Thread: Family therapist

Family therapist

Ladies,

I am in Richmond VA and I am in search of a family therapist who specializes in LGBT and families. But not just solely on the LGBT issues.
    Amanda

I just posted this on another thread. The same advice applies to you, only the location is different.

Cast your net wider.

These days most therapists are doing Zoom/tele meetings, so you don't necessarily need to be in the same location. My son has anxiety issues and has met with therapists in Chicago (300 miles away) and Melbourne, Australia (7,000+ miles away, and a 15 hour time difference--my wife is an Aussie and knew the therapist).

So don't limit your search to the Phoenix area; you can look US or world wide.

So sad finally talked to me tonight and this is what he said. I don't know what to think.

OK, your mom & I have also found therapists thru our primary care. But you have this with your work so we're agreeable.

Next, I was in the middle of composing this on text but I'll send here so everyone will see it.

I know you were hurt by my reaction and words about your FB page and by your declaration. I apologize for the hurt I caused. I hope you understand why and that my reaction is a normal reaction. I'm still very hurt as you are. This impacts the entire family. At this stage of my life I never would have thought your mom & I would have to be dealing with this. I had expectations that will now never be realized. A very large part of my life expectations and dreams have died with your proclamation. So my words and reaction, while hurtful and for which I apologize for, was not an abnormal reaction. But I'm sorry for the hurt you feel.
    Amanda