Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My coming out story

My coming out story

On my birthday (October 1st) I decided to come out of the closet. The first person I told was my mother I told her I was a crossdresser. I said after everything I have been through I deserve to do what makes me happy. I told her its not a gay thing its more of a hobby and I sat in silence. My mother finally said oh yea I know i've known since you was little why do you think I suggested the woman halloween costumes and gave you heels? Hey come with me. She took me to one of her closets and started giving me clothes, Heels, Bras, and hose she told me all this is too big for me and you can have whatever fits. The last dress I tried on was a slinky red dress hose and platform red heels. Looking in the mirror I was suddenly overwhelmed with emotions and started tearing up. I was asked what was wrong and I asked my mom can I have a hug? She said of course after the hug she told me to sit down and let's talk. I was asked whats was wrong? I said, thanks for accepting me it feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders. I no longer have to sneak around and hide. Mom told me of course I accept you you are my child i about lost you twice and it was touch and go both times. We all knew and was waiting for you to come out for so long. I asked do you want to hear my woman's name? Of course she did I said Brandy because if i was born a girl you was going to name me Brandy so here she is. She said she loves it and gave me a hug. That began my journey of coming out to everybody everybody is accepting. One friend said ok so what's your big news? I said that is and i got oh hell we knew just been waiting on you. My other female friend said you are my oldest friend and I will love you if you are wearing ratty jeans and a beach Tshirt or a sweater dress and cute ankle boots. You could turn yourself into a real life monster I wouldnt care. Had one to say "Flowers come in a vast variety inviting shape, color, growth and more Some weeds have flowers. but anybody that can appreciate the beauty in life will appereciate all flowers. Thats how it went with everybody now 6 months later I have 3 wigs more heels and boots than guy shoes. Half of my closet is dresses, skirts,Blouses, Panties, pantyhose, and Bras. This july im going to a con dressed as Supergirl.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Wonderful! So happy for you, thanks for sharing.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Super story

Julie

You have a great mother and wonderful friends

Hi Brandie,

Lovely story.....keep the good posts coming. Your mother is precious, give her a hug from us.

BTW what part of TN?

Davina

Brandie, I love your coming out story, I can understand the tears, I almost had some myself just reading about you.
    Crissy

One of the nicest coming out situations I have read abou in a long while.

May you have continuing support from everyone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Brandie,
    I felt like it was a millstone lifted off my shoulders but that's how it feels after so many years .

Your mum is very much like mine although our ages are different , she's now 91 but I was really surprised how well she tokk it and how much she understood . I'm not sure if you did yourself any favours by calling it a hobby because it implies it;s something you can stop if you choose , I told my mujm I was born like it and explained the thinking behind that . She was OK at the time then two days later the phone rang and she told me she was upset because as a mother it was all her fault , I finally reassured her it wasn't .

The other point I would take care with is not going OTT with her , my mum accepts my level of makeup is OK and my choice of clothes but she may not be so happy if I wear high heels and an off the shoulder dress . Take it in easy stages , she is on your side at the moment . As for name , I kept it simple by changing Terry to Terri , she was OK with that and sent me a Xmas card with Terri inside . When lockdown finishes she's now happy to go out for a coffee and visit a garden centre , what more could I ask .

I really am pleased for you her support will go along way with gaining acceptance from others .

Quote Originally Posted by Davina2833 View Post
    Hi Brandie,

Lovely story.....keep the good posts coming. Your mother is precious, give her a hug from us.

BTW what part of TN?

Davina
    East tn valley

Holy cow, Brandie, that is the most beautiful coming out story I have ever heard. Of course, it is not a story - it is real. The best part is not the relief and release you experienced in revealing the truth about you but you made your mother so very happy in the process. She loves you unconditionally and knew how you were from long ago. She allowed you to grow in your own way rather than trying to force you down certain paths. And now it has all converged into a beautiful configuration.

What a wonderful story. Thank-you so much for sharing it with us.
    You have an amazing Mom from the sounds of it
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

Aspiring Member
    Brandie,

Many thanks for sharing your beautiful and emotional Coming Out Story. Kudos to your mother, family and friends for their acceptance. The world needs more stories like yours.

