Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you just walk straight out the door

Do you just walk straight out the door

I guess this question is aimed at anyone who isn't full time and covers pre covid and currently and live where there are neighbours in close proximity

For those who go out dressed up, do you just dress how you like and just walk out the front door, get in your car (or Uber or Bus or whatever) and go out?

Or do you feel that you want or need to avoid your neighbours (for what they might say or do) and so do things like dress up, cover up to get to your vehicle and then put everything together once you are away from home?

Or do you go to somewhere like a hotel before going out?

When I still worried about the neighbors, I'd leave the house with my wig and purse in a bag, and wearing a hoodie to hide my books a and gem top. Good enough to get from door to my vehicle without being made. My neighbors are seldom outside so that simple dodge worked fine. Now? I really don't worry about it. I will be out them all eventually, so sooner or later doesn't much matter. YMMV, of course.
    I have several friends who are not full time. Some of them will take hotel room as their base for an outing.

Well, I do my chores(precovid) feed the chickens, harvest stuff in the garden, pull weeds in garden (6000sq ft garden partially sheltered..) and mow back yard in full gem mode, not really caring what neighbors think, but now wife is working from home and not many chances to get dolled up anymore.. she knows I wear women's clothing as 25+ years together and have always worn panties and had shaved legs and long hair plus I leave my corsets in sight along with skirts and dresses, wigs,pantyhose high heel boots etc plus pre kids and teenage kid era Halloween outings as Lita Ford and a Lady hunter and Poison Ivy... but I know she likes my manly side so don't usually do it around her.. when her and the kids went to Michigan for a week I was full dressup the whole time,pink nails and makeup !! Heaven!!! Went for groceries several times😁And hit up the local Wal Mart to try on some pretty dresses and outfits along with goodwill as fem and male shopping for cute boots and cute dresses even trying them on, it was fun getting some looks with a limit on dresses etc going to changing room to try them on!!!
    I long to be confident enough to talk more to wife and be able to dressup with/around her more.. and more so the idea of her helping or us going shopping ...
    so short answer, go for it !!!

I have woods on each side of my house, and the house across the street is 100 yards away. I have no problem leaving fully dressed. Since we have an attached garage, I usually just get in the car and leave from there.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I do what ever I have to do. Usually, I get totally dressed and made up, get in my car in the garage, remove my wig and ear rings, put on big lady sun glasses and drive out. I stop after 3-4 miles and recover my previous look and drive where ever I wish. It is unlikely that someone would recognize me even from close range. I believe that it works for me.

I have a grab-n-go bag I put my heels, skirt, wig, and purse in ...when I walk to my detached garage.
    I am fully underdressed in lingerie, wear slippers and sweatpants. I wear my blouse under a hoodie or jacket, full makeup under sunglasses and a hat.
    Once in the garage I will dress from hips down and drive away. Stop at a local free parking garage or forest preserve and put on my wig, earrings, and take off the hoodie.
    In my purse, I have make up wipes and I will clean my makeup off and reverse the process before I get close to home.
    The Grab-n-go bag is the key as it isn't too big but still holds my purse and a full compliment of essentials.
    Don't forget an extra pair of nylons in case you get a run in one!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I do just go out. I’m sure the neighbors have noticed, but I don’t know them and don’t really care what they think. Ironically, my drag mother is much more apprehensive about being seen in drag by “muggles.” This is a queen who has competed in pageants and performed on some of the biggest drag stages. The difference being that I’m a city boy and he was raised in the country where people would shout and sometimes even throw things if they saw a drag queen walking around.

Of course what we do is Drag which is much more ostentatious than how most of the girls here dress so we definitely stand out more.

I live on the bottom floor of a triple family house (the third floor is just for one person). The neighbor houses on both sides are literally about 20' away. Going to the detached garage is like Mission Impossible.

My extent of 'going out' has been to get in the truck and a short 15-20 minute drive a couple times. I live rural, the nearest neighbor is over 200 yards away, but the road is only about 20 yards from the house. I am parked about 15 yards away from the door, in the open. Hence, while I am fully dressed (as much as I get) I check to see if any traffic is coming (or if the fields around the place are being worked) then walk briskly to the truck, and the same when I get home.

If wife is home, grab my go bag and change in nearby parking deck. Underdressed to begin with.

If house to myself, get in car in garage, butt first swivel legs in, and open door pull out and drive away.

