Thread: Just began to embrace dressing

Just began to embrace dressing

Anyone else embrace dressing later in life?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Never occurred to me to try on women's things before my 50's. Until then, I was only interested in getting women out of them!

There r a few other late starters here, too, LL. And, many who started late but knew early on they had something going on. They simply resisted the urge for years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Turning 50 soon.... just started really getting into any dressing.....
    You are definitely not alone.

Banned Read only
    Loveslace ,
    It's something I struggled with most of my life so now it's so good to fully embrace being TG and living my life as Teresa .

Yes, it wasn't until my mid 50s that I grew out my hair and started wearing distinctly female styles of clothing.
    I've been shaving my legs and arms and wear shorts down to a 2inch inseam when the weather is warm.

I condition my hair with Argan oil and keep trimming off the split hairs with the proper scissors so it looks good.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-23-2021 at 01:22 PM.

I did not really go out socially until I was almost 60, so it is never to late. It can be a lot of fun.

Sandi

It depends what you mean by later in life, 20, 30, 40, 50... I knew something was up from early on just didn't know what "it" was until much later.

I didn't start late, but I started later than some. I'm reading about people who started when they were nine or ten. Six or seven. Even as young as three!

I didn't start until I was about thirteen. First I fell in love with this girl. Her name was Maureen, and she had red hair and a nice face and figure. I still have a school picture of her after all these years. She was so cute. Such a pity she didn't go for me the way I went for her. All that teenage angst of "unrequited love." She had a guitar-playing boyfriend named Bert who got her pregnant and she had to leave school early. What a pity! Anyway after a while I realized I wanted to dress like her. And like other girls too. Compared with some, I guess I missed a few years of dressing. Still, it's never too late to start.

There seem to be "breakpoints" at which the urge to dress first emerges. For some, it's any time in childhood. For others like me, it's early teens. Then there are the "late bloomers": 40, 50, even 60. Perhaps they were suppressing the urge all those years; some more or less consciously, as Teresa said, others below the level of consciousness, so it emerged as a total surprise later in life. But so far there seems to be a gap in between. Did anyone suddenly discover the urge to dress at 20, say, or even 30? Well, we'll see. I suspect though that if they didn't catch the train at the second station (early teens), it probably passed them by for many years. Most likely because, as the Doc said, in those intervening years they were more interested in getting women out of their clothes than getting themselves into them!

I started when I was 7.... but the urges subsided in my 30s and 40s but came back with a vengeance in my early 50s. Mostly due to the successful treatment of a female hormone secreting tumor.... which also causes obsessive behavior! The double whammy!

No, not me, I started early when cross dressers were burned at the stake.

I feel the late bloomers like yourself have been able to read favourable reports about such activities and this has piqued your interest.

I blame the internet for "cross dressing" and the movies for "Cowboys and Indians." :-)

"Mothers and Fathers" have a place in there somewhere as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I started dressing at 3 years old. I didn’t accept it as part of my "normal" until my 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Mostly due to the successful treatment of a female hormone secreting tumor....
    Estrogen poisoning. I just knew it had to be a thing.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

That's interesting about the estrogen, Karren. At first blush I would have expected it to work the other way round. That's to say, if excess estrogen was feminizing you, wouldn't that evoke, rather than suppress, an urge to dress? However, if the urge is somehow libido-driven, estrogen would be inhibiting the libido... until it was let loose.

About 64-65!!! Repressed through a 34 year 5 month marriage! Mostly naive! Never too old! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I have always known about my female side and managed to ignore her for much of my 58 years. When I turned 50 she started to want out. I managed to keep her at bay. The urges started building and 2 years ago it was let be out or go crazy. At 56 I decided to accept and embrace my female side. I immediately came out to my wife. While she accepts it she doesn't understand it. What she has noticed is I a much happier.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

it was always in my mind for more years than I care to remember, from smoothing my clothes under my bottom when I sat down just as I had seen women do, when i was still at school right up to it becoming a desperate need to dress in womens clothes. Two dovorces later, strangely not related but due to work demands, I can now dress every day as I please and go where I want to wthout hindrance. Sure I get the odd glance but who does not. I reply with a polite smile, it works wonders.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I have been dressing or interested in women's clothes for as long as I can remember. So it's nothing new for me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".