Given that we're in a DADT relationship, I adhere to this by only dressing when my wife is out. She was going out this morning, and I had just gotten out of the shower when she was putting the last bits in the car. Coast was clear now, as there was no reason for her to come back upstairs.

I hear the door shut, the car door close, the radio come on in the car, and again, no reason for her to come back in.

I put on some lingerie and shapewear, and as I hadn't decided my outfit for the day I put on dome drab joggers and sweat top to keep myself warm.

Now, our car is electric, so I don't hear it leave or return, but I do notice that I can't hear the radio any more, so the car must have gone.

No, the front door opens, and my name is called - "Hey, I think my phone is on the bed upstairs:"

Shit. I have bras and knickers on the floor, a wig on the bed, and I have a bra (36a) that's giving me visible boob even through the loose jumper I had on. Giveaway, particularly if she comes upstairs and gives me a hug or kiss goodbye.

I look around, and yes, underneath a pillow is her phone.

Time to woman up and face the consequences. It'd be easier for her to see that i'm underdressing than it would be for her to come upstairs and find me with femme clothing and a wig all around the room.

Holding her phone out and with a stoop so as to let the jumper hang away from the bra, I pass it over and we have a normal smiley goodbye.

My heart was pumping out of my chest, I was shaking uncontrollably for 5-6 minutes afterwards, and I consider myself very lucky that she didn't return 2-3 minutes later and simply come straight up the stairs to get her phone and catch me in full clothing and wig.

We may have progressed to at least being on DADT, but I think we need to have another conversation about if I can hang clothes in the wardrobe considering they'd be on view, and if I can keep my lingerie in my drawers.