Best wishes going forward.
    Michele

Brandie, I couldn't be happier for you. I wish you only the best of wishes, and love from your friends and family, and of course us. Brenda

Platinum Member
    Nice to read another story of acceptance. Thanks for sharing.

Such a great story! So happy for you!

Hi Brandy,

What a wonderful story. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Wow nice story, thanks for sharing.

When I was 16 my mom caught me dressed up in the woman's clothes she had in the attic.
    She said she didn't mind me wearing the clothes, just put them back when your done.
    She told my sisters that I was going through a phase!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Worlds longest phase.

Great news you are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Lovely "coming out" story, Brandie, but it strikes me that there is also a missing piece here.

You speak about the overwhelming support from your mother and female friends, and much of that apparently had to do with the fact that they already "knew" and were just waiting for you to come out of the closet, so to speak.

Conspicuous by its absence was any mention of the menfolk in your life and their reactions, however. Is (was?) there a father the picture, and if so, what was his reaction? That of brothers (if any), friends, or work colleagues etc.?

Given that you live in a "Red State" part of the U.S. that is not exactly known for being overly LGBTQ-friendly (I hesitate to use the term "Redneck" here), I have trouble believing that it was all "rainbows and unicorns" the way you have presented your coming-out story.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but not everyone who is in your situation experiences the same allegedly smooth ride on the road to acceptance. When we post here, we should always bear in mind that we also have a responsibility to realistically manage the expectations of those others on this Forum who might see us as relatable role models.

Brandi, it's so good to read acceptance stories. It's what we all hope for, and it's so hard when it doesn't come true in our own lives. But it seems things are going well for you, and I hope it continues. And maybe things will change for those of us who haven't been so lucky.
    Live it up! Indulge yourself. Enjoy all the fem feelings and experiences that you want. And keep updating us on the fun!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Lovely "coming out" story, Brandie, but it strikes me that there is also a missing piece here.

You speak about the overwhelming support from your mother and female friends, and much of that apparently had to do with the fact that they already "knew" and were just waiting for you to come out of the closet, so to speak.

Conspicuous by its absence was any mention of the menfolk in your life and their reactions, however. Is (was?) there a father the picture, and if so, what was his reaction? That of brothers (if any), friends, or work colleagues etc.?

Given that you live in a "Red State" part of the U.S. that is not exactly known for being overly LGBTQ-friendly (I hesitate to use the term "Redneck" here), I have trouble believing that it was all "rainbows and unicorns" the way you have presented your coming-out story.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but not everyone who is in your situation experiences the same allegedly smooth ride on the road to acceptance. When we post here, we should always bear in mind that we also have a responsibility to realistically manage the expectations of those others on this Forum who might see us as relatable role models.
    Let me put you mind at ease yes there is a father in my life and 2 brothers
    Father reaction-Hell I have known that for years
    Brothers-You make a damn good looking woman I have been flowing your pictures for years.
    When I said all my friends that included the male friends also.
    I live outside of Knoxville Tennessee a city that has been voted sevral time as one of most friendliest LGBTQ city in the US.
    In 2012 the international LGBTQ Magazine The Advocate listed Knoxville as the “8th Gayest City in America”
    Red state dont mean anything we are a mountain people we are clanish comes from our Irish roots which means we take care of our own and each other and god help anybody that comes threw this state looking to cause trouble for the LGBTQ comunity. They dont lay under that here we accept everybody.
    Last edited by char GG; 03-29-2021 at 09:49 PM. Reason: removed derogatory term

Great experience, I teared up reading about your family experience.
    It reminded me of the relationship with my Mother who left us in 2009, I so miss her.
    Her teachings and mentoring carries on, she helps me find lost earrings, close a sticky clasp, and mend a fraying hem.
    She make me remember shopping in the women's section of Goldblatts, my first hair salon visit, and taking the train downtown wearing my favorite dress.
    Remember and cherish these times, they are your future memories!
    Last edited by candykowal; 03-29-2021 at 10:24 PM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandi , You are so blessed to have such a WonderfulMother,
    I wish you all the best in your new lifes journeys, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I was amazed that my friends and family already knew as well. I wish I hadn't hidden for so long!
    xxoo
    Jennifer