Thread: The next generation

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

The next generation

No, this isn't some Star Trek thing.

I'm talking about humans who are in the younger generation...

Remember what it was like when you were young, having these odd feelings of wanting/needing to dress in some form or another?

It wasn't easy, I'm sure. In fact, it was probably scary & confusing.

And there's probably a reason for that: It wasn't considered to be "normal."

But... Suppose it *were* at least somewhat normal, being no big deal, really? And you were that kid/teenager/young adult at that time?

I suspect it may be a bit more reassuring that it's "okay" to feel that way.

And the same goes for the GG's. Suppose when you were growing up, seeing/hearing about guys CD'ing in some form or another. It may not seem so "weird," should you happen to get involved with a CD'er later in life. That it was no biggie, in & of itself, at least.

Now compare that to some of the older GG-generations of today, who may have issues with this whole dressing thing. Why? Perhaps because these GG's were "taught" throughout much of their lives that it was "abnormal."

I dunno, something to think about?

And what brought this up? Why, I never thought you'd ask!

My neighbors seeing me in obvious women's leggings around my apartment complex is nothing new to them. I've been here for a while now, as have they. I've never gotten any comments, per se... But you can just tell that some would love to say something (hopefully!) nice, or just ask a couple questions or something.

Of course, a couple of these neighbors have kids. A mother with 2 young girls (and a much younger one, either boy or girl) oftentimes tends to be out & about, playing with them or teaching them how to do laundry or whatever.

Yes, they've seen me in my leggings. The ones with bold, colorful geometric prints tend to catch their attention. Their eyes get wide, they stare, then they look at me & smile. Sometimes I smile at the mother, then smile at the girls & wave/say "Hi!" They wave back, still smiling. They all know me as the male neighbor who wears (sometimes attention-grabbing) women's leggings.

Okay, so Mommy might wear something similar to this. Daddy doesn't (at least that they're not aware? ). Yet here is a man who *is* wearing something that Mommy would, out & about in everyday life. Hmmm...

Bottom line? Kids/teenagers/young adults are all fairly impressionable. One could argue that we have the opportunity & responsibility to help show them a positive world that we never had growing up, ourselves.

I feel we do need to tread carefully with this. I see some things out there that I don't necessarily approve of, perhaps others pushing certain aspects way too far for my own comfort.

*But*... There are some things that should probably be addressed in the proper way, in helping out the next generation.

Gold Member
    I am not sure that Society will ever accept us, we can hope, but what I see in the up and coming
    generation, it is video games and Texting. But my fingers are crossed.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    See, for me? I'm not going to simply cross my fingers & merely hope.

I'd rather take a bit more of a proactive role in all this, in my own little way in my own corner of the world. It's the least I can responsibly do for the inevitable up-&-coming CD'ers & the girls who may eventually fall in love with them.

Besides, as mentioned, I feel certain others out there are pushing things too far in a wrong & potentially destructive direction. While I appreciate their good intentions, I certainly don't want to rely on just them to help mold the minds & hearts of the next generation.

Heck, while we're at it, I'm sure some out there would disagree with what *I* do. That's fine, and that's their right.

Though at the same time? I'm also fully aware of the struggles that others & myself went through when we were growing up.

Just trying to make things a bit easier for the younger ones, is all.

Banned Read only
    OK, I get your point. There is the issue of NIMBY (Not in my back yard). I have to look at a cross dressing husband from the wife's point of view. Maybe, it can be an issue of gradation. You wear flashy leggings. Maybe, that attire in itself is not big deal. The guy likes to wear them. Shrug shoulders and soldier on. But, what about the guy (me) who prefers head to toe; wig, bra with enhancements, panty, slip, dress, hosiery, heels and makeup? If everyone is on the level on the forum there are some wives who probably do sit around at night with their husbands all decked out to the nines. They even do the road show out of the house. Is it going to come about? There is more to this than just the clothes. It's not a Halloween prank. It's serious stuff. Does the wife really want to be married to a sister? If it was all laid out on the table before marriage, then there was full disclosure. Of course, one is free to get tired of it all. Does she tell him to reel it in a little. Too over the top. There is always some niche marketing. There are going to be some women who only want a cross dressing husband. But, for the majority it is going to be NIMBY.

Yes, it would have been great to grow up in the 1960's with everyone loving everyone. Then, the only issue would have been to find a woman who liked a cross dressing husband. At least an occasional one.

Banned Read only
    Ellbee,
    Maybe you're trying to define us all the same way , the problem for many could have been a more sexual content at one time , so it was something to be done in private some might say then and now it might be deviant and not not normal .

I'm also aware you are talking from a NB perspective and as such is subject to more attention , questioning why a guy would want to dress that way , again it's something that would have been asked in the past as it is asked today , in that respect age is possibly irrelevant .

I've found that when going fulltime normallity finally happens , not getting any adverse reaction , being accepted as female without any problems , I could recall stories form most days of the week to support this statement . Just today for instance I had to pick up a click and collect item for my ex-wife , popped to the supermarket , called in ata garden centre to choose something for Mother's Day and finally to drop in to have a cup of tea and chat with my mother for a couple of hours . Because it was warm , I had s pink patterned blouse on a knee length skirt , long line cardigan and heeled wedges , I realised after that was the first time my mum had seen me in a skirt and heels .

Obvioulsy my comments are made from a TG perspective who personally is comfortable with social transition .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-09-2021 at 07:54 PM.