Thread: Watch the baby monitor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watch the baby monitor

I just read a warning about Alexa that it will repeat things that could out you. Yesterday I found out about anther technology device that almost outted me. We watched our grandson for the first time in months, my son put a camera baby monitor combination in the room to watch the baby, I thought it was only connected to a device that was in its range, instead it's connected to a gmail account. Lucky that I have been in a little of a dressing drought because yesterday I walked in the spare room and I heard someone say hi. It was my sister in law looking in the camara joking around with me because her laptop notified her something was moving in the camara view. She said she didn't realize it was going to work like that and we changed it to my gmail account so me and my wife can control the viewings. Wow! Technology is beautiful but it's just a matter of time before it outs me, yesterday was very close.

Lucky for me I have no technology in our house. Dumb house! Lol.

Banned Read only
    I nearly made the same mistake, but have been extremely aware of our baby monitor - I have to be careful as the camera has a direct line of sight to both my drawers, my wardrobe and the mirror, so I would absolutely be seen.

We didn't get one with access beyond the monitor it came with however, so I'd never be seen dressed, but may be seen moving clothes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Lucky for me I have no technology in our house. Dumb house! Lol.
    But smart you!
    Crissy

Have fun. You can do anything you like

I installed security cameras at our home and did not put any inside for just that reason. But if I walk outside I will get recorded in certain areas though I'm the only one who gets notices so I'm able to delete those files as wife doesn't know I've dressed for years now. I asked the security company if they could see the camera images and they said yes but they never invade a homes privacy. Not sure I'd trust that they don't sometime just for curious reasons and being seen around the pool in one of my bikini's could be a dead give away so eventually technology may out us even though we are careful.
    Lacyfem

Big Brother is watching these days.
    I had a similar thing. We have the Ring doorbell and in back the security light/camera. The wife was away so I thought I'd go out on the deck and take a few risque pics totally forgetting that the camera was there and that she would get a notification of activity. She'd be able to see the video and if her friends were around....OMG.
    I realized it just in time and since I'm the administrator of the account I was able to delete all the video and shut the camera down while I did my thing.
    That could have been a moment for sure.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I remember a co-worker talking about baby monitors one day at the office. His wife and him went for a walk in their neighborhood and took the monitor with them to keep an ear on the baby.

Well, it turns out that somebody else's baby monitor was on the same frequency. As they walked along their receiver picked up the other couples monitor as they were going about "making another baby!"

The moral of the story..............

Anyone with a scanner can pick up an analog wireless baby monitor.

Silver Member
    With security cameras in homes there are a lot of things that can happen. Wearing a sweater with a shiny bra under it can show what you are wearing. New systems have 4K resolution.

I just hooked up a security system (ring), so far just outside cameras but thought about inside as well. Even with the outside And alarm system I am finding it difficult to move during the day without my family knowing what is going on. Still playing with settings and trying to figure out the best monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda E. Woodworth View Post
    I remember a co-worker talking about baby monitors one day at the office. His wife and him went for a walk in their neighborhood and took the monitor with them to keep an ear on the baby.

Well, it turns out that somebody else's baby monitor was on the same frequency. As they walked along their receiver picked up the other couples monitor as they were going about "making another baby!"

The moral of the story..............
    I used to have a dash camera in one of my previous cars and passing one house on a route I travelled often showed up a baby's crib in a nearby house. It also showed the inside of a car's dealership parts counter when I drove pass it.

Yes, I have to either disable some of the home cameras or go back and edit the history.

Funny how we are our own worse enemies with todays technologies.

Right?

Maria, I have cameras throughout my house. I'm so use to them I don't even think of them, but I'm the only one who views the video.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I am sure technology is out to get me....

That is my conspiracy theory.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.