chat update...

Softening appearance for work place chat update...

Last year I posted about a softening of my look to try and generate a discussion in the work place....just thought I would post an update as a fair bit has changed... to say the least..!

I was a bit disappointed at the time as nothing was said and I just assumed it had gone unnoticed... I was wrong...

One evening I was talking to my boss and a sudden wave of courage crashed over me and I asked him if I needed to talk to them about my presentation and what was behind it...

He told me that there was nothing I could tell him he and the other manager had not figured out... the other manager described it as Adelaide?s worst kept secret..! their silence was not so much disapproval but letting me find myself without additional hassle from them...

They had assessed the impact to the business as being low to none existent at this stage but reminded me that I am in a results based industry and that we would need to keep an eye on it.( I?m in business to business sales)

My business cards and email are being changed and an announcement is being made to the workers in the next week or so....

I am obviously very excited but also nervous if I honest....I have spent a lifetime telling myself this was an impossibility being in sales and representing my company and now it?s actually happening.. gulp..!!

I called in to work to day...Sunday in a flower top ... lite but full make up and open toed shoes to catch up on some things... the boss came in later and we sat chatting about upcoming opportunities... as if nothing was different... it felt amazing to be free... but I know there will be some challenges along the way... just hope the clients keep buying...!

It?s also worth noting that my wife is onboard... not exactly happy but has given the ok....

Jessica,

I wish you all success in your new venture. It's great that your bosses have been so supportive.

So can I ask, is your work face to face selling of telesales?

Face to face sales...

Jessica

It good to hear of bosses with such a great attitude.

You always look great so your presentation wont really be an issue.

I am sure it was a relief to hear it was not really a secret, and that they are helping by making an official announcement next week.

Best Wishes for the future.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thank you...I will be trying my hardest to make this work

As long as I don't date a business partner, I really don't care how he looks, as long as he's dressing appropriately. I hope the same goes for your business contacts. And congratulations, you have a lot of courage and looking back in a few years, we will probably owe you for having made a difference.

Good luck Jessica. I hope there are no negative impacts.

I have known others at the same stage as you and it is a difficult time.

Go carefully and slowly so as others can grow accustomed to your changing appearance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.