Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more comfortable around women

more comfortable around women

I feel comfortable showing my feminine side to women and not so much to men. I have female friends who know about Kristi but no male friends. My wife's sister lived with us for a few months. She saw my smooth legs and painted toenails. Almost every night I wore leggings or short shorts. Everyone was comfortable. But I would not be comfortable dressed like that in front of her brother. Anyone else feel this way too?

I'm way better around women. I have less discomfort in the malls when women are there to help. My wife likes the way I can open up to women sales associates.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Because when we're with men, we're supposed to be manly men.

Plus, GG's just "get it" -- at least on some levels.

I'm more comfortable around women in both modes.

Yes! I am more comfortable around women.. rather not even have guys look at me,probably because I am attracted to women and not in the least way attracted to men.. I long for ladies to talk to/hang out with.. as noted before when I hang out with the guys I want my guy side showing🤷🏼*♀️And to do guy things( except watch football.. I never want to watch football..)

I am generally more comfortable with women, regardless of how I’m dressed.

Although I have good guy friends, my closest friends have been women. The only two people who know about Frannie, besides my wife, are women.

Same here...been hanging out with women since I was a pre-teen.
    From sharing items in my Barbie collection, to playing dress up, going out clubbing, and joinng the local garden club, most of my friends have been women.
    Today I hang with ladies who own classic cars or women who join their husbands with their cars. I present as a husband.
    My wife has gotten into being with us too with her own show car so that helps that I am not looked down upon for not hanging with the macho guys.
    Some of these ladies are pretty amazing, some in the late 70's and cruising to weekly G2G's...we have so much fun.
    Every month we celebrate birthdays for the month and one of us will bake cup cakes or cookies to pass around.
    I feel right at home chatting with them.
    When I present as Candice out in public, away from my husband role, I have a few younger GG friends who do not know the guy me and treat me like a confidant.
    They have no problems chatting about bra preference, shower gel, even cleavage pixie dust.
    Most women I meet, presenting as Candice, don't like interacting with guys much and that is a bit curious.
    Maybe why I don't meet many married girls when going to a piano bar or tavern music venues.
    Just the nature of the social events I present at, I suppose.
    I think a lot of us who CD are more comfortable with women as we can relate on a lot of levels and visa versa....
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm more comfortable dressed around women because they r much less judgmental. Often even curious!

However, not dressed, in short order I find most women and men equally boring.

Men go on and on with their macho BS. And women? Endless chit chat and gossip!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Defiantly more comfortable around women when I’m in male mode. Only my wife has seen me in female mode.

Much happier hanging around talking to women than men

I've always been more comfortable with women. My closest friends are women, always have been.

Banned Read only
    Most women tend to be in a defensive mode around men. Whether they are prepared to face harassment, misogyny, sexual advances or plain old ignorance, they usually have their guard up. When they discover that a man (who is not their significant other) exhibits this type of gender expression, they usually loosen up and embrace this with sincerity. Not because they are into crossdressing but because it mitigates or eliminates the risk of being annoyed or threatened by a man. We do not threaten their beliefs around the societal pecking order, as we do to the traditional man. I also have found that some women are very amused by the idea that a traditional man would aspire to be a woman, with all the challenges that this brings in a male-dominated society. I enjoy being around women and men equally, although women are definitely much more accepting and open.

I am comfortable around both. My close friends are cool with my dressing. the women are more encouraging than the men of course.

My latest venture out dressed to my waxing appointment and to my Chiropractor were very fun, and they were all women. they loved the outfits and makeup job I did. Validation helps the ego!

This is a very common trait among us. In a way, it is data that perhaps validates our inner sense of self that, at least in some ways, we are very female-like (but not female). It supports the reality of who we are and shows we are fundamentally not a bunch of confused lunatics. Feelings are very real and often define your most personal selves. You are a normal gender variant person, Kristi.

At dinner parties I characteristically hang with the guys for a while. I then get bored with all the talk about sports, politics, money, and cars. Yuk! I almost always end up in the kitchen with the women helping out and having wonderful conversations. They not only accept it; they like it that a man had the balls to be girlish for awhile.

It depends on which men for me. I'm not gonna dress in front of my brother or any of my macho type friends from high school. As for women, there are some that find crossdressing wrong (to say the least) so I wouldn't make the assumption that all women are cool with it.

