Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting week for me

Interesting week for me

Hi everyone

So after recently complaining about not getting to dress up in a long time, I had a sudden change of fate. I had to go to south Florida for work and since I decided to drive, I filled my entire trunk with all my girly things.

The first evening I went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and afterwards I was looking through their tops in the store area and found a really cute one. So at checkout I figured I might just say I was getting it for my wife. The young black gentleman at the checkout took the top out of my hand and l looked down and he had huge false nails. Haha. I did not say anything but good thing I had my mask on because I was smiling like crazy. Too funny- just had to mention that.

So the next day I tried on my new top which is clingy with a flare at the hips, and I put on a short black skirt and went to the lobby. The lady at the counter liked it a lot. Later I wore it at breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then at lunch I walked a ways to a Burger King. The young girl at the counter said I looked nice. What is weird about all this is that I was only female in attire from neck down. I did not have time to fool with makeup. It was kind is stressful going out as MIAD but still fun.

Then last night I fell asleep way too early and woke up wide awake at like 9 PM. So I went to trying on things. Finally I went down to the lobby late , about 11 PM and showed the lady working the hotel desk my new attire. She liked that outfit so much, I went back down numerous times until 1 AM doing a mini fashion show which was a lot of fun. Her favorite was a cute dress I got from Venus recently but have not had a chance to wear anywhere yet. It was fun.

If things go well, I may try to make a fully dressed trip to Hamburger Marie?s in Clearwater.

Thanks for listening, finally a fun week for me.

Sandi
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 03-18-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Way to go... Sounds like some well needed time.

I've got no fem voice, so even if I was to get away I'd be afraid to go to anyplace you have to speak....

Sounds like a great time, I am only about 30 minutes north of Hamburger Mary's
    Would be fun to go sometime.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Well funny thing is I have gotten comfortable going to LGBT bars and clubs but I am usually fully dolled up with false eyelashes etc. the works. More recently I guess I have pushed the envelope for me to also try the MIAD thing but not so much like our famous Mark B, I pretty much just try neck down as female, and it is not in a subtle way. I wear short skirts or very short shorts. I like to get noticed whether appropriate for the venue or not - crazy me.

Sandi

Photos please.

And I'm with you on the skirts. I like to wear short skirts, mini dresses, body con dresses, even when MIAD. COVID masks help with that over the last year.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

MIAD?
    Sorry, still learning the nomenclature

Kimberly, Man-In-A-Dress!
    I am 24/7/365 and dress as a lady! Midi skirts and nice tops are my favorite!
    I did however make the mistake of forgetting my wig one day! I forged a head and went in the grocery store without it! No looks or comments! I felt strange though! Never again and that is my choice! You do you!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Oh right Kimberly, I would not have known what MIAD meant a year ago myself. Personally I am more comfortable going out fully en fem because it is clear how I am presenting. Even so it can be fun but I feel like the risk of getting harassed is higher, even though I have not had any really negative things happen. In fact, it is more shocking how seemingly oblivious people can be. I , on the other hand, notice everyone In close proximity. ; )

Sandi

Sandi, So glad you got the opportunity to dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There was a time in my past I would never even think of doing MIAD, but today, things are being better accepted.
    I like how you described your fashion show and wonder if you made the evening go by faster for the lady at the counter?
    That has to be a boring or challenging job depending on the time of day.
    Cracker Barrel ALWAYs gets me in trouble as they have some nice feminine stuff....glad you could get away and have some "ME" time!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Candy

Right you are about Cracker Barrel having some nice items. I have mentioned before the way they have the store laid out, you can look at women?s clothing on the sly because everything is mixed up.

One of my favorite tops is the one in my profile which is a very pretty crochet. I got numerous compliments on it.

Sandi

Sounds like your having a great time Sandi I think it?s great you have the nerve to do the MIAD look i like the mini fashion show what a hoot that had to be. I have a couple cute mini skirts and a little summer skater dress that I plan on wearing out in public this summer looking forward to the warmer days ahead.

I was with my wife at Cracker Barrel and took a quick at the ladies clothes while she went to the bathroom. They had a really cute midi-length "panel" jean skirt that I wanted, but I couldn't buy it with wifey there. So, I came back few days later on my own to get it. They didn't have my size. I was bummed out.

While I was looking, a SA came up to me and asked if she could help. I told her that they didn't have the size I wanted. She said that I should check their web site. I guess it shows my age. I never thought of Cracker Barrel having a web site to sell clothes. I got the skirt off the web site.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sandi, Congrats on finally having some fun and getting away from home for a bit. I am sure the lady at the desk in the hotel is still smiling from your fashion show.
    Crissy

I'm always tempted by the women's stuff they sell at Cracker Barrel...who would have thought a 'down home' restaurant would sell cute tops?

I do steer away from the Miad look, if it suits you go for it, seems like you have little problem with it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverly

It is actually not what I strive for, I just did not have time as it takes me a wicked long time to put on all my makeup when I have to turn around and remove it for work. That being said, I hope to have enough time to get fully dressed in the Clearwater area tonight if I can swing it.

I just could not resist as it has been a long time since I could dress up and I like to test out how clothing looks. I do not want to put on something that makes me look fat : )

Sandi

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Update,

I am sitting in the Quench bar in Clearwater FL. A couple tried to guess my age and missed by 30 years, haha. I love it.

Sandi

Sandi, Good for you, after all the time grounded at home, it had to feel so good to actually enjoy yourself again. Pretty funny on the couple trying to guess your age.
    Crissy

Hey Crissy

Yes it was a lot of fun. I have been driving most of the day trying to get out of the spring break traffic jam. Uggh.

So I was the one who actually asked them to guess my age. It turns out that is a pretty easy conversation starter, and this lady had to think about it really hard. Actually she was off my 29 years and shouted and expletive in the bar when I told her, and the guy with her was trying to get her to tone it down as he said she had a few to drink. We talked a good while. She wanted to know if I use Botox or something. I did not tell her that I do use that product called Instant Face Lift. It has its limitations but it does have a bit of a positive effect.

So even though I am not really into the guy GoGo dancer thing, one of them was kind of funny and I ended up dancing with him next to the bar for about a half of a song. We were all laughing because I was braless. With my liquid type BFS size 8 platinum seal forms attached with only hollisters, I was bouncing all over the place - what Helen Highwater calls bouncing betties. Too funny. So since we were the only ones dancing, we were drawing attention from a number of bar patrons. I could tell because guys are especially poor at hiding how they will rotate in their seat to get a better look. What a hoot. Good times are coming again but for now I think I will stay out of the bars at least until I get my second shot. I just could not resist the opportunity.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandi , Sounds like you had a wonderful time there>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I put a picture of what I wore last Friday night over in the pictures forum. I hope you like it.

Tata

Sandi

Sandi, and a great photo it is.

Sandi,
    You look great. I often dress when I'm out of town but rarely go out fully made up let alone MAID. That thought scares me to death. When I go out, I leave through the back stairs and drive elsewhere. I never want to be recognized or outed. I guess I am just to much a wimp. At 62 you would think I would be over that.

Sandi,
    What a turn around for you. Just recently weren't you struggling with CDing?
    Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Julie

I was recently feeling kind of down because of lack of being able to go anywhere fully dressed up in over a year, then the opportunity just happened to come up. So I was took advantage of it and had a really nice time.

Sandi