Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you manage your needs when there's no option to dress?

Hi Charlotte,

My wife does seasonal work and I have been in a dressing drought since Christmas and I am looking forward to her returning to working the spring. While she know I dress and says I can wear whatever when she is around, I prefer not to fully dress in front of her. I find being a part of this community helps me cope with the fog. I find things like shaving my legs, wearing polish on my toes and keeping my nails nicely manicured to be very soothing. I also work on my feminine mannerisms. If all else fails, I immerse myself in a hobby.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Basically by indulging in what may be referred to as "the elephant in the room" nudge, nudge, wink ,wink.

When I had that problem I used to find other interests to occupy my time.

Going out with girls was a wonderful cure. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have been working from home for 3 years now and was dressing every day before my wife started to work from home... She does know I have a thing for womans cloths however, She does not know the extent that I still dress and I think she would not at all like the idea... However, A girl has needs and I love dressing when I can.

So even though I love my wife working from home I cant wait till lock down ends in england and I am able to "closet dress" again... I do miss my skirts...

in regards to managing it... I dont have the feeling to dress all the time. I just enjoy it when I can! I feel comfortable dressed more so than with dressed as a boy but as I am a hairy bear of a man and to be honest dont want to change that I just wait for the moments that I am able to enjoy my sexuality of being a non conforming man/woman gender.

in my opinion you should talk to your wife and either get her acceptance to dress in front of her or in close doors with her permission ( this is what i do idress and take photos and watch them in front of her she just smiles and gives wink)
    I love to be in female attire and want to stay in it it as much time as possible.

Back when i was living in the house i grew up in(parents,brother,sister),and felt that overwhelming urge and somebody was in the house.....suffered in silence praying for everyone to go out,waiting...waiting ....waiting to get some alone time to dress up.Until then there was nothing i could do but go crazy to the point of cutting school to be alone in the house to doll up.
    Last edited by CarolynO; 03-11-2021 at 09:43 PM.

I personally find myself subtlely manoeuvring to find some alone me time so I can dress, whether it be a prolonged bout of dressing or a quick hour to at least make the urge manageable.

It's a compulsion but also a highly enjoyable experience so if I can engineering a longer period???

Lock-down is making such linger period easier to engineer for me.

Sue

Hello Charlotte,
    I always wear something feminine, even if it is just women's deodorant! Why? - because I'm worth it!
    luv J

It happened a lot in my corporate heyday can be tough sledding, this problem came when I was on the road with business to regional or larger meetings - many times for 1 or 2 weeks.
    my MO was to stay busy at the big meetings and tough it out with panties & nightie until I got home.

There was much inter room visiting because of comradery so I wanted to pack light with 1 small bag. I ws always concerned I f I took 3 nighties, 4 blouses and 5 skirts so to speak,
    I would hang some up and forget when visitors came

My advice to someone would be the same or a stash bag with wig, outfit & skimpies + easy to put on male clothes that can be easily changed & hidden if required.

Avoid volume and time consuming pieces ie - top & skirt over zipped dress hard to reach.

Underdressing all the time has helped me cope with everyone being home, but there are those moments when I get the urge to put on a dress and heels. A few times, I've been lucky to get the house to myself and I will quickly change into a dress, but it is short lived. Typically no more than 30 minutes. These lockdowns have been a blessing for some of us and disastrous for others. Hopefully you will be able to find a happy medium.

Banned Read only
    Living with family, I don't have any opportunities to dress, specially with Covid. Pre-covid I would sneak in a few hours of dressing but now I can't. When Covid hit, I had to purge my clothes and heels unfortunately. I miss my dresses and heels. Just wanted to let you know, you're not the only one.

I don't get a chance to fully dress in my current situation and that's been the case for a couple of years now, My wife retired early due to ill health so she is now home all the time and my health has suffered several major problems over the years.
    The best I can manage at the moment is to wear panties and tights under my denims when I go out, Although this feels amazing I long to be able to spend a few days fully clothed and made up.