Thread: The latest generation of CD'ers & other assorted "gender-benders"

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

The latest generation of CD'ers & other assorted "gender-benders"

Ever imagine what your life would be like, if you were a CD'er in your teens or early 20's at the moment?

The state of the current internet fuels so much in this younger community -- in both good ways & bad.

Things are definitely way different. A lot more opportunity & resources, but also a lot more pressure & confusion, IMO.

I actually don't envy these young people.

For example, recently I stumbled upon the Twitch/YouTube gamer who goes by the name F1NN5TER. If you're not familiar with him/her, definitely look up their content.

I could only find one other thread here on him/her, which gives a basic premise of all this...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...70730-F1nn5ter

Admittedly, I'm a bit obsessed at the moment, on a psychological & sociological level, as I've watched hours of YouTube clips of their Twitch streams. It is such a bizarre situation -- at least at face value. And yes, it also helps that oftentimes she's pretty darn gorgeous & convincing.

It's like, this sort of thing would never have been possible like 20+ years ago, ya know?

I could be wrong, but I'm not buying that he's "just a CD'er" who just happened to accidentally fall into all this. Apparently he first got all dolled-up with the assistance of a GG-friend back in 2017 (if not earlier, that is ) -- well before this all started on the internet.

Nope, I believe he knows that transitioning is in his future. In fact, viewers have been watching the evolution of such the entire time... Perhaps some not even realizing what's actually going on beneath the surface.

It's quite amazing, really, what I believe s/he's doing. Not only making an income, but also the funding for all her dressing things -- and eventual transition expenses.

I say this, not only from observation, but also the fact that she took a 100-question online gender test on a live-stream. Results? Basically a TS currently in denial, so to speak, while a bit scared of the cards she was dealt in life. Not an easy thing, for sure.

Anyway, that's just one example. Countless others, with all kinds of things related to this stuff.

It's definitely a different world for these younger people. I consider myself fortunate that I came of age in the era that I did, because otherwise who knows how the current environment would have influenced my life & where that would have led me...

Having seen F1nnster for a few months, I think the following: A. He is laughing all the way to the bank. His twitch subscriptions went through when he started dressing, not to mention the "pay for" challenges he has done. B. He has the unique ability to apply a little eye shadow and lashes, wig and lipstick, and look cute as all get out. C. I would take him at his word that he is having fun now and if it stops being fun, he would quit.

Banned Read only
    Finnster is the quintessential YouTuber. He's in the process of finding a niche for himself beyond just another clever kid talking nonsense. He's a cute kid, either as a guy or a girl, and he's milking that while he can. I wouldn't read too much into that. Gender expression to kids of his generation is as fluid as musical taste.

I don't know what to think about all of this.
    That foul mouth is terrible. Never mind how that person presents themselves visually, as a person, he is ill mannered.
    But I suppose not having children in my life, I am pretty far under a rock.
    Being feminine looking for me, is part of a whole package of not only dress and make-up, but of mannerisms and decorum.
    I know I am old school, call it "charm"....If you are not acting like a lady should, aren't you disrespecting all those who try to be ladylike, both male and female?
    I have never seen a crossdresser like him, so brash...UG!
    So glad I never had kids.... *giggle*
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Having come across F1NN5TER a few months back. I was curious to see what his content was like.

Crossdressing is only part of what he does from what I can tell. Making You Tube game videos seems to be his primary source of income.

I have to agree that he looks good when dressed combined with the ability to talk to a camera has made for entertainment.
    Which normally means trying to have a larger than life personality.

He, I use "he" as he claims not to be trans. Only time will tell on that issue.

He may seem a little fouled mouthed to some but I have met women who are much worse.

Also he did acknowledge living as a girl was hard so donated money to a women's refuge.

The good thing he does is tell people not to put themselves in danger if anyone watching wants to crossdress.

It has given me a better perspective on how someone of the younger generation sees crossdressing.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Ellbee,
    I share your sentiments .
    Logically it should be so much easier to express gender issues today , members in my age group possibly never even accepted we were CDers for many years through a variety of reasons . Making the same declaration today should be like falling off a log BUT we have the internet ! Very much a doubled edged sword , on one side total freedom to say exactly what you feel but on the other side total freedom of others top tell you you're talking total BS . To have a calculated opinion is one thing but to have an opinion based on illinformed and often totally vindictive thoughts is another .

