Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compliments!!

Compliments!!

What was your last nice compliment from anyone?
    My daughter was in the yard walking from the back yard to the front yard! I was standing on the front porch and she said, You look just like a woman standing there! Not great but I will take it!
    Who is next?
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Bank teller said " Oh your nails are nice do you do them ? I said yes thank you very much........I was in drab....
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Thanks for sharing, Lisa!
    My fingernails are the most complimented part of me! I am too shaky anymore that I can not paint them but have gone to salons over the years! Compliments from pharmacy techs, grocery check out ladies, and co-workers! They are presently lavender with silver sparkles and a half a white heart my ring fingers! when you put the two ring fingers side by side there is the heart!
    Again, thanks Lisa! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

[Wife teasingly calls me "Becky Home-Eccy" when I help with housework - which I'm doing more and more, because of her health]

Good timing on your question, Lana. Just last night my wife told he how she likes "Having Becky around" to help her around the house.
    Now, I understand that she wasn't talking about my wardrobe so much as she was about my taking on a lot of the more "domestic" chores. But Hey - I'll take it. It is the first time, really, that she has actually expressed any appreciation of my feminine tendencies.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Not so much the spoken word but the written word . My daughter gave me another photo story book of her family for Xmas , the front cover has a picture of me cuddling my granddaughter and several more pictures inside , I sat with a tear in my eye for several minutes on Xmas day just looking through the book , what greater compliment could I have than that ?
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-13-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Sara Lin that was a big compliment! How nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Teresa, yes sometimes it does not have to be verbal! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I was in Las Vegas last summer and a young woman said to me, "Oh, I love your dress! I have one just like it!" But she was trying to sell me something, so I'm not sure how sincere she was.

I was checking out at an Ulta last year when the cashier looked at me and exclaimed "OMG, your nails look amazing!" She took me by surprise and it totally made my day.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Lana, answering your question, I'd been a costco customers for around 20 years so.people know me and my wife, one of these days, the lady who checks your member card told me, wow! Girl you look so great! I ask her, do you know me? She says, yes! I know you and your wife for years, so told her, so you'd seen my transition, yeah! She answers, and you look pretty, congratulations!

That almost made me cry....

I understand your emotion but the difference that was family, better....
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most of the compliments I receive involve my breast plate. Because it looks so real even up close!

Too many of them to remember the "last one"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lana May,

Yep, I've been complemented on the colour of my nails a couple of times, metallic blue as I recall on one occasion. I've had SA's comment on things I've been wearing a few times, even been described as looking emaculate but I suppose the one that stands out happened while sitting in my car enfemme just about to make a call home.

A young lady 20'ish walked passed and glanced back, saw me, paused and started saying something but I couldn't hear partly being sat in the car windows shut and being on the phone. Anyway she began walking towards the drivers door and expecting some tirade of abuse I quickly made an excuse to hang up as she came level. Looking at me she said, "You look amazing" which was far from what I expected. The funny part was she had a young boy with her who could just about see into the car and I could see that puzzled look on his face. Leaning his head to one side he said, "Are you a man?" to which I answered truthfully yes. That seemed to satisfy him and they both went on the way. Priceless!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

The last one I can remember is “I taught people in [fashion] school who after 2 years of training and education couldn’t make anything that nice”

“I love your outfit” from someone I recognised as a local drag queen. This was last Saturday as I was enjoying the sunny but cold weather and probably the only person wearing a skirt (it never gets cold enough for me to forgo one). On top was my houndstooth wool jacket, which stands out from the sea of black puffer coats. Yes, if you want to blend just wear one of those!

A few months ago, I was walking in the park for exercise en-femme. A gentleman walking the other way stopped me the third time that we passed, He asked me if anyone had ever told me that I look like Christine Baranski, the actress. He told me that my smile reminded him of her. I was a little flustered at the time because I was not expecting to hear that. He saw that I was a bit confused, and followed up telling me that it was a compliment. I thanked him and we each continued out walks. I still smile each time that I think of that.

