Thread: Too Comfortable

Reality Check

Too Comfortable

Yesterday, I got up and dressed as I normally do, as a female. A pair of nice slacks, a nice blouse, jewelry and wig. I had my boobs and butt on as well. I shaved and did my beard cover but before I put on any lipstick or earrings, I had a neighborhood I wanted to check out (thinking of moving).

I put my wig, wallet, keys and such in a bag, put my coat on to cover my boobs and went out and got in the car. I drove out of the neighborhood and put on my wig.

I went to the neighborhood I wanted to check out and it was gated with a guy operating the gate. Fortunately, he just opened the gate and waved me through. Same thing when it was time to leave.

As I was driving home, I realized that I was so comfortable dressed as a woman and so intent on checking out the neighborhood that I would probably have forgotten to use a female voice if the guard had stopped me and asked my why I was entering the neighborhood.

I may need to work on this for the future.
    Krisi

Would that be defined as a minor pink fog? It's good to hear how good it made you feel. Good luck with the neighborhood shopping.

Krisi:

May we presume that you were not so comfortable that you forgot to doff your wig and cover up before you reached your own neighborhood? My current and last two houses are far enough from neighbors that I am able to come and go totally en femme, and I ❤️ it. I hope that when you find a new neighborhood that you can go 100% and the neighbors will never know.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    I found when I moved into my new home I needed to do so many jobs I soon became use to being out dressed , it really is about finding that balance you're comfortable with . Many of the things we worry about are more problems in our heads than in reality , when we stop looking over our shoulder for a reaction we stop getting them .

Krisi,

Being comfortable is a good thing. It means you're relaxed and that makes you act more naturally but less manly. Therefore people are less likely to see a male, you become more comfortable, relaxed, natural, ......

Being comfortable when out and about allowed me to focus on my mannerisms. They helped me blend, I became more comfortable and acting femme becomes ever more natural. You being relaxed helped the security guard see you, the female driving a car. Your whole vibe would have helped him make up his mind to let you in in an instant.

As for voice, I do try to soften mine but it's not going to fool anyone and again using it becomes part and parcel of being femme me when out and about, because I feel comfortable and confident.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    Yes, I took off the wig before I entered my neighborhood.

The point I was trying to make was that I was so comfortable with my wig, boobs and butt that I forgot I was dressed as a woman and would have probably spoken as a male.

BTW: The neighborhood was a dump. A gated dump, but a dump none the less. My wife is thinking we should move to a "senior" neighborhood. I hate moving.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That could never happen to me, Krisi. I dress all the way or nothing fem at all. That includes makeup! Altho like, u I remove my wig when I leave in daylite hours!

As to your voice, r u under some illusion that people think you're a female? Other wise, why would that matter?

I've personally met 100's of trans/CD's. Many that could pass quite easily. Until they opened their mouths! I can only recall a handful that attempted a female voice. And, most of those sounded fake!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I know you've met many but you've not experienced everyday life in femme mode . Krisi makes a very good point , she proves how easily it can happen when you don't overthink it . I dodn't worry at all about my voice and I really don't have any problems or reactions at all ,Helen makes the point of total confidence .

You could say I had the same thing happen on one of my Friday night drives. I wanted a coffee and pulled into a drive threw coffee shop and totally ordered in male voice and not even thinking of trying to talk like a women. When I got to the window the person was looking confused and looking if there was a car behind me that maybe he was making a mastake. Just like yourself I was totally comfortable dressed that I forgot I was dressed.
    It's amazing that they gated a dumpy community, why gate garbage, it's a good thing you checked it out before you invested and wasted time in it.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 02-12-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Being comfortable is good, but being too comfortable does let you lax back into male-ish mannerisms and habits. If I am 'too' comfortable I will begin to slump and lose my posture, and also forget things like voice.

So I always try to keep a slight 'edge of effort' in presenting, even if driving in a car, just for 'poise training' purposes and to keep from slumping.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Aspiring Member
    I think my biggest worry would be the guard who simply waves everybody through the gate. Why is he even there?

Remain concious of how you are dressed.

It's not hard.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.