Maybe one of the saddest aspects of modern life is not knowing when to switch off your laptop or smartphone , life actually does exist without them . Sometimes we have to decide our lives can't and won't be screwed up with something that isn't real , it's a sad fact some people spend hours solely intent on scewing up and destroying people's lives .

My transition is partly based on talking to members and reading their stories here on the forum but the rest was up to me to make it work in the RW and not in cyberspace .
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-24-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    I would take him at his word that he is having fun now and if it stops being fun, he would quit.
    Speaking of this younger generation...

There was some chatter & speculation that NikkieTutorials (of YouTube fame) was TS -- *years* before she finally publicly admitted it.

Only in her case? Many people legit thought she was a GG.

So, here's a wild theory: F1NN5TER might be just a bit more than a CD'er -- and may *already* be on HRT.

Definitely some very real visual & behavioral indications that this is a decent possibility, IMO.

Keep in mind, those in the public eye may have unique struggles coming out, above & beyond those who aren't.

Just sayin'...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Coincidently, ellbee, I've been told by a few FB Friends that I would do well with Sherry on UTube!

However, I don't care about the money. And, after seeing how creepy Sherry looks in videos? I'm sticking with stills!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

ever heard of Finnster until this thread Quite a convincing look very natural and kind of cute. I will assume he likes cross dressing or maybe it should be said dressing in clothing usually considered female. I'd say he passes great until he talks and even then because the look is so complete he still keeps many guessing. Bottom line, seems like she's enjoying herself and is entertaining. It all good. I'm just jealous. Thats really the way it should be and maybe will be probably long after we're all gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Platinum Member
    I have to agree with kim. I am a child of the 1950's and 1960's. Those were my formative years and years of mental anguish. No internet. No information. Fair game for discrimination and violence. And, I grew up in NYC. I may as well grew up in__________. Fill in the blank. If this kid can make it work, then rake in the dough. He's making money because people watch. I do concur s/he, as there may be some debate based on what his intentions are, is pretty. Has youthful skin. Feminine facial features. Probably could get a gig being a youthful model. As to the voice. Given voice coaching, etc, and listening to British actors losing their accents, s/he may well be a girl throwing her voice to sound like a boy. A girl pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl.

I have to admit sometimes with covid I peruse images of pretty cross dressers. There are many out there you have great facial structure. Apply hair and makeup and grab a microphone.

On the original notion, what if I were in my much younger days in this moment? Disregarding all the 'butterfly effect' ramifications, I would probably still be a self-conscious as I was at that age. But, given the independence, I may well explore the idea further, and probably not commit to facial hair. I don't live in a very progressive area, and there would still be the goal of not being found out.

First of all, basing decisions using an online test is a big mistake. They are next to worthless. At best they provide a fuzzy indication and are easily biased by the feelings of the moment. Mostly a parlor trick in terms of psychological diagnostics. Go see an expert if you want to know the truth.

As for the current world vs. the past world, the current world would be heavenly compared to the 1950's and 60's or even 70's and 80's to some extent. "We have come a long ways, Baby" comes to mind. But that does not mean it is easy. It still isn't as society is mostly tolerant but not necessarily accepting, at least not in the Western World which now includes a good bit of the rest of the world.

Actually, transitioning is not the Holy Grail. Accepting yourself as yourself is. We are all individuals and unique so having transition as the goal is really only trading membership in one group for membership in another group. Forget the groups - be yourself. You will be far happier.

Check out the cross-dressing sub on Reditt

Mostly all 20 somethings, and they are off and running sans the guilt and social stigma we had to deal with.

Ever wonder why there aren't any young people here in this forum because they are all on Reditt
    Last edited by char GG; 02-25-2021 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Sorry, it appears that the site is a place that you have to sign up to view. Against our rules.

If I were in my teens now with all the information and assistance that's available I have no doubt that I would be in the early stages of transition.
    There was nothing but stigma, shame and derision when I was a teen and I think that kept me from knowing who I truly am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If you think the grass was greener 20, 30, or 40 years ago, you REALLY need to do some research on LGBTQ history. “Social pressure” is nothing compared to the threat of arrest or institutionalization.

