Thread: Friendly coincidence?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Friendly coincidence?

So, earlier today I had to brush the snow off my car & shovel out my parking spot.

Was in guy-mode, but wearing a hoodie, black leggings with mesh insets, and women's snow-boots... Cute-enough outfit for the task at hand.

Anyway, as I'm taking care of all this snow stuff, I notice a guy hopping in his car which was parked in front of the other building not too far away.

Thought nothing of it, but realized he was just sitting there for a few minutes. What was he doing? No idea. I simply continue my business, as he wasn't the first person I saw out there, nor who saw me.

Finally, the car begins to move & he slowly drives by. I look up, and see him up close & personal... Decent-looking guy, maybe mid-30's?

And then: He waves!

Now, mind you, I live in a part of the country where waving to random unknown strangers isn't really a thing, per se... Including neighbors. Was he a transplant from elsewhere? Extra friendly for these parts? Just in a really good mood?

I dunno. Never seen him before. Never talked to him.

I just wave back. That's that.

Silly little thing, yes, especially for some of you. Could easily be nothing, reading way too much into it.

But if I were a betting gal...? If I hadn't been wearing those leggings? He would *not* have waved at me!

Anything like this ever happen to you, where it makes you wonder if the results would have been the same if you had been dressed differently?

I love leggings, and short shorts.. wear them all summer, lots of times with a black cami or tank top.. my hair has always been long and have had shaved legs for at least 25 years.. my neighbors and most people who know me don't even question.. well all the neighbors have seen me in tight skirts or dresses, high heels (or heeled calf height boots) and wigs anyways, and wife, kids and I have been out for Halloween with me CD'd several times... I don't venture too far from home unless I am fully dressed with makeup and I pass pretty good usually so haven't had to worry much.. I do get waves from guys and giggle inwardly thinking if they only knew.. I was asked once if I was single and I replied in my manly voice "no... that's my wife and kids there"🤣... at 54yrs Young I don't worry much about what others think😉

Quote Originally Posted by UsuallyRick View Post
    I do get waves from guys and giggle inwardly thinking if they only knew..
    Oh, I'm not even going to touch on that part of it, with me, right now. But I definitely used to get my fair share of positive attention back in my hey-day when I was all dolled-up!

Nope, I'm simply talking about wearing women's stuff, but in guy-mode (presenting as a guy). Apparently that, alone, is sufficient enough to get some attention.

And not just from random guys, but GG-strangers, as well. Like, they all start being a lot more friendly, extra nice, starting up conversations, going above & beyond, that kind of stuff... You know, things that rarely happen, at least to me, when I'm wearing all men's clothes, instead.

Kinda weird how looking a bit femmy oftentimes suddenly & mysteriously opens all these new doors, socially speaking...

Platinum Member
    "Was in guy-mode," seems somewhat strange if you're wearing a hoodie, black leggings and women's snow boots to use the qualifier "guy-mode." I don't know where you live. Around where I live if someone makes eye contact there is usually some verbal or non-verbal acknowledgment. Of course, perhaps he did identify you as a male and liked or was interested in what he saw.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Ellbee. Since I don't dress part way. It's to the 9's or nada!

Since I can't pass in a black out on a moonless nite, when guys come on to me? I'm not guessing what they want!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Happens daily..... in our neighborhood... Everyone waves to everyone around here no mater if they know you or not. Called being friendly. Pittsburgh is Mr Rogers neighborhood.... we miss him a lot!

It's a type of guy behavior women have to put up with.

No it's not all men, but some will go out of their way to get a look at you if they think you are a woman.

I experience in all the time driving girl, as I think of it. It is annoying.

Where I live it is very friendly, small town thing. So it's common to wave, smile, say hi and talk to your neighbors .

Banned Read only
    Ellbee,
    I appreciate it very much depends on the type of neighbourhood you live in , so I guess I'm lucky that people do openly wave and pass the time of day with you . The down side is when people live more in isolation they don't build any trust and you don't get a neighbourhood working together . If any of us see a strange vehicle or an odd character wandering round the message soon gets passed on , the result is we have a safer neighbourhood .

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    ...seems somewhat strange if you're wearing a hoodie, black leggings and women's snow boots to use the qualifier "guy-mode."
    Have I been using it wrong all this time?!?

To me, anyway, "guy-mode" is simply not trying to hide the fact that I'm a natal male.

And my outfit could range from wearing just one visible women's article of clothing -- or up to & including the entire ensemble.

"Girl-mode" is doing the whole thing... Wig, war paint, body shaping & enhancements, obvious femme clothing, etc. End result is wanting people to view/treat me, as best they can, as female.

I suppose the line could sometimes get a bit blurry, of course. For example, guy-mode, but mix-&-match outfit, maybe an unfilled padded sports-bra, with light- to moderate-makeup, plus maybe long-ish hair for a guy. Or, perhaps... Full makeup & wig -- with obvious guy-clothes.

I dunno... Guy-mode, I suppose, is just another word for a MIAD?

Only I don't do dresses/skirts while presenting as a guy. At least not in public.

Anyway, who knows what went on yesterday. Could be something, could be nothing. In my neck of the woods? People tend to keep to themselves, even neighbors. If I had had a prior interaction with the guy, I could see him waving. But: Perfect stranger.

As mentioned in my previous post, I only seem to get extra (hopefully positive) attention, from both men & GG's, when I'm looking a bit femmy...

I get that "All The Time" mostly in guy mode, men and women alike, they even give me the thumbs up....
    ........when I am driving my ceramic coated convertible show sports car.
    What the heck are you driving, a 2021 Z71 corvette prototype in metallic everglow pearl red?!?!?
    I am just kidding, as you may surmised, he was checking you out...get use to it wearing black leggings with mesh insets, and women's snow-boots.
    He might have the exact ensemble in his dresser!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I was getting on the train and it was the first stop so it sits there a while and it's pretty much empty. As I was getting on the train I noticed a guy about 5 cars down I don't recall if he waved but I definitely saw him notice me and as I sat down I said to myself he's coming back here to talk to me. And he did. I was dressed for a night out in the city so I imagine I was eye-catching. That's my excuse. LOL. Funny thing turns out he works in a similar field that I do and he also dresses. Small world some of the people I've run it to you never believed. Total coincidences.

Before our lockdown i was sitting outside having a coffee at a cafe and opposite a white 4x4 pulled out of the car park onto the road and hooted at me i glanced across and got a wave so I waved back, about a week later the same thing happenned at a different part of town I later asked around my friends if they know anybody who had a similar car to this one, the answer being no! so somewhere in town i have got a secret admire!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I second Karren’s comment. Everyone here waves, especially car to car. Walking in town, we all look each other in the eye and say hi. Which is why I seldom dress near home.