Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you first notice your legs?

When did you first notice your legs?

I was just doing some self reflection and thought about something kind of funny. I was high school aged and was headed to my summer job one day and there were a couple of girls about my age on the sidewalk across the street. They saw me as I was getting out of my parents car I was driving that day. One of the girls yells out ? hey sexy legs ? and they ran off giggling. I looked around and I am the only one there. So I remember going in to work and thinking, were they talking about me? I had on shorts and my legs were sun tanned and the hair was light from being in the sun so not that noticeable. I could not help thinking about what the girl said over and over in my head. I do recall thinking, yes other than being a bit hairy they could look like a girls legs. What is funny is that I had not thought about crossdressing at this point in my life, but apparently that is when I first realized my legs are feminine. Apparently it was funny to them and I kind of laughed it off at the time, but I remember it like yesterday because they really got my attention. Just thought I would share a funny and interesting tidbit of my life.

So when did you first notice your legs?

Sandi

It was the first time I tried on high heels and was surprised how the heels made what I thought were relatively masculine legs now look fairly feminine. And then when I had my first opportunity to shave my hairy legs I was in heaven with how feminine they looked AND felt.

When I was 7 or 8.... wearing my mother's nylon stockings while she and dad were out on the town and the sitter was busy watching TV and taking care of my brother and sister... My legs looked amazing in the mirror of her walk-in closet. wearing a girdle and bra and a pink frilly baby doll nightgown with matching frilly panties.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think when I was about 14 years old, and was sneaking pantyhose. I sat on the bed and held a sheet over the top of me, peeking over the top to see my legs in the mirror. Not long after I found that little purple dress and that convinced me. It would be years before I got the next rush from wearing heels, too.

In high school, my friend Brenda started teasing me for not having any hair on my legs when we went outside for a cigarette.
    She hiked up my skirt in front of a few freshman and I ran off embarrassed and I cussed her out ....but she got me thinking.
    So that night, I put on my favorite dress and a pair of nylons and poised in my full length mirror on the door, while listening to Beatles 45's and thinking, they do look pretty and feminine.
    So I tried my best not to bang them in the dark on the dresser or vanity leg as I was such a klutz, back then.
    I did get Brenda back for her antics as we were lovers for a while....puppy love and Donnie Osmond... *giggle*
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Platinum Member
    Not until my wife told me I had great legs. At six foot two with a 34 inch in seam my legs were long. I really did not notice my legs were hairless or had very fine light hair. No chest hair...or underarms. Genes at play. The down side is the lack of easily found hosiery.

Banned Read only
    With a 35 inch inseam, it's been hard *not* to notice my legs over the years. I took up road cycling 10 years ago, and it's developed some decent shaped legs which are normally shaved year round.

I've had a lot of comments from women about how they envy my legs - if only they knew how much I wished I had their body parts!

All I can think about here is Forrest Gump saying "Lt Dan, you got new legs!"

Banned Read only
    Sandi,
    The first time I sahved my legs and lost all the hair and then slipped on a pair of stockings .

Sometime ago I posted a thread asking what was your best attrubute ? After lazing by an open log fire and seeing the shimmer of the flames on my stockings I feel my legs are possibly my best attribute .

Quote Originally Posted by candykowal View Post
    In high school, my friend Brenda started teasing me for not having any hair on my legs when we went outside for a cigarette.
    She hiked up my skirt in front of a few freshman and I ran off embarrassed and I cussed her out ....but she got me thinking.
    So that night, I put on my favorite dress and a pair of nylons and poised in my full length mirror on the door, while listening to Beatles 45's and thinking, they do look pretty and feminine.
    So I tried my best not to bang them in the dark on the dresser or vanity leg as I was such a klutz, back then.
    I did get Brenda back for her antics as we were lovers for a while....puppy love and Donnie Osmond... *giggle*
    You wore skirts to high school?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Wow , some interesting answers, so it seems to be something people have thought about quite early in their lives. I am lucky to have nice legs. Probably one of the weirdest compliments I ever got was when I was hanging out with some young GGs at the University Club in Gainesville FL. We were comparing legs when I told them my age and one of them says ? It?s not fair?. I love it. She was complaining about how much effort she went to in order to keep her legs in shape when I was doing nothing : )

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Sandi,
    Your last comment has just reminded me of when I tried a swimsuit on in a store , when I was checking out how it looked in the fulll length mirror in the changing area , a lady stood watching , then sighed and said , " Oh I wish I had your figure !" I nearly opened my mouth to say , " I'm not what you think I am !" but instead I complimented her on her figure as she was petite and slim .

I think I was about 9.
    Mom had this pretty OBG in pink. It had laces up the back and a zipper front with 6 garters. I tried it on and then added stockings.
    Everything felt so incredible and I loved how my legs looked in the stockings.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I never really thought about my legs specifically, but had a similar experience in my twenties, I was at a baseball game, wearing some shorts that by todays standards would be considered to short for any self respecting man, remember OP?
    Anyway, I was leaning over the railing yelling something abusive at the other teams center fielder, yes I used to be "that" fan.
    I over heard some girls behind me talking about my legs and how jealous they were.
    At the time, I rode my bike in excess of 20 miles a day, back and forth to school, so I must admit, they were pretty awesome.