[QUOTE=Paula_56;4506875]Check out the cross-dressing sub on Reditt

Perhaps the url for this site should be changed to oldcrossdressers.com!
    Last edited by char GG; 02-25-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Previous post was edited

Aspiring Member
    Very funny about oldcrossdressers.com I'm sure the average age of posters here, me included, is definitely on the older side.

YES, the younger generation does have it a lot easier. Perhaps we should all take a little credit for that. Not only have we made great strides in accepting our selves, and maybe demonstrated in public that crossdressers are not to be feared. Maybe we have influenced in other ways for our children, and grandchildren to be more open minded and accepting , and maybe even given them confidence to be braver themselves. I would be very tempted to be a teenager now, with what I know, .and the world as it is today.
    A couple of months ago I was helping my grandson practice driving to get his license. a lot of time in the car together and I couldn't help notice the nail polish not completely removed. Not just the rocker black, but pink with sparkles. I am still debating how to mention that he can talk to me about anything or ask about anything, but have not figured out how to go about it. We will see what the future brings.

Banned Read only
    Margarite,
    I do agree with that comment , doing battle with the way it was has sown the seed for the next generation , I'm a couple of years older than your and had some guilt about dressing as I grew older but to counter that my life is better and I'm happier . When other people witness that we gain acceptance for not only ourselves but for others with gender issues .

I am happy with social pressures as they are now, a lot easier than in the past.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    If you think the grass was greener 20, 30, or 40 years ago, you REALLY need to do some research on LGBTQ history. ?Social pressure? is nothing compared to the threat of arrest or institutionalization.
    One could argue that today's environment is equally as dangerous -- just in very different & perhaps unexpected/unintended(?) ways.

There is always the potential for a happy medium, ya know. Perhaps something we should strive for.

I think generally we are more accepting now than we have ever been.

That's not to say that everything is perfect. A lot depends on where you live.

Some countries being different will get you killed others are more welcoming.

The younger generation are far more accepting.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I am going to go out and stand on a busy street corner.... holding a sigh... Will crossdress for money and gifts!

I watched F1NN5TER for a few hours straight and she is cute as hell but it is kind of like loosing the virtual dare or bet? Ohh look... 3000 hits and I have to dress like a girl! Kind of weird. Not saying I would not do it if I were younger.... I used to play those mind games when I was younger..... and didn?t get paid!

Might become a new job title on LinkedIn!
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-27-2021 at 07:06 AM.

I think that the more time one spends on this forum, the more the pink fog descends upon us. Over the past four years (in America, at least) the number of people who don't want to accept or even tolerate us, have come out of the closet and been very vocal about it. Lots hate us so much they want us dead, and they actively push for legislation to make our lives a living hell. In some other parts of the world, there are even laws to imprison or kill us.
    Transitioning when we will obviously just be a MTF transsexual, still isn't a great option; becoming the woman we might like to be, just isn't in the cards. And I believe that the post op folks who are still unhappy, are the result of unrealistic expectations. They aren't going to become the normal men or women that they really want to be. They will always be considered by most, to be transsexuals, not 'real' men or women. And that's still a huge problem, whether anyone wants to acknowledge it, or not.
    While in a very few isolated areas, we are welcomed, for the most part, the world doesn't want us around at all.
    There are still CD/TG/TS being killed in America (and elsewhere, I suppose; I just don't follow the news much outside of America), just for being who we are.
    Be careful out there. It may be the 21st century, but there are a whole lot of 19th century minds out there, who seem to enjoy making our lives difficult.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    Ever wonder why there aren't any young people here in this forum because they are all on Reditt
    And we're doing a pretty good job of keeping them there too.

Harry Styles wearing a dress on the cover of Vogue got zero comments here. We want to teach that how to dress 'correctly'. As though Vogue is.. I dunno.. some sort of local agricultural rag . The members of this community who do that most successfully in real life ( and more successfully than many of the rest of us ) are also spending noticeably less time here.

..And then we wonder why some members resort to using FaceApp! .

Oh, well! It is what it is .

- L.