Thread: Ever have one of those days?

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

Ever have one of those days?

Hey y'all.

Well, I was actually going to go out CD'd today...... I had a really cute outfit picked out, along with a wig and knew what makeup I was gonna wear as well. I shaved, brushed my teeth, had my shower with women's body wash and put on women's Dove deodorant. After that, I put on my underclothes, (panties, bra, breast forms, tights and shaper), then put on nail polish, came back into my living room to let it dry. Then, I went back into my bathroom and was just about to begin my makeup routine when it hit...... I just felt like, UGH! I don't feel like doing this today, so I stopped cold before I even began to put on makeup and I removed my nail polish.

I don't know why this feeling came over me today, I fully intended on going out as Kimberly. I just kinda feel icky and and little blech today, I have no idea why. Perhaps one reason is, we're expecting some storms in my area today that could get severe, so anxiety about that sorta set in. I guess that's why I changed my mind about going out dressed today.

So, have any of you had a day like this?
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Sounds like you have the VIRUS!!! Lol. I have had that happen. Usually after dressing for a week straight... or full time for a few days in a row then bane. Nothing...

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    LOL Karen, nah, I'm pretty sure I don't have Covid..... I may have had it before and didn't even know it, never had symptoms, but I've had both of my vaccines, last one about a month ago now. Anyway, I totally get it. Sometimes you wanna be en femme, other times not. I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I have to get my car fixed tomorrow, plus my dad needs my help with something so I kinda blew going out dressed today..... UGH!! LOL I guess it'll have wait until Monday because I have to work all weekend.... GRR!
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kimberly , That happens to the Best of us, Sometimes I get everything out and
    get back on the computer and forget all about dressing, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Maybe that is the reason many GG's go out today with just Jeans and a top. No Make-up
    or even a comb in there hair, They are too tired to get "dressed"

Platinum Member
    It happens to everyone. I found when I had a very limited time period to be en femme it drove me totally nuts. I would grab at "crumbs of time." It was nerve racking. When I knew I could schedule a vacation day when still working or when I retired with my wife still working there was no frustration. There were many days when I had more important priorities to accomplish. It is possible the threat of a tornado could damper your desire. I notice some places in Alabama were flattened today.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes and no, Kim. Sometimes I have a big session planned. Like u, I don't "just throw on a few things". It's either a big production number or nothing!

Then, I decide I'm NOT feeling it!
    So, I just forget about it!

Whenever I start? I get so into it, stopping before I finish and seeing Sherry in my mirror never enters my mind!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-26-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yup been there done that. I have had days of anticipation for a great dress up day and when the time and space came I just wasn't feeling the same as my mind had anticipated it. Then there are the pink fog days where I can't sleep thinking about getting dressed and having a Teri day and it happens. I love getting dressed but in my excitement I end up with clothes and make up spread out all over. Clean up and storing my things after Teri day is not part of the excitement for me.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

There have been a few times when I went out, seriously intent on dress shopping, and then found I couldn't get my self to enter the store.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I think that is just one of those things that can happen to us. In your case today my guess it was the threat of bad weather, that has to weigh on ones mind.
    Crissy

I can't recall having this experience with regard to dressing, but your theory about the storm may very well be valid. For one thing it ruins the female experience if you have to run through a torrential downpour and end up soaked to the skin, makeup streaking and everything. Then if the storm poses a threat of serious harm, well, maybe dressing is something to be enjoyed in an environment that "feels safe" (whatever "safe" may mean), while if there are dangers to be dealt with, you may feel more capable coping with those in male mode.

Yes, happens to me once in a while, more so the older I get.
    The last time it happened I pushed through the thud, nixed the eyelashes, earrings, and went grocery shopping as I needed egg noodles and veggie broth for a dinner I was making.
    I made it thru shopping, put the groceries away and plopped in the recliner....
    Heard a beeep, beeep of the kitchen time and awoke to see my wife through the picture window, pulling in the driveway....EEEEEEK!
    I don't think I got re-dressed and make up cleaned in a quicker time.
    I learned after that, you way to just stop is much better....
    ....sometimes we just don't have that desire and it's best not to push it.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A. View Post
    LOL Karen, nah, I'm pretty sure I don't have Covid..... I may have had it before and didn't even know it, never had symptoms, but I've had both of my vaccines, last one about a month ago now. Anyway, I totally get it. Sometimes you wanna be en femme, other times not. I'm off work today and tomorrow, but I have to get my car fixed tomorrow, plus my dad needs my help with something so I kinda blew going out dressed today..... UGH!! LOL I guess it'll have wait until Monday because I have to work all weekend.... GRR!
    I stopped feeling sorry for you when you said you had to wait till Monday! lol I haven't fully dressed this year.... sigh....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There will be times were the sheer effort of getting ready gets too much.

Something you've been looking forward to suddenly just doesn't seem as desirable. You just don't feel like it and you don't know why. Life's funny like that.

I have had those days on many, MANY occasions. For me, it seems like the more you think about the actual dressing, the more it does not seem to be meeting the expectations and I end up losing the desire to dress.

It's weird how something you want to do so much can be lost so fast.

Cynthia
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Kimberly, that feeling comes over me everyday. Acting on it is another thing. Enjoy!
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have had days where the fog lifted halfway through my transformation, I can always tell if I push through it. The pictures don't lie, my heart wasn't in it. Best just to put on a pair of women's jeans and watch a good movie; oh look D.E.B.S. is on. LOL Take care All, Brenda

Oh yes, Kimberly. I have this urge rise up and get really strong. I respond accordingly to have a pretty girlish day and suddenly the desire falls off a cliff. The urge, the feelings, everything that was driving it runs out of gas. Very disappointing and discouraging, but that is also the way the brain works sometimes. It gets distracted by something else and the pause button is pushed. Don't worry; once your brain is finished fiddling with whatever it is fiddling with it will start again. It has its own priorities.

The days can be quite frequent, all you do is turn the situation into a task, AND GET OUT THERE.

That is how I would overcome it anyway.

It worked for me, I don't have those feelings anymore.

I get turned off by having to go back to drab.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It happens to us all.
    The other day I had nothing in particular planned and the night before picked out my outfit. I usually don't glam up due to the area we're in and if I'm just sitting about the house it feels wasteful. I got up, showered and shaved and just didn't feel it. Even looking at the dress, stockings and heels didn't do it for me. I put them away and opted for a pair of skinny jeans and a cute sweater with flats. I only did light makeup, mostly just my eyes and some lipstick and spent the day doing house things, like laundry, the dishes and some cleaning.
    It was going to be a dress up day and photos and it turned into a housewife day.
    Sometimes it's just the way it is.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It happens to all of us. Two weeks ago I had the house to myself for 24 hours and while i had good intentions of making the most of it, I just wasn't in the mood.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I stopped feeling sorry for you when you said you had to wait till Monday! lol I haven't fully dressed this year.... sigh....
    right there with you karen. My time went from 2-3 days a week to zero. Sometimes a lttle undies thing but basically zilch. We just passed our 1 year mark in lockdown and it is becoming more difficult to cope.
    While the wife knows, she does not participate and our original arrangement worked great. SIGH; we will behave and carry on. i just hope after all this that i will not fall 'out of the mood' when the oportunity presents itself, i miss Marsha

Yes, One of those days, It happens just don't feel like it. Evenif I force my self It isn't fun. It happens and I just roll with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I find it so stresful to rush getting ready, so even when I have a free day to dress I dont do makeup, need a few free days to really enjoy me meing fully dressed. If i had to get ready in less than 3 hours it would stress me, lol