Thread: "Dr. Boobs" and Breast Augmentation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Dr. Boobs" and Breast Augmentation

Several of the women who came through this site with me during the early times of our transitions together all reported somewhat humorous anecdotes of a local "Dr. Boobs" in their metropolitan areas, well-known and highly respected, from whom they were seeking their breast augmentations from.

Among the myriad of details that we must deal with during this period, perhaps not scrupulously enough considered is the matter of final resulting breast size and the range of clothing you will therefore be able to choose from . Surely, we all seek the ability to pass by a mirror, and other people, with the satisfaction that we finally look "right," and, too, dwell on saline versus silicone, profile prominence, and overall shape and so forth, but it seems that the local Dr. Boobs can be quite insistent on promoting the fullest bust size feasible, rather than more modest, less prominent augmentations. I suspect this bias may be due to the goals commonly expressed by the good doctors' cis-gendered clients, presumably much more numerous, rather than the more pragmatic goals of trans women.

I personally questioned my doctor carefully, and was very insistent on a "C cup" result, and to the extent possible, shopped catalogs of popular manufacturers and cubic centimeters volume, millimeters of profile, etc., trying to make sense of it all. But in the end, beyond my desire for a "C," left the final selection up to Dr. Boobs.

As in the case of many of my cohort, I ended up with "D," and in the early months of swelling, larger than that. "Oh well," you might think, "better larger than too small," but no, it's quite possible it's not better.

Think of the size of clothes you want to wear as much or more than the size of breasts you think you'd like to have. I personally had to slim down from a pre-op 185 pounds to now, 155 pounds, to comfortably fit most XL dresses and tops (and some "L," too) and I have passed up and returned dozens of nice looking garments, including bathing suits, because of the size of my implants. I am not talking simple vanity, but serious psychological remorse when facing yourself and the decisions you let Dr. Boobs make.

If I could redo my BA I would spend a great deal more time honestly assessing my existing and final weight, the feasibility of achieving my goals and when (or if) that would be achieved, and the actual resulting band and bust size (after fully healing, of course) and how it relates to the clothes on the rack that I envision wearing.

Take care, bigger is not necessarily better.

All the best, Ann
    Last edited by Ann Louise; 03-11-2021 at 10:22 PM.
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