I'm most comfortable dressing around other CDs. Most gay men seem to be OK with it too, but maybe that's just my experience.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I still like watching my guy sports and talking hunting, fishing and cars regardless of my dressing preferences. Wouldn?t it be considered reverse sexism to only think of women as these frilly little delicate flowers? Of all the people who want to avoid type casting gender roles this is where I would expect tolerance and understanding.

I have said before, the women in my world are not little delicate helpless stereotypes. They work on motors, hunt, fish and oh yeah, they clean up well when they feel like expressing their feminine side.

It's odd for me to say who I'm more comfortable around since I'm practically a hermit. I haven't been off my property in a year except for doctor's visits and a couple of other instances. I'm not complaining. But, I've always been more comfortable around women. The other group I've always felt an affinity to is effeminate gay dudes AKA "sissies." Maybe it's because I identify with these groups on some level or, more likely, I'm so skewed the other way that I need the balance. Any thought that I have a "feminine side" is a delusion (but a fun one).

Banned Read only
    Kristi,
    On the whole it is easier being with women but then my worse critic was my wife and possibly my sister , it was easier than I expected when my son met me . I feel we make men feel more awkward for more reasons than women feel . Obviously it's a case of " not on my doorstep " with some people but everyone knows I'm totally out to thr World so whatever they think isn't going to change that . Don't forget people knowing is very different to people seeing you in reality and I don't mean just wearing leggins .

I have always been fairly comfortable in both worlds for decades. As Sarah has emerged more in my persona, I have been far more comfortable around women. My whole professional career was in education and to be successful you need to treat everyone equally and with respect. This attitude has tapped into my female side which has a lot of empathy for all. My mother was a strong influence there. Bringing up an outgoing daughter and interacting with all of her friends was also a plus in being comfortable with women as well as my female students. One more aspect is that education is basically female heavy profession and some of my best professional friends were women.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Not even close, I love being around women and chit chatting. My wife tells all of her girlfriends that I like to be with the girls and did as recently as last Friday when we had dinner with one of them.
    Crissy

Maybe it's because of the huge female presence I had growing up. I've always been more comfortable around women.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

What a great life
    My first job was washing dishes in the 60s only woman worked there I got along there never had a problem. At the young age of 15 I felt I was one of them and enjoyed it. When I got older I was pressured in getting a man's job. It was rough at first because I didn't fit in.

Just to add to my previous comment. I grew up loving the outdoors and did a lot of guy stuff from military to being involved in auto racing. My favorite nightly entertainment is to watch car restorations and engine rebuilds on YouTube. Today I get the shovel and raked out to fix some snow plow damage out by the rural mail box.

When the cars or household mechanicals make funny noises I am the designated trouble shooter. The male role is too much a part of my daily life, not that I couldn?t be more feminine and enjoy those things but it would take a wholesale change in every aspect of my life.

This brings up an interesting observation. I don?t have the freedom to dress in my daily life and I think in a way it makes the male role easier. In other words, if I was free to dress I think it might contribute to an overall shift in behavior. Granted that causes me frustration but it also forces me to remain locked into my male role.

I am now working for a nursing home part time as a van driver, taking mostly dying people to doctors appts. Sadly, some of the women working there are rude and mean to me. A few are nice. If they only knew that i am not a predator, though a life long lonely bachelor, at 66yo. I told some women in the past, that i struggled with CDing, and they were all greatly upset or disappointed and urged me to quit, and be the man i was meant to be, and that it was wrong. A few were neutral with it, but none were truly happy, except one lesbian. I am not dressing nearly as much now, for health reasons, financial, and social reasons, but the urge is usually there. I am trying to accept my male side more, and be ok with it, but i find so many women have been abused, raped, and mistreated by men, that, they cannot trust me, either. Sad world. I do not enjoy being with most men. Only a few. Same with women, only some. I am HSP highly sensitive person, far more sensitive than most women are! I know many women who seem more life men now, than many men!! Role reversals. I seem more like women than they are . At work, so many are blunt and harsh! The Asian women i have known, seem more gentle, and kind, in my experiences. I am very complex, and do not really know myself much. It all depends on the kind of personality, of the people, regardless of gender.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Star, Interesting observations. Thanks for sharing that. I have to work on my truck a lot, and could not do that in a dress , hose and heels!