Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you just walk straight out the door

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I suppose this was a small concern in the beginning. Once I started going out regularly I decided if I couldn't walk out the door with my head held high this wasn't something I wanted to be doing. I've held on to that. Now it's hardly even relevant. I've been just about everywhere. Not many left to hide it from. Just my mom she never understood it. Interestingly for years when I lived upstairs I would get ready privately and walk out the front door. mom would be down the hall in the den. I just shout goodbye. LOL only two times in like five or so years that there actually was an issue and I she was blocking my exit. I think that's a pretty good record I was going out every weekend sometimes twice.

I have done most of what has been mentioned, changed in the car (yuck), stayed at a hotel, gone camping, but now I just get into the car (in an attached garage) and drive out. One time the garage door sensor became blocked and I had to get out fully enfemme and clear the sensor, I am sure the busybody neighbor saw me because her and her husband looked at me with that "smirk" for a couple of weeks. Now when my wife is at work I get fully enfemme and usually go to a park or shopping center (nobody cares at Walmart), for all of my worrying I have never been ridiculed. I have had a few lingering stares, and one "OMG that's a guy!", but in general nobody really cares, too much going on in the world.

at almost 60, I still feel the need to conceal my femme side. I usually get dressed as Kelly Anne underneath and try and pick a time to go unnoticed to my car without my wig on. Once I went out with my hip pads and boobs in and ran into an old timer's wife from the building and they have never looked at me the same since. If society was more tolerant, I would go out everyday as Kelly Anne. The dedicated bathroom is a good example - it is almost always segregated and I still can't use a woman's washroom in most places.

I have to say I much prefer to drive. It gives me time to calm myself and just in case anything happens I am home away from home.
    I have taken public transport buses and trains , I tell you it is so scary but at the same time so exciting.
    In buses and trains there is no escape. You are trapped with a bunch of people, just like taking a lift. People look at you and you look at them or a the floor. Also the well lit trains and buses exposes you more. There is also more time for people to out you.