Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your in for a rude awakening

Your in for a rude awakening

Last nights dinner conversation was how I better prepare myself for a rude awakening once the lock down gets lifted. She said I got really comfortable with this, pantyhose hanging on the laundry line, women's clothes that I'm going to change into after work out in the open. My breast forms and wig are hanging out spread open in the drawer and a full slip next to the bed side to wear to bed. I better prepare myself for less dressing time and remembering the precautions of people coming to the door.She said I better get mind set that when the lock down gets lifted that she knows how much freedom I'm feeling now but prepare myself everything has to go back in hiding. Well I guess she was right, I didn't realize I guess I took advantage of a bad situation and made it a positive for my dressing. I can't believe how fast I got comfortable leaving my stuff out, hopefully maybe in the future this could be normal living minus the Covid. I guess she preparing me to get mind set if this ever ends.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 02-12-2021 at 05:38 AM.

We are in a 10 person bubble here. My family are always coming or going.My kids know I dress at home so they will call before they visit so I have time to change.I understand how nice it must be for you to be yourself at home without worry so it will be hard to go back in the closet.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    May I ask if you use to leave all your male clothes scattered everywhere ? I can understand your wife being slightly annoyed . Using the lockdown to dress more freely is one thing but it does sound like you are flaunting it under her nose . I do feel you have made it worse for yourself .

Despite living by myself and being full time I still keep my home tidy and items carefully hung up or placed in drawers .

I tend to agree with Teresa. Perhaps you are pushing the envelope a bit too hard. I don't understand why your change clothes need to be out all day for your wife to see. Perhaps you do it so while away you can bring up the image of them laying out and kind of waiting for you to come home. With a wife that is not quite on board with all this that seems to be an imposition and, if that is the case even a bit subconsciously, I don't think that is likely to keep the peace.

Reality Check
    I put my clothes away just like my wife does and like I do for my male clothes. I keep my boobs, wig and butt out of sight when not wearing them. It would not be a problem when people come to visit.

Now if you're talking about prancing around the house dressed as a female, that could be a problem, but you don't have to open the door if you're home alone and your wife can open the door if she is home while you quickly morph back into your male self.
    Krisi

I think you could call it a 'wake up call' to prevent a 'rude awakening.' Many of us would envy your relationship with your wife on the subject, so take it with a grain of salt. Raising your level of discretion now would help in the long run, IMOP.

All my clothes hang in the closet, wigs are on wig heads and my lingerie in the lingerie cabinet I built. It's not an issue when "normalcy" returns in that respect.
    What will be a shock is that I'm basically full time now and I'm sure that will change somewhat when people can once again visit unannounced. I say somewhat because we are in a rural area where neighbors aren't that close and generally don't come knocking out of the blue. Still I don't know how I'll handle things. I suppose we will have to wait and see...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

What a great life
    I know time is coming when all this is over I am enjoying my retirement since all this started. I had my eyebrows waxed very fem. for Halloween wife said they look better than her's. Now they have grown back and I been thinking of getting them waxed again because I love looking at them nice and fen. Just one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Maria,
    May I ask if you use to leave all your male clothes scattered everywhere ? I can understand your wife being slightly annoyed . Using the lockdown to dress more freely is one thing but it does sound like you are flaunting it under her nose . I do feel you have made it worse for yourself .

Despite living by myself and being full time I still keep my home tidy and items carefully hung up or placed in drawers .
    I agree with you, Teresa, but you do realize that with your comment here, you are setting yourself up to being saddled with the "Karen" monniker now...

Banned Read only
    Leslie,
    Excuse me for being a dumb blond but I'm not sure who " Karen " is .

I admit I enjoy my new home and I like to keep it tidy and neat because I did have regular visitors before the lockdown , I'm sure they wouldn't want to see clothes and underwear scattered about .

Cherly,
    It's your home so just be you , people soon get use to it .

Hey Leslie, can you explain the allusion? I don't understand it. I thought "Karens" were obnoxious white women. Also, what is the equivalent name for obnoxious white males?
    Last edited by DianeT; 02-12-2021 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added quotes

Diane,

It was meant as a tongue-in-cheek joke for Teresa's benefit since I know that she has a good, self-deprecating sense of humour.

