Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will CD ever be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    But if one considers both to be CD'ing, then why such a difference between the GG's internal reactions?
    Elbee, in my experience the ones who say “ok but why” are the ones dressed “to blend” (and usually a bit dumpy - I’m prepared for the negative comments about that!) and the smiles and compliments come from the GGs who put some effort into dressing nicely. I have one life to live, the opinions of others will not make or break my way of doing this. I have come to see that being a tiny, tiny minority works in my favour: I am unique and interesting and not simply a member of some marginalised group.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Elbee, in my experience the ones who say “ok but why” are the ones dressed “to blend” (and usually a bit dumpy - I’m prepared for the negative comments about that!) .
    I'll leave the negative comments to all the women (trans and cis) whom you just labeled as "dumpy". You know, the one's who make up the majority of women who don't go to the supermarket in a dress and heels.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    Angela,
    Heck girl ! you should know better than making a comment like that . Not everyone wants to carry that excess baggage around which is what a GG friend told me . Ok I'm lucky I don't but the pandemic has laid down a few extra pounds which will have to go but hardly in the " Dumpy " league , what ever that is !

Not everyone fancies themselves in the role of activist. I am a stealth DADT crossdresser and have never even seen a crossdresser in public. I live north of a metro area past where the city ends and corn fields appear. In my 69 years I have seen one transgender person in public. We went to see a relatives band play at a downtown Minneapolis venue and there was someone in the lounge area. Where I live I have never seen any crossdressers.

Even if I was able to dress fully and go out in public I am still reserved and quiet, the last person who would ever take up any cause and risk physical harm to advocate it publicly. I think most people, especially in my age group, could relate. How are crossdressers supposed to defend themselves? Where I live it would consist of going to red neck country bars and getting my butt kicked in the parking lot. Up here parking lots are often gravel and aren?t even paved to give an idea what night life is like in the rural areas. I am not getting this call to activism, I just want to wear pretty things and chill out at home.

I said I was prepared! The point was that the majority of people are fine. It is the women who are not so attentive to their health/clothing that can get a bit prickly. Rather than take the time to look after their own lives, they feel the need to try and publicly put others down. It is not often but it is always the same type of woman. Not once have I received a disparaging comment from a man.

And dress and heels to the shops, absolutely! Although you are aware that the world still makes heels specifically designed or be worn during the day, right? We are not talking ball gowns and stilettos here. But again, ironically, here come the you are too dressed up comments. Hmmm.

Nobody is ever going to convince me that looking nice when you are out is ever a bad thing. Maybe I just have an old mindset. Maybe it was the way I was raised. Whatever it is, someone looking well turned out should not be a problem for anyone else. And if it is, maybe that person should investigate why it bothers them so much. Why are so many TG people the snake that eats itself?

I know in my heart even if the world did become more liberal over night.
    I would still be closet, just not a conversation I ever want to have.

Eddie Izzard I am not

I think clothing today has become more gender neutral a lot more people are open to the idea. California has gotten a lot better. We all hope it will happen.

I think it's very difficult to project change into the future, it's much easier to look back and see how many things have changed. Most future predictions end up being wrong.These days much is talked about electric vehicles but who on this forum drives one. Some manufacturers aim to be all electric by 2030 so who knows. There may be thousands of CDs driving EVs in 2030 & both will seem very normal. Here's hoping.

Banned Read only
    i think once transgender actors started getting roles it has made it more acceptable