Thread: Another great day !

Banned Read only

Another great day !

Being Easter Sunday I accepted my mother's offer to join her for Sunday lunch but then I realised my sister would be invited as well . My mum is now perefectly happy with Teresa or Terri to her but my sister has never met me as such before . I did play safe and kept dressing simple , smart black jeans , a black blouse with white bird motifs and a grey cardigan with black ankle boots . I applied my normal level of makeup and wig .

I ran slightly late and my sister had already arrived , as I walked in I apologised for being late , she turned and smiled gave my a quick glance and said hello , then carried on helping with the meal . We sat round the meal table and chatted perfectly normally and after talked about an article in the local newspaper about old pictures of the town and our school days . As she was leaving I asked if she would be happy bring mum to my home so I can cook lunch for them both , she smiled and replied no problem let me know when .

It went better than I expected , she didn't bat an eye over the change in me which was lovely for my mother and a great relief for me .

Nice to hear Teresa. In my opinion, family is not something optional anyway. So your sister did the right thing.

I?m guessing that it was not a total surprise for your sister. I?m happy to know that the acceptance was immediate and that it all fell into normal mode for you both.

Banned Read only
    Bea,
    No she has known for some time but it's the fist time she's seen me as Teresa , as I've said many times knowing and the reality of seeing are totally different things .

MiniRock,
    The important point is she did right by my mother , that was my main concern , it is great now for us all to be on the same page .

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , That is just so Wonderful, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Teresa great news so happy for you
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Teresa I'm really happy for you. Having family aboard is deffinately iceing on the cake.

Nice Easter Sunday reception Teresa, it great to hear nothing went out of the norm.
    I am a bit curious as there seems to be a hint of uneasiness in the way you report your interaction with your sister.
    I have no sisters but I do hug my sister-in laws, always have, did you hug your sister or did you, in your past, when you presented as a guy?
    I have a friend who sisters are pretty cold so I know that side of the coin too.
    Being yourself and letting her ease into the new you, I am sure you did the right thing.
    Getting together soon again was true genius...way to go!
    I hope all the members here had a wonderful Easter Sunday!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Another step in the right direction, Teresa. Family appreciation is very important.

Onward and upward - glad things went well

Banned Read only
    Candice,
    You are right in assuming my sister isn't the hugging sort , never has been . I have to admit she appeared more friendly to me as Teresa than she ever was as her brother . Maybe it's the same old story what they assume I look like and what I actually do isn't the same thing , despite being married twice perhaps she just doesn't like men anymore .

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,

I am glad that your sister accepted your authentic identity, and that you had a great day with her and your mother. Were you surprised by her non-reaction?

Best wishes!
    Michele

Banned Read only
    Michele,
    As I mentioned I played safe with my outfit , maybe she was expecting more but evenso I was unsure how she would react .

Platinum Member
    Glad to hear that Easter turned out so well for you and your family.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt