Thread: Pandemic frustration

Pandemic frustration

I finally have a few days with no wife or children and I can dress all I want. I been looking for some CD friendly bars to go in the Philadelphia area to go but because of the pandemic they are all closedown. It?s so frustrating!

You are quite right about the frustration. There are so many places I want to go and things to do. But I can't because of the virus that is floating around in the air. Even going around with full face mask scuba gear will not protect you perfectly. We just need to be patient.

I got my first vaccination last Friday, but I am "old." I look around and there are so many that are young and vibrant and full of so much energy. It must be much worse for them than it has been for me. In a few months it should change, provided the virus does not mutate into a form that the vaccine ignores. So far so good. Patience and make the best of what you have.

Almost everything about my crossdressing depends on the freedom to get out and about like we do in more normal times. Happiness in a DADT is dependent on mobility both for shopping as I cannot shop online and take deliveries and for meeting other CD?s and seeking out ways to socialize.

I share your frustration with our current circumstance. If I could give myself any advice it would be to hang in there as there is a dim light at the end of the tunnel.

Platinum Member
    At least you have some alone time. My wife does not drive as she has a vision impairment. We have been totally joined at the hip since the lockdowns started. With the exception of grocery store runs and medical appointments we have been totally isolating. During the spring, summer and fall we were able to entertain in our spacious backyard, but, the winter coolness and rains have curtailed even that. The only thing I can recommend is to "mask up" and go for a drive or evening stroll in a safe part of town.

Everyone is made up of a lot of individuals who all have their own issues. Someone else having it bad does not negate the troubles of another.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-08-2021 at 10:04 PM. Reason: The comment you spoke about was deleted.

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    My wife knows and supports my dressing. Her mother has been staying with us so I have severely limited my dressing. But now I'm stuck in a different city than her and can dress as much as I want. They both have covid and all I want to do is be home to care for my wife. Thankfully, they both are showing only mild symptoms.

Take a walk in a park, get some fresh air... It could be worse. Good luck.

Having bars closed?

There is a message there somewhere. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jamie, I haven't fully dressed in a year and I find it very depressing. I know this will end and I can dress and go out again. I'm so looking forward to it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Star01 View Post
    Happiness in a DADT is dependent on mobility both for shopping as I cannot shop online and take deliveries and for meeting other CD?s and seeking out ways to socialize.
    Star

There must be 50 ways to take deliveries. Some of my favorites

Get a post office box and ship it there.
    Get a box at the UPS Store (or similar).
    Send to an Amazon locker.
    Ship to a local store and pick up there

I'm DADT, and never ship anything home.

I also use eBay gift cards or Visa give cards to pay directly, or through PayPal.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Taking out my frustrations by just doing my weekly trips to the grocery stores dressed, and living comfy whenever I'm not at work.

As Star said there is a dim light at the end of the tunnel. There will be more vaccines available as we go forward including a new one from Johnson and Johnson. We desperately need to try and get to herd immunity, it will happen, I really believe it.
    Crissy

Mod warning:

Please be respectful when answering threads in this forum.

Take it easy,
    What I've learned in life is that things will always get better sooner or later.
    I'm in Germany and our bars, clubs..have been closed since March last year.

I usually go out a lot but can't do it since then.

Look forward to times when things change and we all can enjoy life to the fullest again, that's what I'm doing.
    I believe we'll enjoy that old new freedom much more than before covid hit.

I used these times to sell many dresses and skirts to get room in my closet for new but less feminine clothes.
    That gave me a benifit of over $ 1.200,- so far with purchases of about $ 400,- in the same period.
    Last edited by faltenrock; 02-09-2021 at 04:50 AM.
    My new flickr account has pictures to look at:

https://www.flickr.com/people/bmw325it/

looking at the news ( UK) do wonder -- seems the virus is mutating faster than they can make vaccines........

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    Your reply really does sum up the situation , we must learn to look for the positives rather dwell on the negatives .

Consider where our dressing /TG needs would be without the tireless work to develop and roll out the vaccine but then goes for everyone , " Stay safe now , dress later " it doesn't work so well the other way round .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-10-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Those are great suggestions but I am vehicle challenged right now. My wife takes the good car and I am stuck with the old snowbird van in the driveway. The plan was to replace it last spring but it didn?t make sense to make payments on a new vehicle while on lockdown. I know it?s crazy that I am going from an old rusted hulk to new but it was going to be my retirement gift to myself.

The old one runs fine but is super rusty and tires have developed large cracks in the sidewalks. I am going out and filling the tires and starting it every other day to keep it running. I don?t want to put $500 worth of new tires on it as I will either give it to a relative or junk it before I put anymore into it.

So, there are three issues with discrete lock boxes. A vehicle to go check them, how to explain why I am suddenly going somewhere during the lockdown but won?t tell her where and a wife that pays all the bills and may see references to female clothing outlets and ask questions.

My only recourse right now is to sit tight. When I refer to my challenging circumstances I am not fishing for solutions, just saying that I can relate to the challenges in the original post. By the way, a walk where I live would be in -10 f with a breeze driving the wind chill into the 20?s below zero range. We don?t do casual strolls up here this time of the year. I use our treadmill every day but outside walks on our trails are subject to frostbite and getting run over by snowmobiles.

Cabin fever is having an impact on the mental health of not only us crossdressers, but everyone around the world. Some would say the impact is worse than the virus impact. It is places like this site that help us talk with each other and vent our frustrations. So Vent Away. We are all listening and sympathizing with you. Hopefully over the next couple of months enough of the herd will be vaccinated and we can begin to get back to some kind of normal. Hopefully some of these public places sanitizing protocols will stay in place and keep us all healthier in the long run. Cheer up and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just hope it isn't a freight train. LOL

Once we’ve all gotten the vaccine, we should get together and have the mother of all CD parties. I’m only half kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    " Stay safe now , dress later " it doesn't work so well the other way round .
    I think this is more of a case of "stay safe now, go out to bars later." I'm certainly still dressing, Going out dressed all the time, and still staying safe.

There are still errands to run, groceries to get, etc. Even though my local taverns are still open here I wouldn't recommend hanging out in bars right now, but you can definitely still dress and go out to the shops you already needed to go to.