As for the "Karen" reference...Google it.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-12-2021 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Not necessary.

POI;

"Karen is a pejorative term for women seeming to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term also refers to memes depicting white women who use their privilege to demand their own way."

Maria,

I feel it's as others have said, you've just become an untidy person. If you have a dirty job you wouldn't leave a change of clothing lying around ready for when you got home. You'd get stuff out the wardrobe or set of drawers on your return. Perhaps all it's going to take is for you to leave the place tidy to keep you wife happy.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Mod note:

Please have patience. Remember that this forum is viewed by people from all over the world.

Platinum Member
    "Pick your socks off the floor" my wife yelled! Yikes, I did it again. There are many things left in an untidy mess in our house, but clothing is not one of them. The exception may be the clothes to be worn the next morning so I do not awaken my wife as I always awake earlier than her. I have to assume visitors do not roam through your home opening closets and draws to check for ??? That reminds me of commercials showing visitors checking the medicine cabinet above the bathroom sink to see what illnesses and medications the home owner may have. I would suggest not leaving this out unattended and invest in a security locking doorknob for the bedroom.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Since my daughter moved out a year ago, I have Sherry's clothes, costumes, and theme projects out all over the house! But, unlike Teresa, I live in a huge house and a am a complete slob!

If I were u, Maria? I wouldn't worry about it if your wife doesn't? It mite bother her because if anyone sees women's things out and about? They'll think she's the messy one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know where everyone got the impression I'm a slob. I have all my clothes folded for my next day of work and all my after work clothes folded neatly but now because nobody comes over I have more fem cloths out to wear. My wife's point is she doesn't mind now that nobody comes by I've been more lose with my fem stuff and I will have to be more careful when or if things ever get back to normal. My wife hates me that I'm so neat and maticulur.

Leslie,

Since "Karen" has a negative connotation in parts of modern society, how about you not mentioning it as a joke or otherwise. My sister is named Karen and is a wonderful person. Joke or not, it can hurt innocent people. I am saying it helps to not spread it. Easy as that.

Maria,

I think that we are confused about your neatness when you say that you leave your feminine stuff out. Thanks for the clarification.

Allie
    Last edited by AllieSF; 02-12-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Banned Read only
    As Teresa or AKA Karen I'm totally confused by this thread , I think I'll leave it at that and go have a glass of wine .

Sherry ,
    I moved from a big house but still liked to have it neat and tidy or my wife did and I spent most of my time mowing lawns and pruning my shrubs .

Sounds good I'll agree with the glass of wine Teresa.

Having to put every nice thing you own into secret hiding places when you are done with it = no way to live
    Leaving your stuff strewn about like a slob when you are done with it = also no way to live.

A slip hanging near a bed is not going to bother anyone 'coming to the door' And giving a drawer up for a wig and forms sounds like exactly the right compromise, as long as the drawer isn't left open. (Unless people come to your door, and then go through your drawers.)

Pantyhose on the laundry line sounds totally fine, but keep your clothes folded and neat somewhere. I keep a separate dresser for femme clothes I wear on the weekend, and keep my male-job work clothes folded on a stacking shelf in the laundry room, (separated and laid out day-for day ahead of time.)
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Maria, to me it sounds like your wife is setting some limits that you may have crossed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Going into the office one day a week, so the transition feels jarring.

Not sure we will be back more anytime soon: fall at earliest I’d think.

Having had Covid do most of my entertaining at home.

My problem is the opposite. I cannot find the private time to dress now but will experience an awakening when things open back up. That will be an awakening but not a rude one by any means.

Hmm!

I have missed the point somewhere.

If you leave your clothes neat and tidy they are easy to find.

Only eighteen year old girls flatting together leave an array of clothing about.

I know because my four female flatmates 18 to 22 used the bathroom and shower alcove as lingerie hanging space to let it dry.

The clothes I borrowed were in their wardrobes.

My lingerie seemed in better repair than theirs as well. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.