Thread: North East England - Support Groups

North East England - Support Groups

As per another thread, I've recently returned after personal issues a year ago. I'll be honest that a very close family loss made me completely purge, however, that's been discussed elsewhere.

My return was inevitable as once the grief subsided, the need to be me came back big time. I spent a few weeks just dressing when the urge was really strong, then it occurred to me working from home during lock-down that this wasn't necessary and perhaps I was putting myself through too many tribulations.

So my mindset switched to dressing when I felt like it. It's been a surprise to me that working from home during lock-down, I've automatically reached for a dress, heels, hose, etc. and finding that you end up en femme for 21 out of 24 hours of each day some days (night dress or slip while sleeping) was educational to say the least, with male mode only for out of the house (food shopping or going for a jog / run). And this extended dressing time made me feel a much happier person (i.e. Sue was getting more time to express herself).

Obviously, this will be much more constrained once lock-down eases and normal working practices resume. Even on Easter Saturday, I'd decided to go out for the day but reckoned I could dress for an hour before leaving the house and once I got back nine hours later, it was back to girly mode.

My conclusion was I think I need to communicate with like minded people, say a support group. Herein lies a problem, in that parts of NE England aren't well catered for. My nearest big conurbation is Newcastle-upon-Tyne, however, looking for online links has proven problematic. The one website link I did find has expired.

There's support in Darlington and Stockton, but these are to far away. The north of my region is poorly catered for and links have fallen out of use. There's mention of a bar called the Courtyard in Newcastle one Wednesday a month, however, no real online information.

So my question is what do others do when options are limited in their part of the world?

It's not just a compulsion for me, it's also an enjoyment and pleasure. It's just a case of wanting to talk to others in my situation, face-to-face, in a group or social situation and possibly dressed while doing so once the COVID situation eases.

Sue

(P.S. I found myself ordering a really high pair of heels online - not often you can find patent 5" heels in size 9 - and I'm looking forward to their arrival. )
    Last edited by Mackem Sue; 04-03-2021 at 09:37 PM.

Oh I?m so jealous size 9 high heel pumps, mine are size 14 🙁. There are so many shoes in that size you have such a variety.

As far as support groups I have the same problem in the area I?m in as well. It really would be nice to meet other like minded in my area as well-being but alas nothing. I?ve seen some postings in the past but never got the first reply so sorta gave up on it. I?m sorry to hear your having the same problem.

Anyway good luck to you and just make the best of all your outings hold your head up and just do what your doing shopping for clothes groceries or whatever. You?d really be surprised how many just don?t care how we?re dressed so long as we act lady like as well when out. Just blend it

Hi,
    Like you nothing doing ( of the sort of contact i wanted ) in the North West. Another member on here sugested the Beaumont society ( u.k. ) so having looke at their web site i decided to join. They have regional organisers and ( in better times ) small groups get together. They now have a Zoom meeting once a week-- this week its a quiz ,last week the listed descusion was your wardrobe ( clothes that is ! ) it has proved very popular--- gives an excuse to dress up ! They have a very upmarket magazine as well ( spring issue just out ) all in all very glad i joined !
    Liz.
    Their web site should you be interested ,-- https://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk/

Hi, Sue.
    Same issue here in the south east. I have been searching for a few years now and nothing comes up as a suitable place to go. I'm not looking for a date! I'm not looking for a night club or bar! Just somewhere to meet like minded people to interact with. I have come to the conclusion that being home with my wife, who accepts me and supports me and the odd few trips out to the coast is what I have and must appreciate as best as I can. I am not out to my son and his girlfriend fully, but they accept me in a skirt or leggings, but that's enough for me at the moment. I'm not ready for them to see Colleen in all her glory just yet.
    It seems that most venues for what we are looking for are too tacky for my liking. Maybe one day my wife will join me for a walk with the muggles and be comfortable with it. One can only hope.

Banned Read only
    Sue,
    I guess I'm lucky to have a choice of groups before and hopefully after lockdown restrictions here in the East Midlands . While I appreciate it's no help at the moment my local hotel where we meet does do special offers on rooms if you say you are attending our meetings .

As for the returning need , I'm afraid for most of us it is inevtiable . I'm not sure of your circumstances but when I separated and moved I decided I would go fulltime , the need to change to go out and run errands soon fades , now I feel very awkward and uncomfortable when I have to do male mode which is about a couple of hours every 4 months to catch up with my grandsons .

As for the choice of clothes in the home , I'm very open with my neighbours so I never know who might knock at my door and also I still go out every morning to walk with the dog walkers so I'm usually in Jeans and a Tshirt or if it's cold a blouse and sweater , as most GGs would dress.
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-04-2021 at 06:38 AM.