Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing

Aspiring Member

Crossdressing

I have been wearing Lingerie mostly for awhile now and I am just wondering if I could stop for a year or two to focus on other things in life, I have known in the past that I wasn't interested then I get interested and started a collection that grew into a lot, but I just want to take a break with all the Girls here and explore other things, I have gotten to be a Daily Lingerie wearer now and it is quite an adventure I must say, and very addictive, so can I quit? Any positive suggestions are welcome.Thanks Girls.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

You will hear a number of voices indicating that you can't quit. I think you will keep a kernel in your mind, possibly permanently. If you have good reason to give it up for a long time, I can think of two things that may help. First, avoid this site or any other pro-crossdressing sites. They are a great encouragement and enabler, neither of which would help you if you need to give it up. Second, find alternative things to fill the vacuum left by not dressing. Beyond that, it is a matter of will power.

The critical issue is if you really need to take a break. If you are certain of your course, I wish you the best in it.

That dastardly voice comes to us all at some point saying "get rid of these things".
    Many of us listen to it only to find that soon after we hear the other voice saying "wouldn't it be nice to wear ..." and of course we agree.

After more purges than I care to admit I realized I was simply wasting time and money throwing all my pretty things away. This is me. There's nothing wrong with me or what I do. No longer will I heed that voice telling me otherwise.
    Enjoy what you enjoy. You will find there are dry times and times of flood, but there's no reason to sell the farm.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

What a great life
    Life is too short enjoy what you love under dress when you can. Pink fog can be a pain in the butt.

Why can't you do both? Is lingerie exciting and therefore distracting? Just take it off while you do the other things that you care about. You know, no problems, only solutions

As Diane says, what makes the two mutually exclusive?

I've come back from a 4 mile walk and due to the cold, -1c, wrapped to the nines in drab but wearing opaque tights and a pair of knickers underneath. Worn the same to go food shopping, visit elderly vulnerable relatives just to keep an eye on them during lockdown and in truth there's no excitement in it, it's just what I do on a daily basis like a good many here.

Perhaps if you gave examples of just what it is you feel your dressing is stopping you doing the knowledgeable crowd here could give advice and solutions?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Personally... I doubt you can quit. But I would explore other things but why not explore them as a woman? Combining your interests.. multi-tasking!

Platinum Member
    Your question seems to be asking if you can put dressing on the back burner for awhile due to no external compulsions; no harassment from a wife for example. "Focus on other things in life?" My personal experience is "yes." As a young adult I volunteered for the draft and served two years. During that time I had absolutely zero interest in donning women's clothing. My personal opinion is male hormones flooded me to prepare myself for an all male environment and the role of protector.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why would u want to quit? No one knows what u do, except us!

But, if u want to quit u don't need us to tell u to!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Quitting crossdressing is a matter of will power and nothing else. The same as quitting smoking or drinking. You can do it if you really want to.
    Krisi

I quit smoking almost 15 years ago and still crave it and my will power is still strong because I don't want to suffer or die to the hands of a cigarette. But when a craving to dress comes there's really no health issues with it and really no harm to anyone.. That's why to me I've said thousands of times I'm going to let it go, how much simpler life would be without it, but sometimes a few months maybe close to a year but here I am. This summer my wife thought something was wrong with me I didn't wear anything for almost 2 months with out even trying to stop. And now it's been 2 months that I have some form of women's clothing on every day. I never purge, I did once and lost some beautiful vintage slips that I could never find again. Unfortunately it's in our blood.

Quit or can?t quit it?s such a difficult question. Perhaps find a balance that allows you to do all the things you want to do. As others I gave purged and regretted it and gone long spells without dressing, but only when I found balance did it all come together for me.

You can go into remission, but you'll never be cured.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I stopped for close to twenty years due to having children which I loved spending time with them much more than CD-ing.
    Now that they have moved out the Dam Pink-Fog has come back.

I've been trying to find something more fun but, no luck yet!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I would consider it just like any other addiction like drinking beer, wine, or harder stuff. Or smoking cigarettes it?s all addictive and hard to quit. There are ways to quit any of them or curb them somewhat but you?ll have to be in the right frame of mind and have an alternative something to fall back on. Such as if you like to do woodworking or automotive tinkering or something similar it?s all up to you. You might not suppress it totally but maybe put it on the side burner for a bit. Just don?t purge as the
    Desire will come back. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Just ignore the lingerie wearing, it is part of you, just get interested in another hobby as well.

