I was thinking a lot about a previous post that referenced a young gender bending YouTuber. People that are coming of age today have the benefit of living in a society that is much more open to, or at least tolerant of, gender expression diversity. Yet, despite this, it is the waifish, pretty, slender crossdresser that receives accolades for their ability to convincingly mimic a GG. This is fascinating because, despite all the progress that has been made in accepting and celebrating gender diversity, society is still very hung up on the binary expression of gender.

I bring this up because I sometimes talk with other CDers who express frustration over their not so fem physical attributes, especially when compared to what you find on display online.

I struggled for a long time with the fact that I have very large feet, large hands, broad shoulders and a lovely and large masculine head size. In hindsight, my hangups over these features probably played a significant role in my decision not to go down the road of transitioning earlier in life. Only with age and experience did I learn to appreciate and love my body as-is. This has been liberating with an added and unexpected benefit. When you are more confident, you become more attractive. Period. People, men especially, find me attractive regardless of my manly features. This is a recurring theme now that I'm not a youngster anymore. It's fascinating and liberating.

Whiney Houston sang (yet tragically did not heed her own advice) that the greatest love of all is to love oneself. We need to love ourselves more. As is.