Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you dress how you'd like your SO to dress/in what your SO looks good in?

Banned Read only

Do you dress how you'd like your SO to dress/in what your SO looks good in?

I think that my style has been shaped massively by my wife, who I think always looks amazing in any clothing.

She often wears jeggings, leggings and yoga pants for casual clothing, and for more professional she wears cigarette trousers, blouses and professional dresses.

I've found that in the near seven years we've been together, I've gone from wearing more outright sexy outfits to a style more akin with her's.

Another thing I've noticed though is how often I buy something and wish I could see it on her because I think she'd look amazing in it.

I know theres a theory that you are the combination of the people you're exposed to the most, so I wonder if this is what's happening?

Is it just me?

No I do not base my clothing choices on my wife'should style in any way. She may comment on my wardrobe, but she does not influence it in any way.

Hi Charlotte. That's a no here. My style and look is very different from my wife's. I like my curvey jeans and fitted tops. She likes her activewear, loose tops, and yoga pants. I like skirts and dresses way more than she does too lol.

My wife and I are so different, I am slim and she has a more rounded figure.

The styles are different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I will have been married fifty years by the end of this year. Aside from the never ending battle of jeans/leggings v dresses on this site, when it comes to dresses I'd say our tastes are similar. My wife and I are in a DADT so she does not know of my wardrobe of 162 dresses. I know of the small number of dresses she has because they hang in the closet and are easy to see. The last time I accompanied her to buy dresses (see does not drive due to vision impairment) it was for a post operative back surgery. She bought several empire waist long summer dresses. Very pretty floral prints. She asked my opinion and I gave her a thumbs up. Now, don't throw bricks at me, but, when she was visiting her cousin out of state I did wear two of them. If she ever decides to get rid of them I will claim them. Of the other dresses they are knee length. It turns out she and I on separate occasions bought the same dress. I'd say she and I have similar tastes.

No, we both have our separate styles.

If she asks my opinion I'll give her an honest answer.

Her comment to me was to be as feminine as possible and not a "charactechure" of a woman.

Funnily enough, to an extent she adopted some of my styles. Of course, to be fair, I in turn adopted them from decades gone by.

In our younger and slimmer days, I loved getting her a dress for Christmas or a special occasion, liked the look on her, but never thought of it on me. Now days, she has put on weight to the extent that her dresses would fit me, but much shorter owing to my being about 6 inches taller. What I bought for myself wouldn't be her style, though. I saw one on a CLX rack and thought "Not for me." Imagine my surprise when she bought it for herself! (No knowledge of my noticing it before.) Still not for me.

My wife and I are mostly different in our choices of clothing, but she has heavily influenced me and long ago convinced me to dress my age, not my mind, meaning don’t dress like a young woman on the lookout for a date — dress to blend in and age appropriate. I’ve found that it works for me and I’m happier and have less stress when out and about.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

My wife and I were on vacation and when getting ready for dinner, she come out of the room in a blouse I own!
    I was speechless as I thought for sure, she was wearing my blouse as if to tell me she found my Candice clothes and know I crossdress!
    I kept my composure and she didn't mention anything....
    ...it wasn't till we got home from vacation, I saw my blouse was secure and my secret stash of clothes wasn't compromised.
    I was so freaked! ....she now owns 2 of my blouses so I am thinking she is shopping at JC Penny too!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

When I dress its lights out sexy office lady...i.e. short skirts etc. My GF is all about comfort.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

My wife has horrid taste in feminine clothing. And since I started dressing decades before I met her... and really has nothing to do with her.... pretty sure my style is more akin to that of my mother and step mother.... step sister.... neighbor girls... old girl friend... and any of the other women whom I borrowed clothing from when younger and all the women in the Sears and Pennys catalogues! Lol.

I like dresses and skirts more than my wife does. She usually wears pants. Most of the time I just wear panties and pantyhose under my male clothing I dont have any dresses.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    I often borrowed my wife's clothes at first , I liked her style more then , I gradually realised what suited me and what didn't . Nowdays my ex-wife can't be bothered with shopping .

It didn't really all come together until I had to consider going full time so I bought more items that I felt good in and were possibly more appropriate for my size and shape . Now I don't let anyone influence me , I like shopping for ME , building up a wardrobe to suit all seasons and experimenting with colours .

I don't dress like my wife, but if I had to, I would just make a small jump from the sixties to the seventies. She loves flower power and ethnic attire (but still indulges me with pantyhose once in while to avoid starving me to death and keep me frolicking happily around the place).

I dress the way my college GF did... I mean to the extent that I prefer flowing skirts/tops .... my wife used to wear skirts when younger but it’s probably been 15 years since I’ve seen her in one. We have pretty much established that we will each do what we want without regard to the others wishes or desires. That’s as much freeing as it is sad.
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

I love leggings and wear them all the time; all shapes and colors with a variety of outfits. My wife does not like what she views as confining clothing. So our tastes are very different. She is stylish but her clothing choices are diametrically different from mine.

I think the shift from “sexy” to “street” clothes is a pretty natural progression for a lot of dressers out there.

I would say I dress the way I would like to see my wife dress sometimes. Most of my preferences are in skirts and dresses, although I have a few slacks and leggings. Some of my clothes mach our age and some would be more appropriate for a younger woman. Since nearly 100% of my time is at home, style and age appropriate is not an issue. My taste in blouses is very close but I am slightly smaller, so she can't usually fit into my clothes.

My SO and I have an agreement I can wear anything I want when she is around as long as it's tasteful and is something she would wear. This limits me to women's jeans, shorts, and lounge pants. Tops include t-shirts and sweatshirts. She only recently gave me the okay on leggings, which I have yet to take her up on
    She doesn't particularly like anything that is confining, like leggings, bras, skinny jeans, etc. When she is not around the sky is the limit as to what I wear. Sure I wish my wife would dress more feminine, but I don't dress how I would like her to dress.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

To further expand on this, there is a considerable section of dressers who will relate, but I don’t think it’s really what they want THEIR wives specifically to wear. If we’re honest and knowledgeable, the things we wear likely wouldn’t be the most flattering on our spouses. I think rather it has to do with an idealization of women and the pursuit of that ideal. It’s just easy to project that to our spouses because many of us do see our SOs as our ideal woman.

For me the underlying question is always "What is the furthest from masculinity can I get?" and has little to do with women or what they wear, ideally or actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    For me the underlying question is always "What is the furthest from masculinity can I get?" and has little to do with women or what they wear, ideally or actually.
    That, too. Even if the result isn't far from what a 21st century woman could wear on a formal occasion.
    Last edited by DianeT; 02-11-2021 at 05:42 PM.

My wife and I have two different styles, that being said there is a point in the middle where our style choices are similar and we have purchased the same top, legging or dress for each of our wardrobes.
    Jill

My wife wears clothing more along the lines of what I wear in drab...20 years and I've seen her in a dress twice. However, as of late, she is starting to pick up things that is along the lined of my Femme style. So, I think maybe my crossdresssing is affecting her style now.
    The Pink Fog is thick with this one....