Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably my closest call yet

Banned Read only

Probably my closest call yet

Given that we're in a DADT relationship, I adhere to this by only dressing when my wife is out. She was going out this morning, and I had just gotten out of the shower when she was putting the last bits in the car. Coast was clear now, as there was no reason for her to come back upstairs.

I hear the door shut, the car door close, the radio come on in the car, and again, no reason for her to come back in.

I put on some lingerie and shapewear, and as I hadn't decided my outfit for the day I put on dome drab joggers and sweat top to keep myself warm.

Now, our car is electric, so I don't hear it leave or return, but I do notice that I can't hear the radio any more, so the car must have gone.

No, the front door opens, and my name is called - "Hey, I think my phone is on the bed upstairs:"

Shit. I have bras and knickers on the floor, a wig on the bed, and I have a bra (36a) that's giving me visible boob even through the loose jumper I had on. Giveaway, particularly if she comes upstairs and gives me a hug or kiss goodbye.

I look around, and yes, underneath a pillow is her phone.

Time to woman up and face the consequences. It'd be easier for her to see that i'm underdressing than it would be for her to come upstairs and find me with femme clothing and a wig all around the room.

Holding her phone out and with a stoop so as to let the jumper hang away from the bra, I pass it over and we have a normal smiley goodbye.

My heart was pumping out of my chest, I was shaking uncontrollably for 5-6 minutes afterwards, and I consider myself very lucky that she didn't return 2-3 minutes later and simply come straight up the stairs to get her phone and catch me in full clothing and wig.

We may have progressed to at least being on DADT, but I think we need to have another conversation about if I can hang clothes in the wardrobe considering they'd be on view, and if I can keep my lingerie in my drawers.

Charlotte,

Yep, the unexpected return has caught many out. There's a good many who have changed into drab faster than Batman sliding down his Bat pole.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 02-15-2021 at 12:41 PM.

I remember those mornings when I was working from home and my wife going to work at the office. She knew about my habit but didn't know the extent of it. I would literally look out the window and watch her leave and even though I couldn't wait a moment more with excitement I'd wait a few minutes in case she forgot something.
    One day she came home early and I was fully dressed resting on the couch, I heard the garage open and Helans comments about Batman wasn't a joke. By the time she came into the bedroom I was down to my pantyhose and that was the extend she thought I was going to. We really do live our lives with excitement don't we?

I guess we all have been there,done that and have some torn clothing to show for it.I dress freely around my wife now but it took years to come to that.My children are grown and out on their own and they pop in wheneverThey know about Michelle so it's a DADT with them and will call before they come over to give me time to .Since I dress at home everyday so it can still happen with friends but when it does my wife will go to the door while I run to change.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Banned Read only
    Roll on the days post Corona where I'm WFH two days a week and have from 7 until 12 to dress and enjoy myself!

"Woman up"
    I like that

Maybe you need to put a GPS tracking device on the car.... or a camera system on the house where you can watch her actually leave.... or wait 10 minutes longer.... I've had a lot of close calls, like the time I was fully dressed in the kitchen (wife was out of town, doughtier was at college and son was sleeping over at friends)...
    when I heard the door being unlocked and dashed down the hallway to the bedroom just as the teenage son and two of his friends come busting into the house, unexpectedly. Pretty sure I was either busted or was going to have a heart attack, or both!. Locked myself in the master bedroom bath and turned on the shower. He had forgotten something so was gone in 5 minutes.... Part of the excitement of dressing is almost getting caught!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren,

This is the reason we go out in the public . ����
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-15-2021 at 08:00 AM. Reason: no need to quote all of the previous post

Yes it is Jessica! The thrill of being out in the world enfemme is like no other!

Banned Read only
    Close call! I have never dressed at home because a) I am terrified of having her come home unexpectedly, and b) I can be a little absent minded and fear leaving some evidence out that she might come across later (makeup stains, strands of long hair, a random article of clothing). My escapades are all external. As a result, the pandemic has hit me really hard by limiting my Monica time. Not much I can do about that.

Since you have a silent car, you might want to install an inexpensive camera right outside your garage door. It can be either a Blink or a generic Amazon one, which will notify your phone of any movement. Good luck!

Charlotte, My wife knows and is supporting. I had some near misses with my ex-wife and remember the feelings of dread and fear.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I never dress fully at home unless my wife is gone for the night or I am staying in a motel by myself. When we were part owners of an inherited lake home it was only an hour from home. When I stayed there I would wait until later to dress so I was sure nobody would drop in to check their boats or anything like that. When my wife was up there I would call or text and ask something about how things were going. That little routine knock on wood has prevented any surprises and the place was bought out so now it?s dressing when she is gone to motels only.

The closest I came to a surprise was when my wife was caring for her terminally Ill mother. It was only five minutes away but she had been spending the nights. With the looming pandemic lockdown and her mother I had lost my urge to dress while she was gone. One day as her mother worsened she called to say the hospice nurse stopped and checked her mom and said it was going to be a while longer. I suddenly got the urge to dress that night. I spent the day cleaning, did a bit of shopping and decided to make dinner before I dressed. Just as I was cleaning up the kitchen my wife walked in the door and I knew right away that her mother had passed. I am in a DADT so she would not only have seen me dressed but at the worst possible time. If I had not been cautious and insisted on using every little sliver of alone time to dress without thinking things through the outcome would have not been good.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I do not think LHC should be confused DADT, Charlotte!

