Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving

Banned Read only
    Krisi,
    At the moment I'm safeguarding my children's inheritance , I was in a fortunate situation when I separated from my wife that we split everything 50-50 , ( no not the clothes , although she did dump some of her rubbish on me which I found out when I unpacked my clothes after the move .) We both bought homes and as I moved to an area where properties don't cost as much I was able to be a property to ear a rental income , so beween us our children and grandchildren won't lose out .

I must admit I could no longer live with that suppression in my life so no secrets anymore and no worries about neighbours , I chose to tell all my neighbours to nip the tittle tattle in the bud . OK just to make the point again it's also not a hobby to me it's my life .

I feel that HOA’s can be a nightmare if the wrong people are in charge. We had a over zealous group that went around taking pictures of things and before long you would get a nasty letter from the attorney. The next step was for them to sue neighbors. We had to wrestle control back from these ruthless do gooders. I also noticed that at the same time their close friends could do anything they wanted.
    I do not think I would buy in a HOA controlled subdivision again.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 03-24-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    Crissy

When we moved into our house 20 years ago, we had 3 rules:
    1. Our realtor must have experience in home building.
    2. There cannot be an HOA.
    3. The home must be at least 30 years old, because we've both lived in crappy 1990s apartments, where none of the walls lined up.

It is the way.
    Yeah, we have the crazy neighbor with three dead jalopies in his yard who rides his lawnmower to the gas station. Still. Worth. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    I feel that HOA?s can be a nightmare if the wrong people care in charg.
    agree, but we saved 100k by moving and putting up with some crap. one of the costs of living in the dark state of california

Platinum Member
    Moving to an old folks community never crossed my mind, >Orchid**0o**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Our HOA made a big mistake when contracted with a management firm. One provision paid the management company for each notice of violation it sent out. Predictably, the management company immediately sought to maximize its revenue by citing homeowners for all sorts of supposed violations, actually including things like a basketball left on the lawn, moss growing along the foundation, and ?abandoned cars? left on the driveway. In one case in particular, I recall the cited homeowner remarked, ?that car is what i drive to work every day!? The firm was fired by popular demand.

Silver Member
    We talked about moving to a 55 and above communities but we are not people that like to feel that we have to attend hosted parties. I'm not sure what the reaction would be for crossdressers. We live in a nice subdivision. People know I wear women's clothes. I don't try to pass. I dress the same as the women in our subdivision do. If I lived in a 55 community I wouldn't worry what the neighbors think any more than here.

The other morning, I received 2 heavy large packages that were left on our porch. I was wearing a house dress but decided to go out and get them as I reached over to pickup one, the neighbors walking her dog said those look heavy. I said they are. She was about 20 feet from and never commented about my dress. She is about my age and we often talk because her dog loves me. She has talked to me when I was wearing tops that were obvious with projection.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 03-27-2021 at 11:35 PM.