Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? for those that wear leggings in public

? for those that wear leggings in public

When wearing leggings (either exercise or cute sexy type) out running errands, do you wear a top that at least partly covers the butt, or do you wear some type of cropped top that stops at or slightly above the waist? I'm about 5' 7" tall, small/medium build, and fortunate to have a nicely shaped.....peach. I never have a chance to makeover so just go the miad route, but have always preferred cute leggings (tucking for a smooth front) with a slightly fitted waist length long sleeve top and sneakers to an actual dress or skirt. It's a look that's fairly common with GG's. Add one of those slightly loose fit beanies that's in fashion at the moment, and the required facemask, and it goes a long way to concealing my identity an hour or so from home. I've noticed fewer people pay attention to me dressed in this style than just a few years ago.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    I own exactly *zero* crop-tops.

Heck, I wouldn't even wear them behind closed doors!

Reason being? I don't have the natural waist & hips for that.

It is a cute look, though -- if one can pull it off, that is.

I'll just save that for the younger & more fit GG's, thanks.

But yeah, I've been wearing leggings (as stand-alone pants) out in public while in guy-mode for over 4 years now.

Tops that partially cover the front & back? Absolute must for some modesty, in my book.

And I use double protection for that... A layering top underneath, and a hoodie over that.

I can wear this look for like 9 months of the year. Works for me!

P.S. Get your post count to at least 10, ASAP. Trust me.

I wear leggings 24/7 everywhere no one seems to notice or just doesn?t care. I act as if I?m a woman shopping or whatever I?m doing. I usually wear a blouse or v neck top of some type and a bra otherwise my nipples show badly without one. Their pronounced with or without one. Hormones have been off for over 10 years and I?m all natural their still growing and I take nothing. Guess being a crossdresser makes it better. Lol

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yes do get your post to 10 I see now too what Elibee was mentioning only 2 more post and it?ll open you up to see and respond to most every post on the forum. Ps and welcome since I didn?t notice that either. It?s 5:30am where I am and saying night as well. My eyes are fried from lack of sleep.

Leggings with a tunic top for me. I also wear patterned leggings with short dresses.

I wear leggings all weekends. I run errands and would like my rear exposed a bit but my front covered. I just purchased and wore a top from Torrid that is exactly that.... it's long in the front and short in the back.

If you have a nice backside to showoff then show it off. As a lover of legs and posteriors I hope leggings never go out of style. I am a big gurl at 6' and 300 lbs. I wear basic black leggings at home all the time and will make quick trips to stores wearing them. I usually wear a longer work out top with them or a shirt.

Banned Read only
    Holly,
    I must admit I don't own a pair , I either wear my various choices of jeans with ankle boots or a skirt with opague tights , I usually tuck my blouse in and wear a cardigan . I find I can vary my look and choice of colour more that way . For cooler weather I prefer to wear denim or cord skirts with opaque tights and long boots , I prefer the look and feel more comfortable .

Around here, lots of men wear leggings when exercising and even to stores with a pair of shorts even when it is moderately cold. No big deal. Leggings by themselves seem to be viewed as gender neutral here. But what imparts gender comes from what you wear with the leggings.

I wear my leggings almost 24/7. Not only to the gym but to the store and other places. I don't wear them when I go out to dinner in deference to my wife. I am a lifelong exerciser, running, weights, etc. And at 5ft 6 135-140 I have a petite body so they fit quite nicely. I do wear a longer shirt when I go out.

I agree, Gretchen. I wear leggings during cooler weather when i ride my bike. Top line cycling leggings can run over $100. I wear the "NoNonsense" ones from the supermarket for $12. The effect is about the same.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Unless you are high school- or college-aged, it's probably a good idea to remember the adage "leggings are not pants" and wear a top that offers some cover below the waistline. Leave a lil' somethin' to the imagination.

I wear leggings everyday at home in the winter months. I do wear tight women's skinny jeans in public which are similar to leggings

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kristi98 View Post
    I wear leggings everyday at home in the winter months. I do wear tight women's skinny jeans in public which are similar to leggings
    They are similar in that they are tight and stretchy, but they are definitely not the same. Most leggings are essentially a denser version of hose, knit on a machine. Stretchy jeans are constructed, sewn together, from pieces of cloth that is heavier than any legging material. There is a significant difference in the look and feel, and in the coverage. Love em both!

Normally a top slightly below the waist for me or tunic length if the leggings are a thinner denier. I sometimes wear a shorter sports top when exercising.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Must agree with Monica. Women in SoCal wear tites occasionally, but not often. And, NOT showing their butt, or "peach", in them unless they're ballerinas!

I wear skin tone tites nearly every time I dress. Winter or Summer. But, always wear skirts, shorts, or a dress over them. Going out in public showing your "peach" in just tites is too scandalous! Even for Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I wear Leggings a lot, mostly indoor sometimes outside in the yard as my yard is fenced and private on some occasions I wear on the streets in Guy mode, no is paying attention to me life is just too busy.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Crop top is a definite no no for me. Reason, too many surgical scars on my midriff.
    But I do wear leggings regularly.

Here in NorCal the women and young ladies war tights and leggings year round, usually with expose butts. I wear them too in different colors and patterns. Sometimes my butt is covered and sometimes it is not. I do have skinny legs, but I wear them anyway! I feel good wearing them, even if it is my own fantasy. Wear to your comfort level!

I love leggings! Have a boatload of them, floral, cammo, pink, fuscha,black... I do wear them in public as male or fem... I use them as base under my ski pants and under sweats when doing the outdoor stuff like splitting wood(don't want to ruin my leggings...) and when cold.. the top may be anything from a tee shirt to a hoodie to a ladies V-neck or a ladies exersize stretch or even men's or ladies tank tops.. they are versital..

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Agree that leggings can be attractive, as long as the tush is left to the imagination.

Working in a public place, and with my perspective as a privately cross dressing male, I notice a great many GG of all ages wearing leggings. The very modest ones wear a tunic length shirt, but most wear them like they would jeans. Not saying that they all look good in their clothing choice, but they are at ease in their style.

I love leggings. And jeggings As for tops, I don't do crop tops as I have a slight beer belly and that just wouldn't look right. I also like to wear hip pads and with the garment that holds my go-to hip pads a crop top just wouldn't work. I have a couple of tunic lengthen tops, but most of my tops go to about my "man" waist. I tend to wear leggings that are of a thicker material so no real see through material.

One note I might add is getting kind of out there on wearing leggings. I have two pair that are really different and still haven?t had any remarks or anything yet. Keeping my fingers and legs crossed.
    One are some gifted to me they are baby phat leggings and have sparkly sequins down both sides of cats with curly tails, and the other pair have slits about half way up the calf on each side that are in a wedge shape. They are both a bit more feminine than any of the others.
    Do you all think I?m pushing the envelope a bit too far wearing that type or am I just crazy? Lol maybe a bit of both. Sometimes I just want to not worry about any of it anymore snd just do what feels natural.

I wear leggings for all types of occasions. They are great for travel and super comfortable if you have to sit for long periods of time. I try to match them with tops that are long enough to partially obscure my front side. I almost always wear a thong with them to eliminate panty lines.

I wear them inside or out. If you look around at the number of Genetic women that wear them and some should not. That should not stop you from enjoying the feeling of them.