It's called multitasking. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    You came to the wrong place asking if you can quit.

I am in the small minority here that thinks you can stop putting on feminine clothes. Judging by comments from many men, their wives and girlfriends stop wearing sexy and feminine clothes. If women can stop wearing sexy feminine clothes, a man is certainly can. There is nothing genetic about wearing female clothes

Bruce, why quit. It's not a habit that hurts you or anyone else, like cigarettes or alcohol.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Temporarily quitting just takes getting so involved in something else to an intensity that overwhelms the dressing desires. But how long that lasts seems to be a function of more subconscious activities. In neuroscience it is said there is no such thing as a conscious decision. All decisions are made in the subconscious and the conscious mind implements those decisions with perhaps some fine tuning. The reasoning mind does not make decisions but it can make choices regarding how the decisions made elsewhere are implemented.

So if he need to engage in female-like behaviors including dressing in certain styles typical of females in our culture is generated by very deep seated subconscious neural configurations or even genetic influences, temporarily quitting is about all you can do. Permanently quitting requires a brain and genetic overhaul to be successful. Those are hard to come by, but in some cases such as Dr. John Nash and his ability to overcome schizophrenia by simply ignoring it (see the movie "A Beautiful Mind") do happen. But they are extremely rare. You really can't easily think your way out of it if it is a fundamental part of you which, to some degree or other, is the case in a vast majority of us.

So, take the break and see what happens. Try hard. If it works long term then you will know that this behavior is not a fundamental part of you and exists for other reasons. But don't be surprised if at an unexpected moment it pops back into your head and gets really cranky and demanding. It is just the neurological girl that is a part of who you fundamentally are. But always remember it is a rare person who has a neurological girl that does not have an accompanying neurological boy. Irrespective of what sex you are or your sexual orientation. It is just a matter of which of those neurological entities is at the helm of the ship. They may switch off in guiding the ship, but both are usually present.

It is easy to stop crossdressing. We have collectively done it thousands of times. Sarcasm alert!

After reading all these posts,m I wonder if I can invent gum or a patch to help crossdressers quit crossdressing. I could retire on that!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

You can stop dressing but you will always be a cross dresser , i stopped drinking 22 years ago but I am still an alcoholic ....

Give yourself permission to dress an embrace it.
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

The real question is WHY you want to quit? If the dressing is actually causing hardship and negative events in your life, then yes, you should consider stopping. This is the definition of addiction. If it’s just a sense of shame because you’ve bought into the old societal trope that it should be shameful, then you need to examine your own feelings and latent homophobia.

In what way are they mutually exclusive?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Admittedly I am politely intrigued at the tilts that you "have been wearing Lingerie mostly for a while now" and that daily lingerie wearing has become "quite an adventure". I was wondering what kind of adventure you are experiencing and how long "a while" is?

Setting aside your personal drives perhaps you could simply consider wearing lingerie, whatever it may be, as just clothing you need to wear in order to leave your house and engage the world in whatever other endeavours you wish to participate in. You decide to wear underwear so why not panties? Perhaps it's cold so you choose to wear a camisole or some tights under your trousers. Going with your personal flow can be initially exciting for sure but it eventually can give way to a regular calm sense of personal freedom.

No matter how many sci-fi stories suggest that people can see through your clothing or read your exact thoughts nobody can tell what you are wearing underneath. If lingerie excites you then I could imagine that it can be a distraction. Reframing the situation to accepting that you need to wear something and lingerie is just normal fare for you may eventually diminish the physical excitement from it but replace it with an inner satisfaction of just going about your business wearing what you want, wearing what makes you feel good much like a favourite suit, dress, pair of shoes or sweater. Maybe you're often in a fair to good mood and that wearing lingerie puts you in a better mood. Then so be it; excellent. Know this and move on. Clothing can help you be you but it need not define you no matter how much advertising you are subjected to.

It seems so normal for society to create labels and restrictions in an attempt to identify what something is so it can choose how to engage. Labels can also try to dictate what we are, how we are expected to behave and what reactions are the norm for that label. It really can be a case of saying hey, to hell with the labels, the "you'll never be different now" indoctrinations and just be. You need not describe what you are doing to yourself nor any other or abandon one facet of you for another.

I believe that if you respectfully continue seeking yourself you'll always make the best choices, Bruce.