At 63, I still get compliments.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by donnalee View Post
    You wore skirts to high school?
    My senior year in High School I presented as a girl with the help of my psychologist, Mom, and approval by the school board.
    I was to transition when I turned 19, just before going into college.
    I wore a skirt once in a while, the Madonna look was pretty popular.
    I also filled in as a cheerleader for a girl who broke her leg, for 4 basketball games.
    I got my picture in the yearbook with my uniform, Cheerleader Candice.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Smile In my 50's when I began dressing!

U make great "legs" sound so simple, Sandi. But, they're not!

My legs themselves r shapely. But, freckled and marked up. So, I wear tites. R they're perfect now? NOT!

I have big knees! I marveled at all my girlfriends and wife. Their knees r non existent compared to mine!

Also, thighs r part of every female leg. And, I don't have any!
    So, add thigh/hip pads, rite? I do!

Final note: On a visit to the Bunny Ranch outside Vegas one of girls confessed to me she would have cosmetic surgery soon. Her face was pretty with no apparent defects. When I asked where? She pointed to the barely noticeable wrinkles on her leg just above her knees!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

One time I flew over to Japan and decided it would be fun to climb all the way up to the top of Mt Fuji. I 'noticed' my legs for about 2 weeks

edit: these days I work out my legs (and butt specifically) about 6 days a week
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 02-19-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I get lots of compliments about my legs.. have been shaving them as long as I can remember and wear short shorts or a speedo all summer so I am usually quite tan.. years ago someone said I had nice legs (a GG) and I just blushed and said thanks.. now I wonder if that conversation may have been different if rather than saying after being in the pool I dry quickly without the hair.. to what I really feel... 🤣I love the feel of my freshly shaved legs rubbing on my wife's freshly shaved legs at night...😉 That or because shaved legs look better when I have a dress on😂.. since I whacked my calf with a 24" machete a couple years ago making a BMX track with our youngest son I don't like myself in heels but have to wear high heel calf high or knee high boots now...

sandi,

Right back from when I bought my first pair of heels and saw myself dressed in the mirror I've always though than I had a fairly decent pair of pins. Then in 2019 I bought a shorter skirt, a few inches above the knee length which I'd worn while out and about but always with opaque tights and knee length flat boots. It was only last year that I tried it on at home with sheer tights and heels and it's at that point I thought, actually better than not bad deciding to post a picture;

ShortSkirt1.jpg

Thing is, I now want to test them out in public sometime but it's finding the right place and time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think that I was around 8 or 9 when I could finally start wearing those fabulous pumps that my stepmother had in the closet...never saw her and I had to wait till I could fit them! From that point, it was GAME ON and pantyhose and pumps were it for me

Interesting responses. "Bunny Ranch" Doc ? Were you one of the bunnies ? Too funny.

So yes I am kind of lucky as I never got injured and have no scars, etc. I kind of like this picture I had as my avatar a while back because it shows how my ankles are quite narrow. Most GG's I have met are quite shocked when I tell them I am in my 60's because my legs do not show it. I do have hose on in this picture but they are very sheer.

Sandi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 02-19-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by candykowal View Post
    My senior year in High School I presented as a girl with the help of my psychologist, Mom, and approval by the school board.
    I was to transition when I turned 19, just before going into college.
    I wore a skirt once in a while, the Madonna look was pretty popular.
    I also filled in as a cheerleader for a girl who broke her leg, for 4 basketball games.
    I got my picture in the yearbook with my uniform, Cheerleader Candice.
    Very cool!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I remember my ex wife used to tell me I had a great butt all the time, but I would be embarrassed by that. I only associated nice butts with women, and I was very young then and very much in denial. Fast forward about ten years and on a trip for work, I shaved my legs for the first time in my life, and put on a dress and heels. BAM! that's when I noticed my legs, smooth and toned still from my time in army, and I still had my bubble butt (although the wife was by then my ex). Suddenly the things that I was ashamed of (including my man boobs LOL) were, um, ASSets LOL.

The only time I can remember was in college. I was visiting the athletic department standing at a counter. I realized a young lady down the counter was staring at my legs. Have always wondered what was going through her mind. But it did make me consider that they might be worth looking at. With my bad self perception at the time, made me feel good. They were strong. I could kick a 59 yard field goal.

Twice for me. Once when I was a bit younger I shaved just the thighs and put in knee highs and paraded about with shorty shorts, practiced crossing my legs and everything.

Then when I got older I was given a pass to shave them entirely. I?ve always had hairier than normal legs do when they were completely shaved it was like a whole new at atmosphere for me. It opened the door to all other outfits for me and shoes! I get comments from the SO regularly about how perfect they are lol. Ironic coming from her since I think the same about hers lol.