Cynthia, you never know! Thanks for sharing!
    Robin, I know what you mean! Most of my experiences with my nails were like I will show you mine if you show me yours! LOL Thanks for sharing!
    Devi, being told you are pretty, etc. is one of the best compliments! Thanks for sharing!
    Doc, you are always adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    Kim, that was a backhanded compliment! If nothing else, they were complimenting your good taste! Thanks for sharing!
    Helen, that is priceless! I once went to an IHop restaurant in Winston-Salem! The greeter called me Miss which made me very happy but the waitress told me I was beautiful! She read me and wanted to know if I knew of a support group for her son! I referred her here but I don't know if she ever was here! Thanks for sharing!\
    Micki, I bet that made you feel good! Thanks for sharing!
    Angela, that was a nice compliment! I guess I will never blend as I don't own a black puffer coat! LOL Thanks for sharing!
    Gracie Rose, that was a nice compliment! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Excellent topic!! I was out running errands dressed in women's jeans (with hip and butt padding), feminine sweater and ankle boots with 3 inch heel. I'm not passable but a woman at a coffee shop complemented my boots and went on and on about how cute they were. I thanked her and told her she made my day!!

A lot of times someone will complement simple things such as inexpensive earrings or necklace, or my nail polish, even a pink lace face mask. There are a lot of very kind people and a very nice way to make someone feel comfortable.

MLS, compliments can make your day that is for sure! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I get compliments on my nails all the time. My wife was a little annoyed when we went shopping and every cashier made a comment about them, asked me how often that happens. It's really dependent on the color, blues seem to get the most comments.

Banned Read only
    Lana,
    Instead of reeling off stories I feel the best compliment is when you meet someone you knew in male mode and you have to explain who you are before the penny drops .

OK if I repeat one it could be a lady I knew for many years before through my photography business , she was fairly standoffish . I decide to revisit an open air theatre performing Skakespear plays where I photographed the productions for 14 years . I met the new secretary and when the lady arrived at the top of the stairs the secretary said you know Terri , she stared for several minutes and then said , " Oh my goodness whatever has happened to you ? Gosh you look wonderful !" Then gave me a long hug , something she'd never done before when I was in male mode .

"You look way too comfortable dressed like that." from an old friend on ganging out with me in girl mode the first time.

"OMG you look gorgeous!" from a friend who is also one of my fashion icons.

"It's just hard for me to control myself when I see you pictures." from a fetish dom guy I'm attracted to.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Oh! I didn't recognise you that dress shows your figure well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Interesting read of all the comments on the subject.
    I really love hearing the interactions all the ladies with accepting wives have, in their daily interactions.
    I often wonder how that would be like with my relationship, so it is nice to hear that side of it.
    The question is, "What was your last nice compliment from anyone?"
    On a social media site, a girl named Crystal form Sydney, Australia sent me a private message..."OMG !! You look incredible!"
    I take it she saw my pictures I store on the site as it is free to do so.
    Besides all the internet guy admirers I get on my social media sites saying how pretty or beautiful I am, it is the women I meet in public that tickle me to the core.
    Last summer, I just got done shopping and the lady in front of me out the door saw I was getting into my convertible, in a matching colorful dress and she turned around and walked over to me in the parking lot. She said she just had to come over to say how pretty I looked and she was wondering if I always dress to match my cars color.
    I don't think I ever blushed so deep ever. I sheepishly smiled and said I try to! We giggled and I she seemed so happy for me, she passed me another compliment about my convertible....I should have gotten her number! But, being married, that spells trouble....but, I was bubbly all day!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Lana,
    Not so much the spoken word but the written word . My daughter gave me another photo story book of her family for Xmas , the front cover has a picture of me cuddling my granddaughter and several more pictures inside , I sat with a tear in my eye for several miuntes on Xmas day just looking through the book , what greater compliment could I have than that ?
    That’s just beautiful!

Surely a sign of complete acceptance
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Banned Read only
    Siantv,
    I owe so much to my daughter for her acceptance , to go shopping , see live shows , take my granddaughter to see a pantomime .

I remember driving back from a special riding centre for autistic people and saying to her , " You're so comfortable with me aren't you ? " She just gave me a lovely smile .

We were shopping and I found a couple of items and headed to the dressing room to try them on.
    One was so so but the other I really liked and wanted the wife's opinion. I peeked out and she wasn't there. Thinking she'd be by the entrance to the rooms I walked out looking around for her.
    As I did this older lady saw me looking and said, "Honey, don't worry, he's going to love you in that". I just smiled. She wasn't around so I returned to the room to change, but I did have an enormous smile on my face.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !