Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you dress how you'd like your SO to dress/in what your SO looks good in?

My wife and I have different styles for the simple reason that what looks good on her wouldn't necessarily look good on "Leslie", and vice versa.

That said, it often happens that I will come across something that I think would look great on my wife when shopping for my female attire, but, alas, it is not to be. She made it clear to me years ago that she didn't want me to buy her items of clothing anymore the way I used to for past Christmases, birthdays etc. Somewhere along the line, she got the notion into her head that whenever I was buying something for her, I must also have been buying the same thing for myself since I liked the item so much, and the thought of that was just too "creepy" for her. Not true, but when someone "believes" something so strongly, it becomes an unshakeable article of faith for them.

Her loss, not mine, however.

Back in the days when my wife was working in an office (also back when women still wore dresses, skirts and heels in those settings as opposed to today's "athleisure wear") and I was still permitted to buy such things for her, she would often tell me about all the compliments she had gotten when wearing the clothing items I had given her.

Maybe i've actually answered my own question here. Perchance the "green-eyed monster of jealousy" led us to this point eventually...

She has never been an influence in my style because of what she prefers to wear.
    Her influence comes more as a conscience, advising me what does and does not improve my appearance. "That skirt's a little too short", "You look good in orange" or "That's a neutral and goes with everything" are the comments I hear.
    My style is mine and it's evolved over time based purely on what I prefer to wear, what I feel makes me look good and the styles that make me happy to be a woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Sam's body shape is very different than mine. So what she wears is very different as well. I think there are some basics that we sort of both have. But as a nursing mom, all my clothes are for convenience and comfort now and Sam whenever he gets the urge to dress up, would rather go all out and look more glam since he barely gets a chance to dress up nowadays.

sigh... i wish I could have time to dress up without the kids now too ....

When buying clothes for my girlfriend I keep in mind her style, color preference and her wardrobe. But there is always a 10% deviation towards my preferences (short skirts, tight dresses and very high heels? 😜

Most of the time we buy our clothes together and has been for me a incredible experience and learning about style, body shapes, color matching and combinations? she has a great sense of what works for me? I just love ❤️

We usually try to get the same piece for both of us? our tastes ate clearly getting more alike?

My wife wears office attire to work which is also my type of clothes . Its too bad she wears size 6 while I am in size 10 .

My brain is somewhat broken. In some ways, I still feel like an adolescent girl, waiting to become a woman. So I dress in junior's styles and like a young high school girl would. So no, I don't dress as I'd like someone I date would.
    I think that this is because of growing up from age 7 onward, being told that I was supposed to be a girl, but god made a mistake, and that eventually he would 'fix' me, and I'd become the girl I then expected to be. Perhaps believing that female was my true gender identity through all those developmental years, it became my permanent self gender identification somehow. Even after I knew that it was wrong, and that everything else how my mind worked was stereotypically male, the underlying feelings of being female have never gone away.
    In all the years I've been online (since the ancient usenet discussion forums on alt.transgendered and the Compuserve discussion forums) I've only discussed this with a couple of males who also experienced this, so it's probably pretty rare. The psychologists that I've asked about this, had no more information about it than I did.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    No I do not base my clothing choices on my wife's style in any way. She may comment on my wardrobe, but she does not influence it in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    My style and look is very different from my wife's. I like my curvy jeans and fitted tops. She likes her activewear, loose tops, and yoga pants. I like skirts and dresses way more than she does too lol.
    My wife has never shopped wit me (for Steffi) and has never seen any of Steffi's clothes. I developed my own style without any of my wife's help. And, there's very few of her clothes that I would even bother to "steal" from the charity bag.

So, that's a big, "No".
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I tend to lean toward what my wife wore ages ago.. I have worn panties, girls jeans and short shorts since before we were together 20+ yrs ago .. I more and more over the years have gone more girly in my daily man mode clothing whilst she basically just likes pants and flats etc.. I really like the lil black dresses and hosiery and high heel calf height or knee height boots and low cut shirts for some cleavage show.. very much different than her choices for these days.. she actually bought me panties for Christmas this year, string bikinis!!! I typically like lacy thong or boyshorts for everyday use and when it's summer a pair of speedos to hold the tuck and almost got a bikini top sunburn on a day she was gone for the weekend... oops I hope one day we will be closer on this subject and I can spiff up while she's around but for now no pads or boobs and corsets under dresses around her even tho she knows I have it because I don't hide any of my stuff...