Thread: I became much more visible today.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

I became much more visible today.

March 31st is International Transgender Day of Visibility and I did exactly that. I'd been saying on my Dave Facebook account that I'm transgender since last October. But until today I've never posted a photo or indicated I've changed my name and gender legally. I was up early (kind of sleepless I guess) and posted my photo, changed my name and gender and let people know they could no longer say they didn't know a Transgender person. They've known one as long as they've known me and if they stuck around for that long, they might as well understand I'm actually pretty normal.

The response has been positive so far with lots of love and respect and claims that I'm brave. On that last one I just waited out the negative risks and finally saw no significant problem. I expect some of the "friends" will be drifting away from me, but the core family and friends are with me and those others won't be missed (we probably disagreed on politics as well ).

As we always seem to say, Your Mileage May Vary, but this has been a good day for me and sets the table for B.A. next week. Moving quickly for an old gal, but I've been greasing the skids for years.

Best wishes to those who can be visible today and no judgement patience to those who need to remain under the radar. I hope the path forward for all of us is smoother because of days like this.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sarah,

Thank you so much for this post, which has even more significance on this special day for all of us under the Transgender umbrella, crossdressers included whether they want to realize that or not. I wish you the best on your BA. I had mine a couple of years ago and have some personal advice for you if interested. Just contact me by PM. There is some good and bad in there based on my real life experiences.

Good luck and have a fast recovery,

Allie

Thats awesome! I didn't do any thing nearly so big, but some one in a chat group for a podcast I listen to made a comment about transgender day of visibility, and I came out to them.

Aspiring Member
    That's awesome some, congrats! On trans day of visibility, I updated my pronouns on FB and Gmail signature from they/them to they/she, and yesterday I bought two full bags of clothes ahead of starting at the new job on Monday. It was an interesting experience. I used to shop for women's clothes that could be seen as gender neutral for work, and now all my clothes (style, color patterns, fit) are very feminine. Hey, it's about the gender expression and being visible!

That's great! To overcome fears of the consequences on how things, family, friends and the whole.enviroment could change being out is one the big things tormented me for years during the night and and day too.

I'd been always the kind of person to do the bad and no nice things soon so after the life is easier....

Congratulations!
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Thanks for the comments and my best to everyone as we follow our paths. Yesterday my path passed through the clinic's outpatient surgery facility and I got my breast augmentation done. The surgical bra needs to stay on for another day before I can get a look at the changes, but from what I can see, I think I'll end up being pleased with the results. I'm sore and have limited motion, but I think I'm ready to move on to OTC pain medications. And I've had a couple of family and friends around to help, so things remain good.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Sarah,

That's awesome! Look how far you've come! Congrats and enjoy the life as it meant to be!

That's great! Have a speedy recovery! Also I am jealous! Gentle Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Wow! Great news Sarah!

Take care of yourself and follow all doctor's instructions and please when you can, don't forget to post some before and after pics.

Devi

Congratulations I’m very happy for you Sarah!

Sarah I am happy to hear that things your way continue to go well. You have always been an amazingly good person and you deserve to be happy. Is it a bad thought to be just a little bit jealous of you breast enhancement? Glad to hear family is with you. Huggs Teri
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.