Thread: Dealing with issues one at a time

Dealing with issues one at a time

This is a big week for me. I went to the doctor this morning about my blood pressure spike brought on by anxiety. He upped my BP med does and gave me something for anxiety. Tomorrow I go to the car dealer and plan on driving a newer or possibly new vehicle home thus regaining my mobility. Covid shot #2 next week and I get in for the slow healing skin blemish first thing next month. I have a history with that sort of thing and it is starting to improve so with the medication changes it should help me calm down and deal with that.

A bit further out in the future my wife and I agreed to take separate mini vacations so one of us can stay home and tend to the cats. Star has a lot of catching up to do but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have been very negative in my comments so I wanted to post something more upbeat for a change. It?s as if the world went dark for a year and I can finally see the sun starting to peek over the eastern horizon.

Star we are glad that things are looking up for you. Keep up with the positive attitude and thoughts. You deserve to be happy. Best wishes.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Star we are glad that things are looking up for you. Keep up with the positive attitude and thoughts. You deserve to be happy. Best wishes.
    Thanks for your patience and encouragement.

Things are looking up for you, congrats on understanding the mental process only you can steer as those good souls here can only point the way.
    The sun is rising, for me, it's getting my convertible sports car out of "garage queen mode".... since the salt on the streets have washed away.
    Now, cruising with the top down in a sheer low cut blouse, a pleated skirt and high heel stick shifting is on my list for feminine fun!
    Make your goals and stick with them...it all about our mental health.
    Life is just too short to do otherwise!!!!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

As you're dealing with your issues one at a time, contact me once you have reliable transportation I've been ordering online for years using a gift card for payment and a post office box for delivery.

It's largely under the radar.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    Hi Star, It is great that you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel
    and it is not just a train coming the other way,

Keep your positive attitude & take life one day at a time, >Orchid**oo**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It's good to hear this, Star. I hope you enjoy your new wheels, and also make the best of your wife's mini-vacation!

Great to hear you are getting your second shot soon. It does make a difference in your attitude toward life. But we still need to be careful and continue with the mask. It is better and easier if it is a pretty one. And regaining your mobility will make a huge difference after being basically home bound for so long.

The mini-vacation approach works for us. Some people could not stand to travel alone, but once you have done it you are likely to enjoy it. Just not too long. You can pretty much do and explore what you want. It is still a good idea to have a vacation with the two of you once in awhile though.

I know what you mean about the year of darkness. I am fully vaccinated and now feel more confident about going places once in awhile. I recommend easing into a somewhat more free pattern - no need to go wild and that could cause you to not follow the remaining precautions. Even a little bit more freedom feels like a real treat. We have been in prison for a long time. Just remember that the vaccinations do not protect you 100 percent, but even if you are one of the unlucky few who still get Covid you are very likely to have a mild case. The numbers for effectiveness are really amazingly high. Just need more to get the vaccine and the sooner that happens the sooner we can all join in with a party.

GretchenM, I moonlighted from my day job nights and weekends traveling as far as neighboring states for a publication for close to twenty years. I traveled alone and Star saw a few motels every summer. We have always taken those little separate car trips but Covid put them on hold. A few years back I was home alone for a whole week one summer. We had access to a family lake home an hour away and would alternate staying there as well. I stepped down from the writing at 65 and retired a couple years later. Covid and a relative buying everyone out ended our individual getaways. At the start of the lockdown we still had access to the lake place but that ending on top of everything else locked us down at home. This crazy has been going on for so long that it?s hard to remember having that amount of freedom. We do take big trips together and traveled overseas a couple years ago.

Platinum Member
    I'm happy things are looking up for you. My wife use to travel out of state to visit our daughter when she lived in Chicago. She was gone seven to ten days. It was Stephanie time 24/7 with evening drives and strolls. It was get up in the morning. Change out of my nightgown and panty into a dress and heels for the day. Our back yard is spacious so I could sit outside in privacy too. She would also take a spring trip to visit her cousin in Arizona which gave me another extended vacation at home. Our daughter moved back and lives thirty five miles from us. Pre-covid my wife would babysit overnight at our daughter's apartment. My wife is now retired. Her cousin is now having the beginning of Alzheimer's Disease so trips to Arizona are probably history. The best I can do now is what I am doing every morning; banging away on the key board dress is a bra, panty and nightgown under an ankle length fluffy robe. That gives me about three hours a day semi femme mode along with sleeping in a nightie. Needless to say I am looking forward to the end of covid so my wife can babysit overnight again.

Great to see you chipping away at your issues one at a time.

This is a better way to go, your holiday arrangements look like a way to achieve this.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Star,

That is really good news. I hope it all goes well as it progresses. Keep us posted please. I was feeling kind of down myself not long ago and all of a sudden things changed for the better for me as well. I still need my 2nd shot too, so I am going to try to wait about doing too much too soon.

Take care,

Sandi

Got the newer vehicle problem solved yesterday at our favorite local car dealer. The doctor saw me Monday for the blood pressure spike, upped my BP med level and gave me something for the anxiety attacks. Today is my next counseling session and hopefully enough time to run my old beater to the salvage yard as that one is totally used up and rusted. I literally went from a junker to the showroom and bought a two year old certified used rental return with low miles.

While these things aren?t about new clothes or venturing out dressed they are an integral part of removing obstacles. I hope one day to be able to come here and make those kinds of posts there is still more work to do before I get to that point.