Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is your Covid face-mask "girly"?

is your Covid face-mask "girly"?

hello,
    Some of us are enjoying wearing Covid face coverings because it hides our lipstick.
    I was wondering how many of us are choosing feminine masks rather than bland medical type masks?
    My wife made us face masks from old dress material and we share them.
    Occasionally strangers have commented "nice mask" (the paisley patterned one seems to be most popular!) .
    Stay healthy!
    luv J

My SO and I wear the same brand of mask. Just take one from the generic pack of 10. The mask has encouraged me to wear make up and lipstick more regularly when out.
    joank
    Southern California

Most of my masks are Disney related...go figure

Another Disney related mask wearer!
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

No, not at all.
    It's function, not form and I can't wait til all this is over...if ever.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have cotton masks embroidered with birds or flowers

Platinum Member
    My wife has made masks for our entire family, friends and veterans. All her masks are made with tightly woven quilting fabric (hold up to light and no light passes through) with a layer of filtering material sandwiches in between. My personal favorite is a mask with U S Army logos. She has made masks for Marines, Army, Navy and Coast Guard. Locally, there was a shortage of Air Force logo quilting material. She has made several hundred for local veterans groups that were a special order. Also, special order for various animals; usually dogs and cats. Seasonal masks for holidays; Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Patriotic (July 4th, Flag Day, etc). Local sports teams; Mariners, Seahawks, Yankees (not local, but, hey that's where I'm from). All made and distributed for no charge to all corners of the USA. When she started mask making she consulted other mask makers for the proper construction and style; hence, the triple layer.

There was absolutely no reason not to wear a mask. As to wearing a mask when Covid is over,; consider the fact the seasonal flu hospitalizations are down 98%. Many countries is Asian wear masks during the flu season. I see that in my local area with elderly Korean immigrants who always wear masks during the flu season.

We just bought a couple 100 packs of the typical blue disposable masks. I wear one for a few days then toss it. My wife's employer supplies them with the same masks. I never felt like making a fashion statement over COVID!

At work I have to wear company masks. Otherwise, I have a couple I made out of a green bandana for going to the store and such. For Geena time I have the mask with the lips painted on. I'm personally dubious of the effectiveness of a mask, but I wear them whenever asked as a matter of decency.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think so, what do u think?

43603.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I’ve made a couple to go with my drag outfits, but I’ve got basic ones for every day wear.

Banned Read only
    Jacgues,
    Not in the least , I wear them for the intended function and remove them as soon as it's safe to do so , I've no reason to hide as i still wear full makeup , I look forward to the day when we can bin them .

I think these masks are going to be around for a long time, and I refuse to go out looking like a dental assistant, so yeah.

I've been here and there in Asia where this has been the norm for a while, and it's just another fashion accessory there.

@ Sherry, how about these? Made 'em myself!
    masksmall.jpg
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 01-30-2021 at 03:11 PM.

I've wound up with a collection of masks in various styles, colors and fabrics. I match them to my outfit. My favorites are one with a floral pattern on a black field and another with a pattern of little bicycles (it has a matching purse).

I have about a dozen pastel colored non-medical looking masks that the wife bought for us.
    Nothing ultra femme....but how feminine can you be? ...in a mask.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I like this style

Lip Mask.jpg
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

One of them is. It's this one... rbgmask.jpg
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Quote Originally Posted by MsEva View Post
    Most of my masks are Disney related...go figure
    Your “soccer mom in training” tag line is great!

My wife made masks for us. She used a flowered print for me to use when I go out dressed (at my request).

I have various coloured masks, some plain, some patterned. One of my favourites has Volkswagen Beetle cars.

Add me to the Disney related mask list. I do have some my daughter in law made that any Disney Cruisers will appreciate. If you have been you know you get a Pirates of the Caribbean bandana on Pirate Night. Having been on many of them I had a large collection. My daughter in law made some of them into masks.

Lately I have been double masking with the cloth over a surgical mask.

I have a Wedding Star face mask with a replaceable 3 layer filter insert than gives it 5 layers. The pattern is watercolor spring flowers in very feminine colors and I wear it no matter what else I am wearing. Women love it and some men think it is pretty. If any negative comments are made and there have been few I answer, "Hey, I am a botanist" followed by an eye smile. It is the truth and in part it is why I wear it. Only once did I get some flak from a stranger and they did not accept my explanation. So, I gave them a serious eye look and said, "The fact is I am a botanist, but to validate your suspicions it is also a fact that my other name is Gretchen." Or something to that effect. I gave them an eye smile and walked away. Never saw them again.

A friend's daughter mada us some very pretty masks. Unfortunately, they were too small for us. She made them kid size. I did end up buying several unisex masks that cover your face well. I double them up with a disposable surgical mask under it.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well done, Wen! Where/when do u wear them?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have several in girly patterns and other patterns. Also have one with purple sequins. I also keep disposables in the cars in case I forget to bring one. Also have provided those to others.