Thread: Sometimes I Forget

Sometimes I Forget

I often walk with my wife on weekends. This Saturday we decided to walk to get coffee, and being a weekend, I was dressed in women's shorts, a scoop top with 3/4 sleeves, bra, and B-size forms. My hair is long and my figure is reasonable, but I am tall and have wide shoulders and a host of other tells that I don't worry about when at home. After walking for about thirty minutes, we arrive at the shop and went in and ordered, but by then I had completely forgotten that my appearance did not match my natural voice! The shop is a trendy and safe place, so although I am sure the women working the counter noticed the discrepancy (voice was probably not the only clue), they didn't show any surprise. It's nice to be out and about and find acceptance. Anyone else forget who they are when out and about?

Yes been there and walked that path. My GG says swish the hips more. Voice not so successful..
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I do not think about it at all, I feel more comfortable when I just be myself and present as a woman..
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    I don't concern myself too much about my voice , if you visually look acceptable enough as female they will usually not consider the voice being wrong , that also depends on your behaviour , whether it's more feminine than masculine . I find so much of this is in our own minds , most people are too wrapped up with their own lives and just doing their job .

I'm out full time so it's not really a problem , I admit sometimes I slip and certain male traits or actions show themsleves . The other point is depending if you are alone or with someone , in your case it was your wife , how she reacts will also reflect on you , does she make it clear you are her husband or try and give the impression you are a female shopping friend ? Before the lockdown I regularly went out out with a TS friend , we are treated very much like two ladies out shopping etc..

Reality Check
    I posted not so long ago about going out in public and forgetting that I was dressed as a woman. Fortunately, I did not have to speak.

It's nice when the hair, boobs and hips feel normal and you don't notice them, but there is a risk.
    Krisi

hello Jennifer,
    it is perfectly normal to forget that you are just your normal self - it is a lot easier than having to remember to pretend to be someone else!
    luv J

Jennifer,

I only dress two days a month, but when I do I spend the entire day out and about. I am so comfortable being out that I don't think about whether I am using my feminine voice unless it suddenly occurs to me I am talking at a higher pitch than I do as a male. I decided to shop for my new van dressed and visited four dealerships before deciding on a purchase. I've since twice returned to the dealership dressed and although I needed to give them my drivers license in the purchasing process they treated me as a cis female.

I am pretty comfortable with my Candice persona and usually don't show my guy side unless I am with good/close like minded friends.
    So when we are at a hotel sports club we frequent, I lost my voice for a bitas we were laughing it up, it happens.
    I regain composure and it all good, with close friends!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Silver Member
    What you seem to have stumbled into is that your being dressed in public is, increasingly, Not A Big Deal. There's a good chance that everyone in the place could tell you were a man wearing "female" clothing, but were unconcerned. I find these days it's far more important to dress appropriately and tastefully for the situation (which you apparently were), and behave in a polite and respectful manner (which you did). I am a MIAD whenever I can manage it, which is very often, and while I know people notice me, the only comments I get are positive ones from women. BTW, I love Suzi Q's story because her experiences are identical to mine and her confidence is building massively. That could be you, too, because it's a certainty that you both look better dressed than I do.
    Last edited by suzanne; 03-02-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Jennifer, I understand fully. Being out dressed on those days when you really feel comfortable in the role is a sublime experience. I love arriving at my destination, gathering my purse and other items, and getting out and casually heading to where I?m going without any concern about being read. Doors get held, I get mam?d, people smile, and in general I get treated exceptionally well.

I?ll add that I?m no dainty flower. I?m 6?0?, 225#, broad shouldered, and 70. So long as I dress appropriately and go gentle on the makeup, I seem to get a pass. Keep going, sister.

Best regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Jennifer, that's great that you forgot and the server didn't say anything.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Is it just me or are there stores that you just really feel good in and there's ones that just don't seem right. Maybe it's just me.