Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Ridiculous Thing You've Bought

Always buying something unsuitable, the worst exercise is buying wigs off E Bay.

You need to feel the width and check the quality.

Trying them on is a bonus....

Try a wig shop in future.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I think the most ridiculous item I ever wasted my money on was a pair of too-tall mail order high heels. The concept looked stunning, in the online photos. Made of a glittery material, the classic stiletto shoes had matching spats which converted them into an enclosed, above the ankle high heeled bootie.

When they arrived, they proved to be unwearable. The shoes were poorly made, and rubbed the back of my heels nearly raw where the back edge of the shoe hit my Achilles tendon. The spats had to be put on after you were wearing the shoes, and pretty much required being a contortionist or help from a second person to get them positioned and fastened right. Except the ankle part of the spats was way too small for my ankles... I can’t even remember what I did with them. I probably gave them away at a clothing swap event.

Runner-up was what was supposed to be an auburn wig, bought on line from a Chinese company. What arrived was pure black, and so over-populated with hair that it looked like a football helmet on my head. Their customer service dept insisted the color was correct, despite photos from me that showed otherwise, and to get a return credit, good only on another wig from them, I would have had to ship it back to China at my own expense. Instead, I threw it out and vowed never to buy from that company again.

Honorable mention: a beautiful and very expensive glittery gold cocktail dress, which when I bought it on a last-chance clearance sale, I think I paid only 10% of the retail price. But... I bought it shortly before the pandemic hit, and since then I’ve lost enough weight to drop eight to ten dress sizes, so it is now much too large for me. It is in the back of my closet, never worn, and maybe I will eventually be brave enough to try tailoring it down to fit me.
    Last edited by Ceera; 02-09-2021 at 11:26 AM.

If anybody has watched the 2003 movie Normal about the TG person living in a small Midwestern town it illustrates the way I shop. Walk all self conscious into a rural thrift store, find the racks for my size, grab a quick fistful of clothes, pay as fast as I can and get out of there. Get home, take them out of the bag and find out that what doesn?t fit is stained or missing buttons.

Basically every purchase I make is bad in the sense that I don?t examine items closely in the store and it?s thrift shop so it?s often tacky and dated styles. I mean, what do I expect when I drive over to shop in a rural thrift store near a town of 500 people? Farm wives are not known for their fashion sense.

Those are my worst purchases.

Men's clothing

Yeah, Paula, I’d have to agree on that one.

You are correct, hope things are going well

Susie

Probably my worst purchase was one of the V-string prostetic vaginas. Horrible looking uncomfortable rubber contraptions.

How are we defining “ridiculous” in this thread? The most outlandish thing or our worst purchase? I own a lot of stuff that’s pretty “ridiculous” but I love it

Banned Read only
    A size f breast plate

Quote Originally Posted by JFinn4U View Post
    I bought a pair of 5" black heels before I realized how high that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceera View Post
    I think the most ridiculous item I ever wasted my money on was a pair of too-tall mail order high heels. .....
    "DING!" ...me too. Ya, 5" black high heels were pretty crazy to think I could wear them out and about.
    I was 5'11" and 200 lbs...no way! They were so feminine and pretty though, they made me feel special.
    But, I had to hold on to something constantly, while walking in them.
    They became my CFM bedroom heels, mostly lounging and sleeping in them, till I donated them to a local religious resale shop.
    I wonder if a nun is wearing them today?
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Two prom dress that i bought on line. They never fit so i nevr did wear them

DD breast forms $130, never fit into my dresses, threw them out!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    A pink mini skirt with a sheer top that showed your bra. I didn't have any falsies.

I think reading though every one response. I have the honor of matching everyone's ridiculous purchases
    4 inch high heels
    many many wigs
    forms way to big
    I don't even want to talk about make up every foundation ever made.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hold on, let me pull out the list. Although I've had more than my share of silicone disappointment, that seems to be already well covered.
    I guess I had to find out the hard way that 7" ballet boots are nearly impossible to walk around in no matter how hot they look.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

My entire CD wardrobe is ridiculous. That's the appeal.

Aspiring Member
    I would say, maybe not ridiculous, but no longer really needed: breast forms. With HRT I've developed 38-almost-Bs, so with a 38B bra, and being relatively fit, I get a nice bust. Not overly big, but certainly as good as many cis women. Plus it feels more natural and comfortable than breast forms to just wear a regular ol' padded bra. I aim to be just any other woman and not draw attention to myself, so that works for me.

Otherwise I've bought wrong-sized clothes from time to time, things that looked OK in the store, but at home not so much, and some tops that needed an engineering degree to figure out how to put them on and wear them. Seems my biggest fails come from Wal-Mart...

Not long ago I bought a pair of denim short shorts. Something a 20 something would wear. Also a mini skirt way to short

Banned Read only
    Anything with exposed shoulders or chest.
    Anything light coloured that makes my frame stand out more.
    Breast plate that doesn't match my skin tone in any way
    Shapewear that really doesn't so much as it's too thin.

Quote Originally Posted by candykowal View Post
    "DING!" ...me too. Ya, 5" black high heels were pretty crazy to think I could wear them out and about.
    I was 5'11" and 200 lbs...no way! They were so feminine and pretty though, they made me feel special.
    But, I had to hold on to something constantly, while walking in them.
    They became my CFM bedroom heels, mostly lounging and sleeping in them, till I donated them to a local religious resale shop.
    I wonder if a nun is wearing them today?
    I'm right there with you!
    One of my initial purchases was a pair of hot pink CFM pumps which I would, no doubt, be able to slink and sway down the catwalk like a sexy super model.
    The result was somewhat less umm... delusional?
    To say that my sashay was similar to that of a newly born Giraffe would be kind. I'm surprised that I didn't go for a loop and knock myself out. My calves tightened like a drum as I lurched to and fro around the house and it was a rapid and utterly convincing crash into reality. I wear flats now...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I bought some cheap breast forms on Amazon. Looked like a good deal until they arrived. Found that they were ver narrow and didn't appear natural on my chest. Fortunately, they were cheap so not a huge loss.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

A pair of spike heeled ballet toe shoes, that I can't even stand up in, AND were so much too small that it really hurt to put them on. But I can't sell them because they're so cute.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The only thing I can think of is I bought this really cute and sexy white bikini off Ebay, purely because it looked hot on the model, and for some reason thought I would have the same results. Obviously I was way wrong, and I darn well knew that from the start.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I bought a tight back hook longline bra. It didn't take me long to figure out that I would need an assistant to do the hook-and-eyes in the back. It was too tight and too long to hook it in front and spin it around.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Definitely bought some sexy thigh-highs on Amazon that look absolutely stunning on the slim model, only to find out that 'runs small' meant the XXXLs I got were more like sheer tube socks. Genuine Queen size only for this tall grrl.