Thread: What I learned from mom

What I learned from mom

What I learned from my mom has been valuable to me.Growing up being the oldest of 3 brothers,she witnessed what I went through and learned about me.One thing that gave it out was I acted feminine at times and this is one thing she witnessed it.I didn't like what my two younger brothers.I also always had feminine legs too.Then at age 7,it came right out and it was at an aunt's house.I saw this sleeveless dark blue dress on the floor on the floor and loved it.Decided to go in the bathroom and put it on.My mom and aunt could not find me and watched me walk out of the bathroom wearing this dress.Both knew I was no typical masculine boy right away and liked wearing girl's clothing.Mom even witnessed the abuse my dad put me through.Watched him call me a sissy boy and said I was going to end up gay.Smacked the crap out of me too for being me.She taught me well to stick up for myself too.I was finally 12 years old she witnessed me stand up to my dad telling him this is me and he could not change me.She was proud of me for that and did the final part,boot his butt out of the house for good.As I got older she saw me become much happier being part time as Cassie.She has always wanted me to live a great happy life.Age 26,I looked at her and told her I am going fulltime as Cassie at age 27.Knew it was coming and a much more happier daughter was coming out.Also saw I liked the femme wardrobe more.I remember her seeing me as Cassie fulltime for the first time,said she has a daughter finally.Said I will always be her baby and never let her down.It has been so great and we are close still and this song by Sara Evans reminds of my mom, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vIzbK29Etw

Hey Cassie,
    Is your mom still around? It is nice to know one parent at east sticks up for you and accepts you. Glad to hear your story!
    We are all beautiful...!

Yes a great story I?m glad you had a mother that saw you for the real you. How does your aunt take it. I hope she?s the similar mindset your mom has had at least so you can have someone else in your family that understands you. Good luck and be yourself. Stay happy.

Good story, Cassie. I remember when I was around 20 or so there was a family across the road with a little boy about five years old named Richard. I remarked to his mother once that Richard didn't seem as... I forget what words I used, but Richard was nowhere near as "tough" as his slightly older brother. More delicate, more sensitive. His mother was a nice, friendly woman with red hair. She had an unusual name: "Pirosca." People called her "Pirie." Anyway she said very kindly, "yes, Richard isn't a 'boyish' boy like some." She was very protective of him. Definitely a good mother.

Oddly enough, he wasn't the only "feminine" Richard I've known. The other one was unmistakably transsexual. I've no idea how this little boy ended up, though fortunately he had every chance of being well adjusted. He might have been just "delicate." But then they were a nice family altogether, Pirie and her husband and their three kids--a sister as well, with red hair like her mother.

Fathers know it's a tough world, and most of them want their sons to be "a chip off the old block" who are tough enough to survive and prosper. I remember a couple of disparaging comments from my own father that were probably prompted by my "feminine" side. But literally only two; nothing to complain about. I was lucky; he was a good guy. I'm sorry your own father was such an abusive jerk. I imagine his abuse of you was not the only reason your mother kicked him out. In fact your mother did a father's job as well by teaching you to stand up for yourself. Good for her!

This aunt of mine also sees me much happier too.Mom is still alive

What a great story and with such a good "ending." Of course it is not really THE ending but the point where the conflicts were resolved. Your mom is (was?) a wonderful person who loves you unconditionally. She started with a son and ended up with a daughter. And your story reveals a great deal about how this behavior is certainly not some fantasy generated by a brain that lacks maturity. Cassie, it is a very real phenomenon and you are one of the faces on the "Transgender is Real" poster.

Cassie, you have a wonderful Mom. Love her while you have her.
    I have wondered what my mom would have said and done if I had been open with my identity. She knew some things, but never said a word. Of course, even I did not understand what it was about or that it would blossom much later in life. I was fortunate to have a mom that loved me unconditionally. The only time she got really mad was when I bought a motorcycle. She threw a fit and made me get it away from the house. But I know she went to her grave knowing things about me that she never told anyone. We were fortunate to have been born to such understanding women.

Mom knew I would be completely happy as Cassie fulltime later in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Ann Westlake View Post
    Good story, Cassie. I remember when I was around 20 or so there was a family across the road with a little boy about five years old named Richard. I remarked to his mother once that Richard didn't seem as... I forget what words I used, but Richard was nowhere near as "tough" as his slightly older brother. More delicate, more sensitive. His mother was a nice, friendly woman with red hair. She had an unusual name: "Pirosca." People called her "Pirie." Anyway she said very kindly, "yes, Richard isn't a 'boyish' boy like some." She was very protective of him. Definitely a good mother.

Oddly enough, he wasn't the only "feminine" Richard I've known. The other one was unmistakably transsexual. I've no idea how this little boy ended up, though fortunately he had every chance of being well adjusted. He might have been just "delicate." But then they were a nice family altogether, Pirie and her husband and their three kids--a sister as well, with red hair like her mother.

Fathers know it's a tough world, and most of them want their sons to be "a chip off the old block" who are tough enough to survive and prosper. I remember a couple of disparaging comments from my own father that were probably prompted by my "feminine" side. But literally only two; nothing to complain about. I was lucky; he was a good guy. I'm sorry your own father was such an abusive jerk. I imagine his abuse of you was not the only reason your mother kicked him out. In fact your mother did a father's job as well by teaching you to stand up for yourself. Good for her!
    lol I'm a Richard too, had three sisters growing up and faced the same issue(?) I liked hanging out with the girls and wasn't as masculine as other guys.. and here I am!! Funny part is I have two beautiful daughters (and two
    Beautiful sons) the first girl we named Cassie and our youngest likes to call himself Vanessa... we brought them all up to think for themselves and not care about what others see as the norm.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Love your story! Glad you are happy and here! We named our first daughter Cassie (for short her real name is Cassandra Elizabeth with a 8 letter last name ugh lol)

She even supported me when I had my breast augmentation at age 28 helping me through my recovery.Sees I still love them to this day

See, dreams can come true.

Here's to a good future for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.