Word of caution, always take a set of athletic shorts and tee with you just in case someone gets home before you unexpectedly.

I just walk out the side door. That's where my car is parked. I make no effort to avoid the neighbors.

I live in a boarding house currently and I walk right out the door. Several other tenants have seen me but none have yet to say a word about it. I use to do the hoodie thing and parking lot thing, but decided why bother? Especially after the property manager (Who knew I dressed) had jokingly commented once about tenants mentioning a woman coming and going occasionally

When I was covert I would try and avoid neighbours.

Stealth was the practice then.

Now days, "What Me Worry"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I live in an apartment building and have to walk past at least 2 units to get to my car. My one neighbour is always home (even before covid) of a night time and leaves his front door open and sits in his lounge, facing the door and I have to walk within about a metre of his door and he usually is still up when I get home.
    Although he has seen my clothes hung out on the communal clothes line and I believe I have told him what I do, I still don't feel comfortable walking past his place (I can go a different way but it is past 4 apartments and a lot longer).
    Mind you, I don't really have a lot of places that I feel comfortable doing anyway, even before Covid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I leave during daylite? I wear a jacket to hide my dress or top. A baseball cap and no wig. Put it on later. And shades to hide my make up!

When I'm in a hotel? Even tho I've been to countless T events I STILL take a deep breath just before leaving my room!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm on good terms with Chris, Mark, Dom and their wives.
    Dom and his wife have seen me and chatted while I've been dressed.

My wife is more "reputation" orientated and says "what will the neighbours think".
    For some reason, women tend to feel it's their fault we're CDers, that maybe the neighbours will think we're all gay (quite a few of my neighbours have gay children)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I go to my car without my wig and heels and when I drive away I take off my pants and jacket and put everything on usally in a parking lot. In the winter its much easier because I put on a hoodie but still have to wear pants. When it's late I will take the chance and walk back in my house dressed.

Banned Read only
    Princess,
    While you say it's not aimed at those full time , in fact I feel it does include us , Ihope yoiu accpet my reply .

I admit it's now much easier fro me now I live alone but when I moved to my new home I found ways very quickly to introduce muself to neighbours and tell them I'm TG so if they saw a blond outside my home it would be me .

It took a while few weeks to bring myself to openly garden and mow my frontage and was a little cautious of wearing something too revealing in my back garden . Now after three years they don't have a problem with me . I would say they would be more disappointed if I reverted to male mode .

I guess I reached the stage sometime ago that it's not dress up anymore , this is me fullstop !!

Lets not forget when I visit anyone now it's as Teresa so I'm not just dealing with my own neighbours anymore .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-15-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Banned Read only
    I am in a LTR and my wife does not approve, so I have never had the opportunity to dress at home or come and go as Monica. I used to travel often for work and being Monica with me. I also became very adept at changing inside my car when going out. I must admit that I tried that again recently and instead of taking my usual 20 minutes, I was shuffling inside the cramped quarters for nearly an hour. We do what we can with what we've got.

The covering up is easier in winter, I agree. I put everything on and just a hoodie over it and walk out the door. In summer, it is just too hot dressed in boring boy mode, let alone with a wig and extra layers on.

I don't know what I am worried about losing. I am single, have no friends or no social standing to lose and my family member already know about melissa
    Last edited by Princess29; 02-15-2021 at 07:18 AM.

I don't think my immediate neighbors are watching me like a hawk so I just walked to the car on the driveway. Besides , my car has dark tinted glass. No problem so far .

My wife and I worry about neighbors so I do have to do some planning ahead moving cars around. then we pull out of the garage and go about our plans. again I don't think in todays world anyone looks close at what's going on around them if its not unusual.

My wife is ok with my dressing but always cautions me about neighbors. We have an attached garage so I do dress fully, wig and all. As I back out of the driveway I always look for cars coming and going. It is relatively close to a road that not many in my development use; so when I reach that point I feel safe. I always have a change of clothes along with makeup remover. Better to be prepared.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    I've always just backed out the drive way. There's almost never anyone around anyway, and nobody knows anybody.

To further this: I've always wondered about ladies whose SO didn't approve. Do you just get dressed to the 9's (especially those of us that take a long time) while she is doing something else and walk out the door for dinner, event, party, etc.

Or do you stroll past the unapproving SO and say, "bye dear!" SLAM!! I can imagine the evil eye, the snide comments - especially the girls with sexy attire, good makeup, etc.