I lived Lie, Hide, and Cheat when my 18 y/o daughter moved in with me full time. The number of times I was almost caught was ruining dressing for me!
    So, I told her about Sherry. She disapproved but we organized a true DADT arrangement. That kept her from seeing me dressed and I could enjoy dressing without fear!

I told her when and where in the house or grounds I would dress. And, she either stayed out of those areas or left! Easy, peasy! No stress, no heart in throat moments! I suggest u discuss a similar arrangement with your SO!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A tough situation. I'm not married; so I have no advice. However, I've read a couple of times from others about a tracker put onto a wife's phone or car, and it sounded weird to me 🤨.

If I were marrying, I would want a partner with whom the consequences of me doing that to them would be worse than the consequences of me being caught dressed by them in a DADT. Not because I think I would enjoy getting kicked out of the house, but because the other qualities I would seek in them, which would make us stronger as a team versus the world, would be irreconcilable with me doing that to them .

Just thinking out loud.. 🤔.

- L.
    Last edited by Lydianne; 02-15-2021 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Clarify caught dressed *in a DADT*. Not first time.

Lydianne, are you talking about a husband tracking his wife without telling her? My wife and I use a tracker with each other but this is an agreement between us with safety in mind, and each of us can disable it whenever s.he likes.

If tracking devices were an agreed part of the DADT negotiation, then that would be fine. Credit to both of you for being agreeable to concessions to make the relationship work.

- L.

Oh, we decided to do it years before I came out, nothing to do with the dressing. I used to ride a motorcycle and figured out that the day I would land in a ditch in a desert location it would be nice to have my wife locate me. We decided to enable it for both, and agreed that we could disable it anytime if we wished so, no questions asked. Now, in the rare occasions where I dress while my wife is out of the house for an evening with friends, it allows me to make sure she finds a home with no weird stuff lying around nor unknown girl couching around when she's back. On her end she has used it in one occasion where I came home much later than expected and she was worried something happened to me. Also we tell each other when we used it, or when we know we are going to use it. Of course I don't criticize people not liking these devices, I can understand why. But apart from my dressing that I hid from her, my wife and I always shared absolutely everything, personal data, bank accounts etc., and that trust made it an absolute no-brainer to use tracking devices, it is simply a way to protect each other.
    Of course this size won't fit all.
    Last edited by DianeT; 02-15-2021 at 01:28 PM.

The emphasis on transparency and symmetry of the application of tracking in your relationship are perfect. The other posts I had read suggesting tracking mentioned neither. Applied in this way, it does not sound weird 😊.

( And thank you for steering the thread back to the OP ).

Apologies to all for the interlude 🙏.

- L.

" keep my lingaree in my drawers " ( post 1 ) .... !!!

Aspiring Member
    I always watch her car leave and drive away before I get dressed, for that very reason.

It is so easy to let eagerness get the best of you. I wait to see her car leaving out of the drive before I would even get my Geena things from their hiding place(s). By the time I had gathered my wardrobe for the occasion, time enough had passed for her to return home for that forgotten item. And then I would allow at least 1/2 hour before she was due home to change back -- even though that didn't always work.

My closest call was last March. My wife went to her regular quilting group (usually 10:00-3:00) so I laid out some clothes on a bed in the spare room and makeup in the spare bathroom. I was just finishing makeup at 11:00 when I heard the door opening. I hopped in the shower with full makeup on and managed to keep my head and face out of the water. Luckily she didn't look in the spare rooms. She had come home to pick up something she had forgotten and needed for quilting. After she left I went back to complete dressing--makeup hadn't been ruined at all. Then an hour later one of her friends called for me to bring something over to the group. Had to removed everything and put it away quickly. Not the most fun I have had dressing.

The nearly "getting caught" part sounds very familiar.

But, I want to comment on the having to hide aspect of this story. Last summer I put a few of MY dresses in MY closet. Wife was not ok with it. And I agreed very politely to put them elsewhere. But I view this concession/compromise as part of the balancing act of having an unapproving SO. It is not a dictatorship. It is give and take. Every time we give a little, they have to give a little. We don't ask for permission and they don't grant the approval. It is a grown up agreement. Don't give up your freedom to be you.
    Last edited by Julie MA; 02-16-2021 at 08:51 AM.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Platinum Member
    My wife and I are in a deep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. She has a depth perception problem and does not drive. She is a public transportation user. Pre-covid she'd always call to let me know which bus route she was on and when it would hit the stop closest to the house. Sometimes it was to ask for a ride because she bought too much 'stuff.' Other times I think it was just a "heads up." Most of the time I was no engaging my feminine interests.

For those who are terrified of such encounters set up the tracking on the cell phone. When my granddaughter misplaced her telephone my son went to the computer, pulled up the GPS to see exactly where it was. It was stationery and sitting in her school locker. Just like when the cops get you, you can track the phone's movement. Of course, your wife can pull the same thing when you said you were just going to stay at home and you really were out and about. Ah, the "Perils of Pauline!"

Frannie (#2), I had a similar experience. My wife was out of state visiting her cousin for seven days. It was 24/7 time until I got a call from my daughter-in-law. She locked all her keys in the house and could not start the car to get to work or my granddaughter to school. Please bring my spare key to her house. I had to wash of the makeup, strip off the clothes and, yes, remove nail polish to quick I thought she would see some traces. I got to the driveway and found out she called my son and he gave her to code to the garage door opener. All for naught. She already had her keys. Grrrr!
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 02-16-2021 at 10:52 AM.

If the whole house is going out I usually leave about 20 or so minutes to begin dressing. If they come back for something I usually have a shave before so nothing to worry about.