Thread: Good news/Bad news

Good news/Bad news

The good news? Things are starting to reopen.

The bad news? It wasn't soon enough to save my favorite TG-friendly bar. It has closed permanently, another victim of the pandemic. It was one of those gay bars where everyone was truly welcome. Gay, straight, TG, whatever, it just had a welcoming vibe. That can't be said for all gay or straight bars.

For more than 20 years it was a great place to meet with my gurlfriends, enjoy a drink, flirt with chasers, dance or just hang out. I had men hit on me, straight women admire my heels and even had some very masculine lesbians buy me drinks.

There were monthly drag shows as well as special event parties, no drama but always good times. All gone now.

That's so sad, they say things will go back to normal soon. In your situation that normal may never return but the good news is your healthy enough to hopefully make a new normal. I believe the crossdressing store I would go to also took a hit. It's going to take time but we will find a new normal.

Gosh I hate news like this. Hopefully another place will open to take its place. I hate the term "the new normal". I long for the time when I can just mind my own business and not worry that there is some rule that I may be violating.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I feel your pain, be had a few go under by us...I truly miss our Forestview Lounge.
    It was just as you described, we have so many memories their.
    I sure hope our local Big Shot's Piano bar stay open...
    It about going back to your favorite girly hangout and reliving the good time and remember the past events.
    Like the time Julie has a birthday party their and we got to meet her family and their friends.
    Or the G2G we had with a dozen of us girls from all over the midwest...

Those places don't come back either...going to Olive Garden or other corporate places aren't the same as those Ma & Pa places, Sorry for your loss.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I'm so sorry. That place sounds like a real gem. But if there is a market for a place like that, and sounds like there is, maybe someone will come in and try to recreate it. I've always been into food and of course drinks, so I've sort of dreamed about starting a cool place such as that where everyone is welcome. But alas, it's a very difficult business. And hopefully things change where we can feel welcome everywhere.

I'm very sorry to hear about that closure, Michelle. Especially if you enjoyed so much being "naughty" (nudge, nudge). I can only hope that someone in your town will fill that gap with a new enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    I hate the term "the new normal". I long for the time when I can just mind my own business and not worry that there is some rule that I may be violating.
    Yeah, I hate that garbage too. People making more and more "rules" all the time. Prating blithely about "change" as if it meant nothing, when in reality it's deterioration and oppression. Things like flying, for instance, aren't the fun they used to be. And I think I talked elsewhere about children losing their natural right to roam unaccompanied. There was more freedom in the old days.

- Liberty Lori

Yeah.... life sucks, then you die... was an old friends favorite saying... even before the pandemic! Things change, things go away... it has always been that way and there no going back. Things have just be accelerated. Some of my favorite places are still here but they have changed so much I will never go back. And a local fetish lingerie store I frequented closed. But new things come along to take their place. If there is a market.... may not be in the same place.

Do not understand why humans think that things have to rename constant. Like living along a sea shore or a river! Those are erosional features... temporary geologically speaking! Then they complain when it floods or a hurricane comes along and moves the beach! There is no normal... No constant! Never has been... things change... s$!t happens...

Steps off soap box... putting my mask back on! Lol
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-08-2021 at 12:02 AM.

Things change, sometimes for the worst, sometimes the better.

For some retailers, closing could work out well. If the shops stay closed then in order to attract new businesses, the landlords, the owners of the property, may be forced to offer lower rents.

As others have said, those businesses were viable before the pandemic so not reason why they can't restart and still be viable.

If the owners were smart and any debts are against the business and not them personally then they're in a position to refinance and start up again.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , It is so sad that so many business have closed forever,>Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So sorry to hear about that. Of course, it is happening all over the place. We are all poorer because of it. However, on the bright side the demise of one place leaves a void in the fabric and so long as there is a need for that venue when things get better, and they will, someone will fill that void with something new. And maybe better. Change happens.

Reality Check
    Pandemic or not, it's uncommon for restaurants and bars to last even twenty years. I'm sorry yours closed, but you should be able to find another one.

Having played music in bars for many years and having even managed one for a year or two, I am not into the bar scene, but many people are and that's fine.
    Krisi

So all of the girls you met and hung out with, what are they doing? Didn't go as far as getting information from them? Maybe you could get the band back together elsewhere?